Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratoath Road Area Residents - your help is needed

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:32am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Ratoath Road Area Residents

On the 2nd November 52 Dublin City Councillors will vote for the a new overbridge at Reilly’s Bridge Ratoath Road.

YOUR SUPPORT IS VITAL

Please phone, email and text your support.

The Councillors’ details on www.dublincity.ie/YOUR COUNCIL/COUNCILLORS

The moment between 8am and 9am, the road is only open for road traffic for 23 minutes and is before the new EXTRA proposed trains come online.

THIS IS IMPORTANT – PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUPPORT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've not a resident of the area but it's on my commute occasionally, an over bridge is really badly needed there indeed. But is there space to put one in ? On the Cabra side there is but I don't think there is on the Finglas side due to the industrial premises (is that abandoned?) and the tyre place. Even if they were subjected to a CPO would there be room to put a bridge in ?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea but I'd wonder about the logistics.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Irishbird

Thank You for the mail.I will be supporting the proposed variation to build the flyover.

Kind Regards

Mary

Cllr Mary O'Shea

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jip wrote: »
    I've not a resident of the area but it's on my commute occasionally, an over bridge is really badly needed there indeed. But is there space to put one in ? On the Cabra side there is but I don't think there is on the Finglas side due to the industrial premises (is that abandoned?) and the tyre place. Even if they were subjected to a CPO would there be room to put a bridge in ?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea but I'd wonder about the logistics.

There is green space between the factories http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=sww6jxgg6ymc&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=29502704&encType=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there a proposal as to where this bridge will be? Isn't there a cottage on the left hand side (coming from Cabra) of the level crossing, is that inhabited? Or would it be to the right? Where the ped bridge over the river is at the moment?

No, it would be beyond the pedestrian bridge by a fair bit. the appraoch road to the new bridge would be between the existing road and the Ratoath Estate. its is the residents of Ratoath Estate that have been objecting to the new bridge (even though the bridge was planned before the estate).

Documents here: http://www.dublincity.ie/Planning/DublinCityDevelopmentPlan/VariationstotheDevelopmentPlan/Pages/Variation40.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So the green area at the back of the houses in Rathoath Estate would be dug up to make way for the road. Don't see why they're complaining! I'd say it's a nightmare trying to get out of that estate in the mornings!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'm in Fingal by a half mile, but I really hope that goes through, should have been done years ago. They should have done the same at Rathborne too considering they had som much land to work with. Its madness there every morning & evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

How did the meeting go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Would this thread not be better in the Commuting & Transport forum?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

any update on this meeting?
    only seen this thread now, god damn it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i heard today that this motion was passed and the bridge is to be built.
    can anybody else confirm?

The motion was passed.

I understand Irish Rail will be building it - whether as a standalone project or as part of wider wirks on the Maynooth line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

The most annoying thing for me right now is the fact that that 120 bus stop distance of about 1km from Rathoath Road into Royal Canal Park, with the exception of some decent bus drivers who are in touch with reality and will actually stop for you near where the bus stop should be!

Anyone else seriously p'd off with this crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Two questions..

Is there funding ?

And when will it be definitely built?

Jay D wrote: »
    The most annoying thing for me right now is the fact that that 120 bus stop distance of about 1km from Rathoath Road into Royal Canal Park, with the exception of some decent bus drivers who are in touch with reality and will actually stop for you near where the bus stop should be!
    Do you mean that drivers a stopping at places that aren't marked bus stops?
    gurramok wrote: »
    Is there funding ?
    In theory. Its part of the Maynooth line electrification.
    And when will it be definitely built?
    No guarantees, but it is looking hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Victor wrote: »
    Do you mean that drivers a stopping at places that aren't marked bus stops?

So annoying, so very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drouse

An Bord Pleanala has issued its decision (dated 27 July 2011) and has, subject to a number of standard conditions, approved the proposal for an overbridge at Reilly's Bridge/Ratoath Road, as set out in the Environmental Impact Study.

The validity of the decision is open to application for judicial review for an 8 week period from the date of the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is it going ahead then.

Advertisement