Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eirebhoy Memorial - suggestions thread (please read OP)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Heres at excellent one from him in the rec/gambling forum over 3 years ago.
    He found a decent offer from online bookmaker Mansion which basically gave people who signed up a no risk 50/50 shot at winning €700. 50% of the time you won €700, the other 50% of the time you lost nothing.
    As good an intro offer as any bookie has given.
    People were dubious and demanded from the OP what the catch was, but he turned out to correct.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054982655

A better idea would be probably to remove a good few of his posts. I'm sure he didn't particularly want some of his posts known to all. It'd be a good idea to block some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi Folks,

One idea was to set up a fund so we, as a community, can do something fitting for Gearóid. Be

A lot of you have PMd me asking how to contribute or make donations.

There are two ways to do this

1. Pay direct to Bank Account by Bank Transfer or Online Transfer

I have a Bank Account which I use to collect payment from the Boardeaux lads, which is not in use at the moment.

Here are the details

Account Name : Des Feeney / Boardeaux
    Account Number : 46761278
    Sort Code : 90-04-71

If you want to, leave a name, if you'd rather remain anonymous, then please do.

2. Via Paypal

The email address to use for Paypal Donations/Contributions is

eirebhoymemorialfund@gmail.com

1) Log in to you PayPal account

2) Click "Send Money" in the header

3) Enter the e-mail address, the amount you are sending and click "Continue"

4) Confirm your payment

Thanks to everyone in advance

Des

I'll publish a tally of contributions at regular intervals, but no names will be published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Details added to OP in case the above post gets lost later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭musky

I'd like to suggest:

a minutes applause before the wc playoff in croke park
    and
    armbands worn by the players

fitting tribute for him imo

I dont have any fai contacts so how would this be arranged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    I didn't know Gearoid personally, but i was a huge fan of his posts in the soccer forum.

I wrote a e-mail to Celtic FC asking for a minutes silence before their game with Kilmarnock on Saturday? I gave them a link to rte.ie with the story.

I hope this is ok with Gearoid's family and friends, i feel since he was such a nice person and so passionate about soccer he deserves to be remembered properly.

I rang the club asking about having a one minute silence for Gearoid and i was told i have to contact the SPL to organize it. Anyone have any idea on how to do this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Try the Press Office maybe? Tel: 0141 620 4140

Try the Press Office maybe? Tel: 0141 620 4140
    I tried that number and it just rang out. They must be on a lunch break. I will try again later. If anyone else wants to try ringing them in the meantime feel free to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lads on seeing Eirebhoys mothers press conference, why not instead of a donation to charity, get her something...she seems like an amazing woman.depending on the monies taken in, we could get her something nice...maybe voucher for a spa break or something like that. just a thought, more personal than a donation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Mr Alan wrote: »
    lads on seeing Eirebhoys mothers press conference, why not instead of a donation to charity, get her something...she seems like an amazing woman.depending on the monies taken in, we could get her something nice...maybe voucher for a spa break or something like that. just a thought, more personal than a donation.

That is a lovely idea Al

Hopefully if enough money is raised we can do both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Have seen this done at the Stadium of Light, the girlfriend and her family got one each put on last christmas,

Just googled and it looks like it's possible

http://bricks.celticfc.net/index.aspx

It's a brick in a place around the stadium, not sure if eirebhoy had one already, but one from the forum might be a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

a mins applause/silence at croker would be a nice gesture, with his pics being screened on the screen in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

A brick at the new Lansdowne rd might be just as appropriate.

Edit

Celtic fc have confirmed they will screen a picture of Eirebhoy and a condolences on the big screen before this weekends match.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For what its worth Boards soccer forum will be set to black for the Celtic match and the rest of the day. Eirebhoy had been here since 2003 and he will be missed sorely.

Over €500 contributed so far.

thanks to everyone, amazing response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

McCourt to McGeady.....

that was for Eirebhoy. Rest in Peace. Greatly missed, even on this bulletin boards you'll be sadly missed.

