Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Cow P+R

• 30-10-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Does anyone know who sets the price for parking at Red Cow P+R? I know the company is called Q Park- do they have free reign to set prices or does the the gov have a say?

I use the facility Mon-Fri every week. That's a total of €80 per month on parking. Steep enough considering park + ride facilities are supposed to encourage you to use public transport. Also I see here http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/carpark_information.asp
    that Irish Rail cap parking at €30 per month.

Does this annoy anyone else?

On the admin of the parking:

*You have to pay every single morning- there's no weekly or month ticket. This means you add about 5 mins travel time every morning.
    *You can only pay with coins (no coppers and no notes accepted) or credit card (laser not accepted).
    *Only one machines accepts credit cards

Am I the only one frustrated by all of this? Would I be wasting my time contacting Q Park or Veolia about this? The cynic in me thinks that since they already have the contract for these services that there is no incentive to provide value for money to the public. Would my comments be better directed at some Green Party TD I wonder.....

I'd like to hear some thoughts. Do others think €80 a month is too dear?

Advertisement