Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sd Compatability Garmin 255 and 660

Options
  • 30-10-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Just loaded the new maps, but now my stanav can't hold all Europe anymore, and the same with my fathers.

Not that its the biggest problem in the world, but I'd like to have all the maps on the unit.

The two units are a 255W and a 660, Garmins.

They can both take an SD card, but standard SD seems to be only 2Gb. THe 8Gb ones are SDHC.

Does anyone know if the Garmins 255 and 660 can take an 8Gb SDHC card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Make sure you are running the latest firmware on both units, by using the Garmin Webupdater. This should allow you to use SDHC cards. IMHO, I'd stick to a good manufacturer, like SanDisk, and use a high speed, class 6 card.

I've heard of some people having problems with an 8GB card, especially with large quantities of MP3s. The 4GB cards seems to be a more stable option.

Advertisement