Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankroll management program

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

I had an idea a while back.

What i think would be great for the online player would be an inbuilt bankroll management program/system within the poker client.

It would work as simple as this.

You can only play a game you are rolled for, lets say 20 buy ins and when you have enough buyins to move up, the next level would be unlocked. If you downswing the upper levels become restricted again.

No shots no spins, the game could be treated like an arcade game.

How do you think this kind of system would suit the clients (in terms of profits/rake)?
    Would they be interested?
    What would it do for the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

most people don't keep their whole rolls on a site to start with. anyway i think the majority of online players are recreational players that just jump into whatever game they feel like. i don't think many people would be interested. and i wouldn't be either. if people are degens it's another edge i have, i don't want to give that up.

i guess some sites would be interested if it was a way to make people go broke slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Sorry but this is a bad idea. Id estimate 60%+ of people dont know what BR manamement is and i dont want them to know either. For all the guys who come home in the evening and logde $100 / 50 dollars and normally end up losing the money after a while they would have to play .02c/.05c cash games. I want them to jump straight into a 50NL / 100NL game and if they double up go to a 200NL game with all their money so they can lose it to me.

If this system was implemented on a site then only decent players would make it to 100NL and above unless they were willing to lodge 2k+ which is unlikely.
    The games would be crap and nobody would play there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I think this is a tremendous idea and you should lobby the Minister for Justice to implement your proposals in live cardrooms ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

blainj2 wrote: »
    Sorry but this is a bad idea. Id estimate 60%+ of people dont know what BR manamement is and i dont want them to know either. For all the guys who come home in the evening and logde $100 / 50 dollars and normally end up losing the money after a while they would have to play .02c/.05c cash games. I want them to jump straight into a 50NL / 100NL game and if they double up go to a 200NL game with all their money so they can lose it to me.

If this system was implemented on a site then only decent players would make it to 100NL and above unless they were willing to lodge 2k+ which is unlikely.

What thenutpeddler is on about is a programme to help people that are interested in having/learning BR management. Only people really interested will choose to use the programme and not the so called degens like myself that you feed off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

blainj2 wrote: »

It would be optional of course. You could sign up to the br program for an amount of time, within that time you become restricted by BR rules, the recreational monkies can do what they've always done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

It would be optional of course. You could sign up to the br program for an amount of time, within that time you become restricted by BR rules, the recreational monkies can do what they've always done.

LOL, agh right. Would be an idea then so but i dont like the sound of this reforming degenerates. A better idea would be the reverse where you had to play with all of your money all of the time, so once you get above 100bb for that level you have to buy into the next one. That would be more craic then boot camp for degens. Let them at it i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

It would just spoon feed people to having perfect bankroll managenent, why shouldnt they have to learn the hard way and have a bit of will power to stick to the guide lines they can find in 10 seconds. Imo this would another step towards robotic-like play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

surely anyone that was slightly interested would just play on stars, where one can set limits on the tables they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

I think this is a reasonable idea folks. I think it will only be used by the serious online players who want to play full time and not for recreation.

I know one of the reasons I lose online is through bad BR management (and being ****) and I would be interested in a programme like this. However I reckon I would get bored very quickly and maybe I would just switch sites if i get tired of the restrictions.

Good idea though. If 60% plus of online players are recreational then its only the other 40% would ever consider using this plus a small % of the other 60% recreational player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

i think its a great idea and i would take up on it .

as someone who tilts awful it would save me alot of dough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

you could set up a nice program for this but I would only use it as a guide and would not be interested if it locked to your account to certain levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Pxf already have a bankroll manager section set up which can be used as a guideline by anyone who wants it.

Advertisement