Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Art history essay openings

Options
  • 30-10-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i was wondering if it's normal to write an generic intro of the period at the opening of every art essay?

Personally i don't see the point if the question doesnt ask for it, but would appreciate some advice from others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Well it really does depend on the question, but in most cases a bit of background isn't going to hurt. However I wouldn't advise an intro as such, as you probably wouldn't get any marks for it. Instead tie in any information about the period into the point you're making. For example if you're talking about Romanesque architecture, you could say a bit about the cultural revival and how the increase of pilgrims influenced the design of the churches lay out. Remember you won't be rewarded for waffle, make sure everything you say is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

How long do your essays be? Mine so far every week have been on average about 7 pages.
    We'll be getting one every single week for the next two years lol
    Takes ages lol

xxxxx

Advertisement