Hail the Celts! I hope they go on and win the league this year now

• Advertisement

Did Gearoid's picture go up in Celtic Park before the game? I didn't get a chance to see.

Celtic replied to my e-mail with:
    Dear Paraic

Thank you for your communication. As you can imagine, we receive many many requests to honour people through a minute's silence and due to the volume of requests this is not something which we are simply not able to do.

Howeever, clearly, the thoughts of everyone at the Club are with the family of Gearoid and as such, we will today, before the match place his picture on our big screens at Celtic Park, with a message of condolence and support, something which we feel will be a fitting tribute.

I hope this assists in some way.

Kind Regards

Iain Jamieson
    Communications Manager

It did indeed -
    PauloMN wrote: »
    100_0947-1.jpg

Photo taken from KDS - nice touch by the club today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

also known as Only1McGeady off the huddleboard, a true Celtic fan who's life has been taken too soon.

You'll Never Walk Alone Gearóid. HAIL HAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Donations and mins silence all great ideas .

if ye want one more idea , we (the soccer forum ) could change all our personal avatars for the weekend games ,
    I have had a look at them and the the most suitable one seems to be the one , I am using " The Black Rose " ,
    If the powers that be can add something better ie Black Arm Band etc better still.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Donations and mins silence all great ideas .

if ye want one more idea , we (the soccer forum ) could change all our personal avatars for the weekend games ,
    I have had a look at them and the the most suitable one seems to be the one , I am using " The Black Rose " ,
    If the powers that be can add something better ie Black Arm Band etc better still.
    I actually thought something similar, but instead we change our sigs to RIP Eirebhoy with maybe a celtic flag?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Just a quick update.

There is now €750 in the paypal/bank account for this, so thanks to everyone.

It's still open for donations/contributions, so it's not too late, the latest one went in today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des,I am not sure how I missed this.Send me on the paypal info and I will send off a few bob.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dub13 wrote: »
    Des,I am not sure how I missed this.Send me on the paypal info and I will send off a few bob.

from first post:
    2. Via Paypal

The email address to use for Paypal Donations/Contributions is

eirebhoymemorialfund@gmail.com

1) Log in to you PayPal account

2) Click "Send Money" in the header

3) Enter the e-mail address, the amount you are sending and click "Continue"

4) Confirm your payment

Thanks to everyone in advance

Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Des wrote: »
    Just a quick update.

There is now €750 in the paypal/bank account for this, so thanks to everyone.

It's still open for donations/contributions, so it's not too late, the latest one went in today.

Is that going to combined with the money raised form the tournament ?

Tusky wrote: »
    Is that going to combined with the money raised form the tournament ?

The honest answer at this point in time, is I don't know, sorry.

I think what was agreed was that the tournament would be separate, if people wanted to contribute something, but couldn't play in the tournie, then ideally they'd contribute to this fund.

I think.

Got a PM today, which I thought I'd post here
    Hi Des

I am Gearoid (Eirebhoy) sister Mairead.

I am reading the posts on Boards.ie and it is so nice to read. Gearoid was obviously really liked on this site which is great to know. He spent more than half his day on the internet and now we know what he was doing! He really did have a passion for football Ireland & Celtic are you all know. My mam had to read a book or head out when there was a match on because Gearoid would be running from the tv down stairs up to the net & back & forth. My mam and the rest of the family also had a look at some of the posts and it really does lift the sprirts. Thanks again from all the Walsh family.

Take Care
    Mairead

Saw the thread about this

http://www.avivastadium-footballwalk.ie/

Could use some of that money collected for eirebhoy to get one with his name on it.

This one maybe, with

Gearóid "Eirebhoy" Walsh
    R.I.P
    Boards.ie

What would people think to that?

Superb idea. Massive thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yep, inspired idea Des!

particularly considering your hatred for all things FAI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I think that is a nice idea Des

A permanent marker for him and somewhere he would surely have gone regularly if he were still alive

• Advertisement
Advertisement