Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Small Favour...

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:51am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone reduce this in size for me so I can add it to my sig?

41YRuq7nBhL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm only looking for the spinning top, not the text.

Merci Buckets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

what size do you want?

not a pro designer, but I dont expect payment or exchange of services for resizing and cropping an image :D

here's a few different sizes. do you want the white background removed?

sorry, spinning_top.jpg is just the original image with the text, here's one with it removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What size do avatars have to be?

spinner.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I'm assuming you want a transparant .GIF and cut down to tiny size much like our old Comeonbanus Shield used to be.

Yup. I want it as small as the Comeonbanus Shield in me sig.

This is perfect LoLth!
    Is it possible to have it without the white square?

94839.jpg
    LoLth wrote:
    I dont expect payment or exchange of services for resizing and cropping an image

Reverse psychology?

I'm just assuming Beru would like a miniature transparant spinning top to tuck neatly in the sig as opposed to a shrunk down white square containing said Spinning Top - At least thats how I'd put it in mine, anyways - Could be wrong.

Tis like you're linked to meh brane!

Sorry to be fussy, but can I have it as small as LoLth's one above, without the white square?

here ye go. removed the white and the shadow underneath it. not exactly neat and tidy but maybe ropedrink or hank will have better luck :)

Thanks for all your help lads.

Added to sig.
    My friends new single, released today. :D

• Advertisement

I posted the right size back on page 2. Did you miss that?

Hank - No offense bud but I'm using Cloud Boards Theme (Pitch Black) and there are visible white pixels all over the image hence it probably wasn't used.

Probably looks perfect on a white or bright background but it's in a bit of a state on black while it has the transparancy ;)

Oh right, I did it quickly before I went on lunch. I had a green background in Photoshop when I was masking it and it looked fine.

But if it's not showing up on different themes then it's probably no good.

Well it's done now. I could clean it up more, wouldn't take long, but no point now :D

I posted the right size back on page 2. Did you miss that?

Some sites are blocked here at work and all I get to see is a white square with a little red x in the middle.
    It can be most annoying at times.
    Unfortunately your's came out like that for me.

Thanks, anyway. :)

It's an easy mistake or error - I work on sprites and other things for Flash Animations which involve masking hundreds of images with bright pink and finding suitable transparancy levels - Sometimes no matter how hard I looked or edited, there would always be visible signs of pink or pixels no matter what I did - Let's just say I prefer working on transparant (checkered) backgrounds now rather than colour masking, for multiple reasons ;)

Ah right. I usually do print work so I'm used to larger images and using clipping paths etc.

I don't do a lot of transparency work for the Web.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Some sites are blocked here at work and all I get to see is a white square with a little red x in the middle.
    It can be most annoying at times.
    Unfortunately your's came out like that for me.

Thanks, anyway. :)

No bother. Just thought it was skipped over for a bizarro reason. But hey, you've got the Spinner now at lots of sizes.

It's all gravy. Peace Up. A-Town.

Well if you hadn't done it, and mine wasn't right, I would have fixed it.

It's pretty easy to do. I just rushed it in favour of a grilled ham cheese onion sandwich :D

Advertisement