Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

cheers,
    Seems to be a big waiting list so i/you:) will probably just use a padhack for the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Resurrecting a bit of a dead horse here, but it made more sense than pulling my own topic.

Kiki; what's the lifespan on those PCBs you modded my stick with? It's acting up mighty odd recently... Stuff like button presses not registering and the stick DCing from the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa wrote: »
    Resurrecting a bit of a dead horse here, but it made more sense than pulling my own topic.

Kiki; what's the lifespan on those PCBs you modded my stick with? It's acting up mighty odd recently... Stuff like button presses not registering and the stick DCing from the console.
    That's very strange, it shouldn't be doing that! :confused:

I'll try to get any info I can from AkiShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Voa wrote: »

Aside from a loose wire that's since been dealt with, my board is running like a dream. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

What can I do to stop my stick squeaking ever time I press left,It's really stating to annoy me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Is there any way to mod a ps1 namco to work on both ps1/2 and xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

blag wrote: »

Yes, I believe RTSD Speedboat is currently in possesion of one that has just such a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Random bit of trivia, but I got the chance to play around on an UNMODIFIED Madcatz SE while I was on holiday, and it was far more horrible than I could have imagined when doing my original SE VS TE research before I bought my first stick.

Not being able to do a standing light punch with any consistency was a kind of execution frustration I had never experienced.

The thing had almost never been used by its owner, and at least 2 possibly 3 of the buttons were broken. Maybe even broken by me in the couple of hours I used it.

Moral of the story: Modify your SE or get a TE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

blag wrote: »

Buy one of these http://www.etokki.com/Xtokki%20360
    I've an XConvertor 360 Pro which i got from etokki before and it works fine with my Namco stick.
    Get an InPin convertor and it'll work on the PS3 as well.
    Its the easiest and cleanest way to do it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

That xtokki converter seems perfect PPC, great reviews on SRK etc.

• Advertisement

1x InPin and 1x Xtokki is cleaner than modding in a PS360.

But not as fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

PPC wrote: »
    Buy one of these http://www.etokki.com/Xtokki%20360
    I've an XConvertor 360 Pro which i got from etokki before and it works fine with my Namco stick.
    Get an InPin convertor and it'll work on the PS3 as well.
    Its the easiest and cleanest way to do it all.

Been thinking of picking those up for a while, but was wondering if the XConvertor 360 Pro will work with a PS2 Sega Saturn pad, as I use PS3/USB version on my PS3.

There should be no problem, the Saturn pads didn't have any funky weirdness with their PCBs afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i want to mod mine so bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dreddybajs wrote: »

I'd love to see what kind of cool things someone in the community could make from these.

Not me though, couldn't be arsed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd love to see what kind of cool things someone in the community could make from these.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/arceye-2-leds-the-ultimate-led-button-mod.125176/

I have some installed in my stick but have yet to setup the microcontroller for them.

For those in need of clear buttons and a lust for all things Sanwa, rejoice!

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/16/sanwa-releasing-clear-pushbuttons/

sanwa2-600x243.png

sanwa1-600x319.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

3 posts ago and quoted in the post above yours, dude. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    3 posts ago and quoted in the post above yours, dude. :pac:

But my post has pictures!

(But yes, my apologies, I have no idea how I missed those :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

winning!!

PPC wrote: »
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/arceye-2-leds-the-ultimate-led-button-mod.125176/

I have some installed in my stick but have yet to setup the microcontroller for them.

that looks pretty sweet,i was put off led mod that soldering had to be done (stuff like that aint my strong suit) but this looks promising, the video on installing still goes over my head a bit :o very new 2 the stick world:o

also my brother showed this and looks intresting to say the least

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm really going to get round to modding my stick this week.

I swear it this time.

also my brother showed this and looks intresting to say the least

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm
    Qanba are good sticks.

The only complaint I've heard about the Q4 is that its headphone/mic socket has too much hum/noise.
    But it works on PS3 & 360 without mods, and is full Sanwa.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Qanba are good sticks.

The only complaint I've heard about the Q4 is that its headphone/mic socket has too much hum/noise.
    But it works on PS3 & 360 without mods, and is full Sanwa.

well if that the only complaint i think thats fine,:)
    i ordred some buttons and new balltop for my sf4 round2,pelxi2:D, all from england
    so maybe when the sanwa clears come out ill buy the Q4, said they sell like hotcakes with the sanwa parts at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Homemade hitbox, aka beastbox.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/imageqfi.jpg/

Such a pro job. I just need the pcb to come in the post so i can frustrate myself trying to use this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hey, Kiki, I popped open to see what the rattling inside my stick was today (just a loose screw had come out. I put it back) and now I'm curious; how the hell do I take out my stick without knocking out/damaging the PS360? Or is there a way to just maneuver it out and around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

What better use for an Xbox with a red ring!!

This is my first endeavor in to modding and I just finished this yesterday it's a jlf-tp-8yt stick and seimitsu buttons with the power, controller sync and eject buttons as start select and ps button and the board ripped out of a fight stick 3 i also used the metal plate to reinforce the shell but made a new hole for the stick as it's too close to the buttons as standard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That looks awesome dude. Good work.

Advertisement