Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz Teaching Qualifications recognised in Ireland?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 5:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done but my search isnt working.

my girlfriend was looking at going home to do her teaching this year but due to the state of the Irish ecenomy thats been put on hold.

she is now thinking of doing her teaching qualifications here in Australia but is trying to find out if her teaching will be recognised when she eventually returns to Ireland, we realise she will have an Irish test to do and thats fine it would be the same if she done her teaching in the UK.

She has all the other qualifications, degree and Irish done its just the teaching part left to finish.

If anyone has any advice , experiences or knowledge on this or even or documentation links it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I think she should be ok but I don’t know for sure. The major problem for most people with degrees in teaching from outside of Ireland is the Irish. Even then I think they can work for 5-7 years before having to take the test. It is primary school teaching she’s looking at isn’t it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

cheers mate, it is primary teaching.

Finding it hard to get an answer on this from people in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 delsa

Hi,

I see you posted this question back in 2009. I now have the same question. I want to do my teaching qualification here in Oz but I am worried it will not qualify back home. Did your girlfriend ever take the course or did she go back home? Or does anybody know anything about doing your teaching qualification in Australia and then getting it recognised in Ireland.

Cheers.

Advertisement