Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underrated Albums..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

tbh Satyricon in general seem to get a bit overlooked...
    I listened to them alot growing up and kinda forgot about them in recent years but i just got the newest album there.
    I think its ****in class. Definitely a lot different from the early days but still unreal.
    "The Age of Nero" 2008.

anyone else heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Ah, just listened to 'Christian Death' from their debut. Deadly!

The whole album is brilliant overall. There are also a lot of classic old school heavy metal/thrash metal riffs in there as well, and a lot of stunning guitar solos.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Anything Galder puts his hands on is going to be amazing! even the New Old mans child albums is Killer!!!:D

Arkaea - Years in the darkness.

No one seems to talk about these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I always thought "And Justice for all" was underrated.

Its always been my favourite Tallica album and would rate it above RTL and a close call with MOP..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nearly anything by Hollenthon. I started listening to them about a year ago, and very few people I know have even heard of them.

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Anything Galder puts his hands on is going to be amazing! even the New Old mans child albums is Killer!!!:D

I'm not terribly mad about the new albums except for 'Revelation 666' and 'Defiance of Existence' which are excellent. I download the new album 'Slaves of The World' and I did like at all, the only great song on it was a re-working of 'Born of The Flickering' originally from 1996.

Denny M wrote: »
    Nearly anything by Hollenthon. I started listening to them about a year ago, and very few people I know have even heard of them.

I just checked them out, if u like them youd like Samael.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I just checked them out, if u like them youd like Samael.

Cool, I'll give them a listen so!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

I'm not terribly mad about the new albums except for 'Revelation 666' and 'Defiance of Existence' which are excellent. I download the new album 'Slaves of The World' and I did like at all, the only great song on it was a re-working of 'Born of The Flickering' originally from 1996.

Took me a while to get into it, but love it now, I guess he has went more for the aggressive sound than the old familar Old Mans sound! However I know he wont touch the first 2 albums, but he still knows how to write some serious riffs and melodies:D

• Advertisement

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Took me a while to get into it, but love it now, I guess he has went more for the aggressive sound than the old familar Old Mans sound! However I know he wont touch the first 2 albums, but he still knows how to write some serious riffs and melodies

Thats a real shame because 'Born of The Flickering and 'The Pagan Prosperity' are the two albums that got me into Old Man's Child in the first place. You should also check out 'Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion' as well, it awesome considering its only roughly 38 minutes.
    AlcoholicA wrote: »
    tbh Satyricon in general seem to get a bit overlooked...
    I listened to them alot growing up and kinda forgot about them in recent years but i just got the newest album there.
    I think its ****in class. Definitely a lot different from the early days but still unreal.
    "The Age of Nero" 2008.

anyone else heard this?

I downloaded it very recently to see what it was like, and I did'nt like/love it at all. I found the guitars very boring and the song structures lacking and unimaginative as well, but each to their own. I love the first three albums, 'Dark Medieval Times, The Shadowthrone and Nemisis Davina'. They are truly class black metal albums. I also though that Volcano from 2003 was actually very very good indeed, but I don't like any of the much newer albums.

Advertisement