Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who advocate war

Options
  • 30-10-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I read in the forums and alot of people seem to be real war mongers, they support he wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you believe these wars to be so just, why don't you go and fight yourself?

Anyone who advocates war should be willing to put themselves into the frontlines otherwise they are just what Jesse Ventura calls chickenhawks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

To just illustrate what I'm talking about here I'll show you a video called Generation Chickenhawk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs

This is real funny stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Are you drunk ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Are you drunk ?
    No I haven't been drinking. What is your opinion on chickenhawks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you'd like to start a coherent thread along the lines that only people who are willing to fight or have been in fight-land (or whatever) themselves should be allowed to advocate war, please do so.

But what's above is at best either incoherent with little point or ad hominem with little point. If it's meant as the start of a serious/worthwhile discussion, please frame it as such.

Just FYI, the term "chickenhawk" has been used in that context for the past 40 years but that's by the by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement