Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale

Options
  • 30-10-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi, anyone know if its ok to park on the quay in kinsale overnite
    rozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 georgeawe

We did it a few years ago as it is a lovely spot. Unfortunately the Kinsale 7 rugby was on at the time and we had lads hammering on side of camper. It was a nuisance but there was no damage done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rozi

thanks for response, i dont think we get much disturbance this weekend , seein how its pouring rain.:D u know of any good places to park in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

No problem parking on the long quay, we stayed there twice in the past couple of months. Most weekends there's a few vans overnighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rozi

hi , thanx for info regardin kinsale, parked without problems on the quay, and had a great nite in the town,
    rozi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Heading to Kinsale for some sailing / training this weekend. Thinking of taking the camper instead of staying on the boat or in a hotel. Is it still ok to park on the Quay nearest the town? Or where should I park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I ws in Kinsale last year and making sure I go there again this year, loved the place.

The place I parked was: go along from the town centre on the L42 in the direction of Summer Cove and the road splits into a Y. Take the right fork and you will see pay and display parking spaces, at the end of these there is free parking . 5 mins walk back into town.

Hope these directions make sense. I stayed there 3 nights, no trouble, no noise just the gurgling of the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I ws in Kinsale last year and making sure I go there again this year, loved the place.

The place I parked was: go along from the town centre on the L42 in the direction of Summer Cove and the road splits into a Y. Take the right fork and you will see pay and display parking spaces, at the end of these there is free parking . 5 mins walk back into town.

Hope these directions make sense. I stayed there 3 nights, no trouble, no noise just the gurgling of the river.

when i arrived at mid night there were two motor homes parked just after the turn closer to the town so i parked there just as i was getting set up could hear a couple having argument next thing the guy kicked the wing mirror off one of the motor homes dont know who i feel more sorry for the owner or the girl for having to put up with him hope she dumps him for her own sake.

The couple legged it and i moved found where you parked couple of hundred meters down the road took a drive around looking for somewhere quiter but no luck had to come back much nicer spot in day light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I don't remember anyone walking along late in the evening when I was there, you were very unlucky.

The problem with where you first stopped is that the parking meters come into play way earlier than I get up in the morning:D.
    I prefer walking the extra couple of hundred metres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Definitely unlucky although wherever theres drink you'll have that kind of carry on. Kinsale gets its fair share of stags, hens and pub crawlers but I've always found it more peaceful than similar spots like Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Why not try The Speckled Door (it's in Safe Nights but afaik all are welcome) near the Old Head and Garretstown.
    It's quiet and safe and they serve steaks and fish to die for, and the pint is good too :D

Speckled Door and car park

• Advertisement
Advertisement