Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Well now that it has finally arrived what is the general consensus?
    Although it gets stronger with each listen the album is not the smack in the face that Mutter or Reise Reise were on first listens, but on saying that, it still hasn’t left my playlist all week.

Buckstabu is the song of the album for me, with the orchestral brass it’s like a freaky Bond Song. Heavy as ****. My 19 mth old loves it also, dancing all over the kitchen (I have to stop myself singing along to Pussy when he is around as he is starting to repeat stuff)

Other highlights for me are Ich Tu Dir Weh, Haifisch and Fuhre Mich

Pussy is a catchy tune but will probably get bored with it quick and like Amerika I would prefer they kept to the German language.

On first listen to Roter Sand I thought the Scorpions type whistling was a bit much but it has grown on me.

It entered the Irish Charts at No 25; I don’t know if that actually means that there were about 100 copies bought by today’s charts standards but it may be a factor that will get them to play here at some stage.

I am already anticipating seeing them in Birmingham next Feb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Finally arrived here?

It is out a few weeks now here.

It is a very good album though, one that, for me, has shades of Mutter in it. But does not have the immediate impact of Mutter.

Pussy is probably the weakest track on the album, and like yourself I would have preferred if they left the english songs to one side totally.

Waimanns Heil and Buckstabu are the two stand out tracks for me, with Ich Tu Dir Weh, Rammlied, Haifisch and Fuhre Mich not far behind.

I am really looking forward to how this sounds live though, as a few of the tracks hint at being monsters when played live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Its a good album but its there second weakest. Its growing on me with every listen but i wouldn't call it a masterpiece like i would reise reise and mutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I think its quality stuff now personally, i was looking to see where theres a class run of songs and i cant leave any spaces between 1 and 10 however i think Roter Sand is a bit ****e but im gona give it more than ample time to grow on me

And the Fuhre Mich riff is suspiciously like Mein Teil (or maybe im losing it, which is always a possibility)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

It got a good review in the Observer Music Monthly today (4 out of 5 stars). Had a quick look for it on website but no luck. The writer made particular reference to "pussy" saying "its a song that appears to be dumb and sexist but which clearly doubles as a critique of German sex tourists",

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I agree with everything thats been said, its not an instant hit but it certainly gets stronger and grows on you. I also agree that its their second weakest album (Id prefer to use a better word than weakest but brain not work right now).

Tu du wir, haifisch und roter sand are currently my favourites from the album.

I thought the tracks on the second disc were very good as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think it's one of, if not their best album so far.
    It has the hard hitting impact of Mutter and the melodies of Sehnsucht/Reise, Reise.

The albums tone is put across well, especially with the consistancy of the tracks and similarities they share. Which is something Rammstein have always executed brilliantly, even down to their album artwork, which in this case is exceptionally brilliant.

The weakest tracks for me are Buckstabu and Roter Sand.
    Backstabu is by all means a Rammstein track but I don't think it fits in too well with the rest of the album, but perhaps this will change with more listening.
    Roter Sand is a typical Rammstein closing track but is definately lacking in something.
    I think my opinion on this is solidified by the fact that the band have an alternate version of it on the bonus version, and since the whistling intro appears on another bonus track...it has a chop shop feel to it and I reckon it's lacking in something...although don't ask me what.

I don't think Pussy is as bad as people are suggesting. Yes the lyrics are lacking but there is obviously some degree of pressure for English friendly tracks, and they managed to pull it of well with the German, but easily understandable phallic references in the rest of the song. And ofcourse the sex tourism basis of the song.

Favourite tracks at the moment are Ich Tu Der Weh & Fruhling in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

when was the album out might buy it when in town later

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

villains77 wrote: »
    when was the album out might buy it when in town later

It came out on the 16th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

The Office for the Examination of Media Harmful to Young People in Germany has imposed a series of restrictions on the display and sale of the new album with ich tu dir weh been banned from live performances.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/10/rammstein-album-banned-display-germany

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The Office for the Examination of Media Harmful to Young People in Germany has imposed a series of restrictions on the display and sale of the new album with ich tu dir weh been banned from live performances.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/10/rammstein-album-banned-display-germany
    Ridiculous.....god dam crazy germans!

• Advertisement

The special edition comes with six latex penises?

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Think it has some pretty great songs on it.
    Some awesome heavy riffs as well, just a pity Ich Tu Dir Weh has been banned, it's probably my favourite.

It hasn't been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

from their live show?
    maybe it's only Germany but it's still a pity :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bunny_Ears

Rammstein made an amazing album! I adore this great band, they are not afraid to do what they want to and say what they think. Someone might say that they're getting more and more commercial. Well, they're getting more and more popular, people WANT to buy their album, t-shirts, and so on.
    By the way, have you seen the special edition of the latest album? it has 6 dildos in it, each one is a symbol of the band member. That's sick! But do you know any other bands who made something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Bunny_Ears wrote: »
    Rammstein made an amazing album! I adore this great band, they are not afraid to do what they want to and say what they think. Someone might say that they're getting more and more commercial. Well, they're getting more and more popular, people WANT to buy their album, t-shirts, and so on.
    By the way, have you seen the special edition of the latest album? it has 6 dildos in it, each one is a symbol of the band member. That's sick! But do you know any other bands who made something like that?

By sick you mean excellent, right?

Bought it last week (in Germany as it happens :D). Listened t it twice so far, I like it, which is odd because I've usually found their albums are real growers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Iolar wrote: »
    How does the album compare to Reise reise or mutter?

Personally i reckon its as good as, if not better than Reise Reise. Mutter though is a different kettle of fish, it really isnt far off it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Iolar wrote: »
    How does the album compare to Reise reise or mutter?

If you put Reise, Reise, Mutter and a bit of Sehnsucht into the LHC and collided them, you'd probably get LIFAD.

Advertisement