Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #17 :: 12th to 18th October, 2009

• 30-10-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Dandeloin-Drops-II.jpg

By: Valentia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

It's a great and deserving shot Danny.

But who decided the Mods were the arbiters of the good and great around here?

I thought their function was somewhat more pedantic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Knew that it was a winner the minute I saw it. Absolutely gorgeous and detailed shot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Covey wrote: »

Just bean counters in this instance Covey. They add up the thanks on each post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah Covey you need to stop being so cynical, thats my job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Covey wrote: »

:D What humber said. Essentially. The great unwashed interweb citizenry who are on the boards electoral roll of a userbase. That's who ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

humberklog wrote: »
    Just bean counters in this instance Covey. They add up the thanks on each post.

Ah beancounters, ta, HK.

Sorry, Danny, comment doesn't relate to your fantastic shot. Well done. T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Danny - this is mighty and a very deserving winner. Well done.

For everyone - The click through on the image will show some context from where it came if you didn't catch it the first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I didn't originally vote for this as I missed it. Mighty fine photo. I'm well impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Well done Danny on SOTW. It's very well deserved. Another DOB classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Thanks everyone and those who "voted". I'm taking so few photos these days I feel a bit of a fraud.

The datails of the shot are on my blog here.

Just to add to what is there. I wasn't going to bring the camera at all as I need exercise more than I need to take photos but brought the camera and just the 100mm macro anyway.

I noticed one morning a couple of years ago, when I got the macro first, that after a fog the foliage , plants and grass are covered in millions of tiny droplets. These are often invisible to the naked eye. Well worth looking out for. There was a time when I questioned the value of 21 megapixels but as the photo shows it gives such scope for cropping it is worth having now and again.

Any more questions just ask :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement