Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a tempory postal address

Options
  • 29-10-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I dont know where to post this but anyways.. Is it possible to somehow have a tempory postal address setup? I am living with inmates and to be honest I think their nosy and have been poking through my mail and I am not impressed! Is there a way I can have a pigeon hole setup in the post office or some other institution where I can safely have my mail delivered...
    Can I setup a private Po Box number somewhere? It will save me the agro of moving out etc at least for the moment until I have a more secure place to live at where people won't intercept my mail!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact An Post and get a PO Box setup. Not that hard really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'd have to get all your mail addressed to the PO Box for that to work. An Post also offer a holding service, that you pay for, and they hold on to your mail, which you can then collect at will. That might do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

mondeo wrote: »
    I am living with inmates and to be honest I think their nosy and have been poking through my mail and I am not impressed!

Thanks

Yeah your trouble is most of them are probably in for burglary and can't be trusted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jor el wrote: »
    An Post also offer a holding service, that you pay for, and they hold on to your mail, which you can then collect at will. That might do it.

Ye, seems like a good idea, just lookin at the site, its called mail minder and can be held up to 12 weeks.

Linkage
    How does it work?

MailMinder suspends delivery of mail to your home or business while you’re away, for up to 12 weeks. Simply download an application form, send it, with the fee, by post to MailMinder, An Post, GPO, Freepost, Dublin 1.

Advertisement