Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Eirebhoy

Options
  • 30-10-2009 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, its my understanding that Gearoid Walsh, aka eirebhoy posted in the poker forum. It was sadly announced earlier today that he has passed away in Australia after the attack which left him on life support.

There is a thread in the soccer forum already on this with details

here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724617

Also we are trying to organise a charity soccer tournament for his memory with the goal of raising money for his family to help with the cost of getting him back home etc, and anybody interested in helping organise or playing can get in touch with myself or Neill3030 for more info.

there is a thread started for it also here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724957

Edit: if a mod could sticky this for a couple of days that would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, it's been discussed in the bbv a good bit earlier. Very sad. I'll happily sticky this for a few days.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'll throw out the idea of a private tournament on Boyles or something and then the winners ship on the money to the relevant people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'll throw out the idea of a private tournament on Boyles or something and then the winners ship on the money to the relevant people.

Thanks that would be great, pm me if you get something going or need any information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 klaster

Hi,

I didn't know the lad but I'd like to give some money to help the family get him home or whatever. Travelled myself a bit and this is the worst nightmare for the mother and family and friends. Its important the mother can her son home as soon as possible. Can someone set up a mycharity.ie site or something? If not can someone let me know how I can contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

klaster wrote: »
    Hi,

I didn't know the lad but I'd like to give some money to help the family get him home or whatever. Travelled myself a bit and this is the worst nightmare for the mother and family and friends. Its important the mother can her son home as soon as possible. Can someone set up a mycharity.ie site or something? If not can someone let me know how I can contribute.

Be in touch with details as soon as something is set up, thanks mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Very sad interview with the parents on Aussie TV today. Mother kept it together. Said they dont want the guy to go to prison.

RIP mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Heard it on the news this morning.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

This is very very sad.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Very sad news indeed.

RIP in peace Eirebhoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Juet read the sad news now. RIP to the young chap. What a horribly unlucky way to die. It reads as an accident though. His mother seems to realise that. How fickle our mortality is.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Tragic for all concerned. It did clarify my thinking though about a few silly tiffs i had with good mates. Lifes too short for grudges and huffing. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

R.I.P Truely tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

R.I.P
    ill be interrested in this tour on boyles or where ever.

Advertisement