Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble installing a game on Win 7 ... C++ ?

• 30-10-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I was just trying to install Bioshock on Windows 7. The installation was going fine until a window popped up prompting me to install C++. I clicked to do so, but got a bunch of error messages in return. (one of which saying that there's already a programme being installed so wait 'til that's done - but it's referring to Bioshock and that is just part of its installation process).

Any idea how I can get around this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You can't really 'install' C++ as it's a programming language. It's probably something along the lines of this that it needs.

Try it again and get a screenie of what it's asking to install and the errors and post them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Blowfish wrote: »
    You can't really 'install' C++ as it's a programming language. It's probably something along the lines of this that it needs.

Try it again and get a screenie of what it's asking to install and the errors and post them here.

Installed from the link you gave me, but the same problem came up. Basically a get a load of error messages one after the other, one of which is shown in the screenshot below.

cheers

captureoz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Vista/XP/2000. Right Click->Properties->Compatibility and change it there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I hada few weird unexpected errors when installing apps and used the (XP setting) compatibility mode - that got it sorted.
    As suggested above already, it might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Blowfish wrote: »
    Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Vista/XP/2000. Right Click->Properties->Compatibility and change it there.

Extracted the setup file to a folder (ie off the .iso), changed the compatibility of that extracted file and tried to install then but still no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Cianos wrote: »
    Extracted the setup file to a folder (ie off the .iso), changed the compatibility of that extracted file and tried to install then but still no joy.
    It's quiet possible it's a corrupted download (which I'm assuming so since you mentioned it's an ISO).

Might be worth downloading again from a different source.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cianos, I'm curious to why your extracting Bioshock from an ISO, was it downloaded from a warez site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cabaal wrote: »
    Cianos, I'm curious to why your extracting Bioshock from an ISO, was it downloaded from a warez site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

Whatever happened to 'don't ask, don't tell?'

I have all my game disk's backed up to a .iso image on an external harddisk. A very nice thing to have when your dog chews up your original copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I installed bioshock from dvd on Windows 7 64bit a week or so ago. no problems, no compatability settings required.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ya take your chances ya see when you download an iso file from the net that reportedly says its a full working version.
    If this is the case with the OP, it looks like its a bad download this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Installed Bioshock few weeks ago on Windows 7 64-bit. No problem. Maybe it's a corrupted download. I bought my Bioshock from Direct2Drive and they are zipped files thou, not one ISO image.

Advertisement