Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is this creature..... warning- not cute!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Naked mole rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

well done you! Very quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ok no image is coming up for me...

also do you wish to get this as a pet?/want advice or is it random 'guess the pet' ?

its probably a good thing you can't see it! Its a very unappealing pet. I definately do not want one! I don't know why you can't see the pic...Ill try and put a new link in. Its just a guess the animal random thing.

Im actually hoping to get a new pet- maybe african striped mice, if I can find a breeder that handles them as I believe they are extremely fast and not as easy to tame as regular mice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmm maybe pm FAYSEY as they have quite a lot of random pets, they might know someone who would know where you could get such mice

• Advertisement

great, thanks star pants! I put a link in my first post so you should be able to see the little beauty now :)

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I have stripped grass mice - soooooo cute - fast but very handleable. I am having no luck with breeding yet - may change their diet to see if that works. Not sure of good breeders here as I got mine in the uk.

Cool :) Is it fast like when regular mice are young? Ive kept lots of mice and rats and was thinking of getting something a little different, but still a rodent. Have you ever kept pygmy hedgehogs? Did I read before on the raccoon thread, that you have coaties? Im going to see two tomorrow to take some photos. beautiful creatures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

It looks like a shaved rat to me

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

haha, it's like a giant pinkie for python lovers! :)
    less to digest is best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

haha, it's like a giant pinkie for python lovers! :)
    less to digest is best

I thought it was a homeless tortoise. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

are these mice your looking for also called zebra mice?if so there was (is?) someone on reptile community selling babies!€5 each if i remember right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Ah it is cute! You are all evil, Its like a cross between Dr Zoigberg and a mouse with alapaecia.(SP?) Still cute though. Wierdest looking creature on the planet is an ayeaye. Check this yoke out!!
    picture.php?albumid=284&pictureid=4160

cos!! wrote: »
    are these mice your looking for also called zebra mice?if so there was (is?) someone on reptile community selling babies!€5 each if i remember right

Hi Cos, thanks for that :) Yep I think they are called zebra mice. Do you know how I can get contact details for the reptile community?

Ah it is cute! You are all evil, Its like a cross between Dr Zoigberg and a mouse with alapaecia.(SP?) Still cute though. Wierdest looking creature on the planet is an ayeaye. Check this yoke out!!

What a mad looking creature!!! Looks like a little alien with ET fingers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I do have 2 coatis & many other creatures - I adore AyeAyes & would love one or 4!

Yes stripped mice are also called zebra mice. I find them no harder to keep than ordinary mice - thankfully they smell much nicer! They do not bite either! I love Medinteranian reed voles too - they are one of my favourite rodents! I also love duprasi very cute!

FAYESY wrote: »
    I do have 2 coatis & many other creatures - I adore AyeAyes & would love one or 4!

Yes stripped mice are also called zebra mice. I find them no harder to keep than ordinary mice - thankfully they smell much nicer! They do not bite either! I love Medinteranian reed voles too - they are one of my favourite rodents! I also love duprasi very cute!

Thanks for that :) Ive never seen reed voles, or dupras- Ive never actually heard of these! Tell me more, Im very curious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

they could be gone by now?but probably will breed again, its another irish forum www.reptile-community.com if you make an account you could get in contact that way?they where in the classifieds section :)

Cool. Ill check that out. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Kinsealy Petstore had zebra mice in recently, give them a call and see if they still have some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement