Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting pants

Options
  • 30-10-2009 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hello guys anyone know where i can get a good pair of shooting pants dont have to be waterproof just tough enough for serious rough shooting . have gone through numerous pairs getting ripped in briars just wanted a tough pair of pants at a decent price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

A long way to go, I know, but I got a couple of pairs of these in a Bass Pro in Nevada a few years ago:
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_80840_475001002_475000000_475001000_475-1-2

They're tough denim with Cordura down the front and around the lower leg.

I don't do any rough shooting, but I've done a lot of off-road 4x4 stuff in the same sort of terrain (bogs, briers, furze bushes, wire fences, climbing rocks, etc) and they've held up magnificently.

I don't know of anyone doing something similar this side of the Atlantic, unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

hello guys anyone know where i can get a good pair of shooting pants dont have to be waterproof just tough enough for serious rough shooting . have gone through numerous pairs getting ripped in briars just wanted a tough pair of pants at a decent price

Get yourself a pair of wax leggings, every pair of pants is going to get ripped with thorns, briars and barbed wire I find wax leggings are best for hunting in rough cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

seeland beaters are the job. look them up on the interent. a bit pricey but well worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

if your looking for seeland beaters check ebay , avg cost 70 sterling much cheaper then the on line store .
    Darr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Alchemist2

Have to agree with deeksof... 30 euro well spent.... you will pay big money for brand name trousers and theres every chance they will rip ...might as well tear a cheap pair of wax leggins as a pair of seeland or other brand trousers

• Advertisement

Alchemist2 wrote: »
    Have to agree with deeksof... 30 euro well spent.... you will pay big money for brand name trousers and theres every chance they will rip ...might as well tear a cheap pair of wax leggins as a pair of seeland or other brand trousers

Yeah those expensive trousers are a waste of money, imagine paying a couple of hundred squid for a pair of trousers and then going out and ripping the balls out of them on a piece of ould barbed wire, I think i'ld be sick.

I had a pair of wax leggings and they lasted me four years and they went through hell and back, and at least when you catch them on something the studs will bust open and save the trousers from ripping.

This year I decided I'ld upgrade and go for a pair of harikala rip stop leggings but I think I'll go back to the wax leggings, the rip stop leggings are too plasticy, noisy and I sweat like **** when wearing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Quite like the german army pants, they last quite long even if bought second hand. Get wet but also dry quick. On e-gun second hand for 9.50Euro.
    I bought a pair of those codura pants Rovi mentioned in the states earlier this year, they are good but heavy.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Cant beat the ex Bundeswehr moleskin pants for comfort and toughness.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Cant beat the ex Bundeswehr moleskin pants for comfort and toughness.

They're a great pair of trousers right enough the only problem I found with them is that when they get faded, when you go out at night in moonlight they look almost white.

Of all the camo trousers the British DPM are the best for value, comfort, durability. The Irish DPM is pretty good too if you can get your hands on a pair of them.

This year I invested in a pair of Moleskin trousers from John Norris they're pretty good for £30 only problem is the sizes are small fitting, so you need to get the next size up or maybe I need to loose a bit of weight :eek:

Advertisement