Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year visa ??

Options
  • 30-10-2009 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just wanted to get peoples opinions on this im on my first yr visa, which expires in December :eek:, ive done about half the fruit picking time, and have no intention of doing the rest (half was tough enough!).

My plan was to just apply for the 2nd yr visa and hope for the best, one of the farms I worked on the farmer never put in a finish date for me but filled in all the other info, so could just fill it in myself. The other option is paying a farmer to get signed off. Both options are risky, I was orginally confident enough to just apply with what i have, but some of my friends have paid farmers and got their 2nd yr no hassle.

I'm not trying to condone illigal activity or anything, but we all know someone who got their visa this way, any thoughts on what might be the best course of action?

I had thought I could just apply and if they looked for more info then look into getting a farmer to sign me off, but i havent really looked at the application so not sure if its too late at that stage?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Doop wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just wanted to get peoples opinions on this im on my first yr visa, which expires in December :eek:, ive done about half the fruit picking time, and have no intention of doing the rest (half was tough enough!).

My plan was to just apply for the 2nd yr visa and hope for the best, one of the farms I worked on the farmer never put in a finish date for me but filled in all the other info, so could just fill it in myself. The other option is paying a farmer to get signed off. Both options are risky, I was orginally confident enough to just apply with what i have, but some of my friends have paid farmers and got their 2nd yr no hassle.

I'm not trying to condone illigal activity or anything, but we all know someone who got their visa this way, any thoughts on what might be the best course of action?

I had thought I could just apply and if they looked for more info then look into getting a farmer to sign me off, but i havent really looked at the application so not sure if its too late at that stage?

Cheers :)

Thats sh1ts illegal. Do the work or go home.
    End of!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I personally think you should work the 6 months if I were you. I know it would be hard but if you pay your dues then you have noting to worry about. I know it can be tough work but a clear conscious is worth it. Talk to the farmer you last worked for and see if he will take you on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

just apply for it. even if u did the full time working in the outback and applied, theres the possibility they wont even ask you to prove it.

apply, and if they ask u to prove it, then just change the finish date to suit. else you'll be turrfed outta the country and be stuck at home. take the risk and if it pays off you'll have another year sunning yourself.

sure like you said, you've at least done some of the slave work, thats more than a lot of other ppl we both know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aiecquest

Another option, for those also interested in some personal development, no age limit, is study career training or business vocational (VET) courses under AQF on CRICOS, e.g. multimedia, IT, marketing etc. with intensive time tables e.g. 15-20 contact hours M-Th a.m., pm or evenings. For example possible in Sydney from AUD2500 per half year, student visa gives part time work rights during term, full time during vacation, and you can apply for visa onshore and online if Irish. All courses articulate further into full VET awards, and onto degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

i dont know anyone who was asked to prove it - including myself or girlfriend...and to be honest I have never met one Irish person who actually did the 3 months...most other europeans seem to do the 3 months but something about the irish - not one person I met had done it (but did successfully apply and get there second year)

not that i'd condone that sort of thing ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement