Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options
  • 30-10-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just setup a new online league for FIFA10 on the PS3.

League Name: Irish FIFA10 League
    Abbreviation: FIFA
    Password: boards

Cheers,

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Il give it a go. PSN FlawedGenius;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Ill join - hopefully it actually gets going and ppl play :rolleyes:

PSN: thewools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

ill join too,but these never get finished.

psn paddyjoedplumber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

The xbox one seems to do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

DO NOT JOIN THIS LEAGUE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO PLAY EVERY GAME

ok il join...but i wont bet on it finishing.

there was one started up after the release of fifa 10 on this. some guys didnt even play one game. just joined the league and never played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

i'll join psn name is smelloflol

Doesnt look like this is ever going to kick off.... Not suprised however!! :rolleyes:

thewools wrote: »
    Doesnt look like this is ever going to kick off.... Not suprised however!! :rolleyes:

lol i wont bother joining then :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guys,
    I started the Xbox360 version of the Fifa league last year and the current organizers are going a superb job of it. If someone was serious about actually starting a PS3 league, I can give pointers.

From experience, you need to start by running a qualifying league. Get everyone to sign up on a thread here and at a sopecified date, release the password. Let everyone choose whatever team they want and run it for a month or so. Then kick out the people who didn't show interest and those who used sh1tty tactics such as constant fouling (taking out last man), quitting while losing, over celebrating, taunting and anythinge else that makes people quit these leagues.

Then run the proper league with a proper fixture list which gives everyone 2-3 games per week to finish. In tandem with this league, start a new qualifying leaue for players who will join the main league.

Guys and girls, there are plenty of PS3 Fifa players and all it takes is getting a few dedicated people to start it up and maintain it. There has to be someone that has what it takes?

Right so shall we start again?...

Has the player who originally started this disappeared as most do?

If so we'll set up another, i know straight away that flawed genius should be a committed player from playing club with him, i know at least one other lad who will commit properly, how about we get say five more, preferably regular posters on the site(lads will the fewest posts generally are the ones who disappear) and run with that.

Then we can start up another small one and get another few from that, i pointed this out on a thread before that nobody can expect the first few to finish and the majority of the players will pack it in, best you can hope for is to get 2/3 each time, hence why i didnt even join the last one made a few weeks ago, said to myself i'd get involved if i saw it kept going

So no setting up leagues for now, who wants to play?

Anyone who can only play ''at weekends'' or who generally doesnt have free time shouldnt bother posting as their games will never finish

• Advertisement

If so we'll set up another, i know straight away that flawed genius should be a committed player from playing club with him, i know at least one other lad who will commit properly, how about we get say five more, preferably regular posters on the site(lads will the fewest posts generally are the ones who disappear) and run with that.

Then we can start up another small one and get another few from that, i pointed this out on a thread before that nobody can expect the first few to finish and the majority of the players will pack it in, best you can hope for is to get 2/3 each time, hence why i didnt even join the last one made a few weeks ago, said to myself i'd get involved if i saw it kept going

Anyone who can only play ''at weekends'' or who generally doesnt have free time shouldnt bother posting as their games will never finish

im in for this if it gets going psn= smelloflol

Good man gilberto_eire... I played last year in a few of these boards leagues and tournies - none really ever got going or completed.

If your setting up a league how about you start a new thread and get a "good" group together...

Ill play anyway and can guarantee finishing out the league regardless of my results :D

Good man gilberto_eire... I played last year in a few of these boards leagues and tournies - none really ever got going or completed.

If your setting up a league how about you start a new thread and get a "good" group together...

Ill play anyway and can guarantee finishing out the league regardless of my results :D

There's a few lads still in my friends list from the club, i reckon two or three of them would be willing to play

1.Thewools
    2.Smelloflol
    3.Gilberto... im pretty sure i can get a reliable 4th

So if we can get 2/3 or 4 more we can start it up. That will still be 10+ games.

I think we should leave this thread for a while, if nobody else replies maybe close it and move it to the PS3 forum?.... not many come in here tbh?

Ye okay...

Sounds good to me...

I agree with FutureGuy and GilbertoEire. Theres no reason why we cant have as good a league as the Xbox one if we set it up properly. Itl take time to get to know the people who are commited but, we already know 4 or 5 who are. You could add "newballsplease(Deaglan to that last)" aswell.
    As FutureGuy said, run this qualifying thing and wel find out who the felas who are interested are.
    Doesnt the Xbox one have fixtures layed out?? Maybe we could do that aswell, as people know in advance when there match is and therel be none of the "I was online when he wasnt" etc:rolleyes:
    Have a clear league set out, with rules like FutureGuy suggested, fixtures, league updates and I cant see why it cant be as good as the XBOX one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

if this is going to go ahead and actually get off the ground then you can add me.
    W

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    if this is going to go ahead and actually get off the ground then you can add me.

It should, everyone who posted so far has been a regular contributor and names ring a bell

You I.D the same as here?

W
    GerCPM wrote: »
    I agree with FutureGuy and GilbertoEire. Theres no reason why we cant have as good a league as the Xbox one if we set it up properly. Itl take time to get to know the people who are commited but, we already know 4 or 5 who are. You could add "newballsplease(Deaglan to that last)" aswell.
    As FutureGuy said, run this qualifying thing and wel find out who the felas who are interested are.
    Doesnt the Xbox one have fixtures layed out?? Maybe we could do that aswell, as people know in advance when there match is and therel be none of the "I was online when he wasnt" etc:rolleyes:
    Have a clear league set out, with rules like FutureGuy suggested, fixtures, league updates and I cant see why it cant be as good as the XBOX one.

I take it your not ''Newballsplease''...? cause i'm pretty sure we played some game along the line and i don't recall that name

So that's around 6 or 7 now

Tribal_Army(Gilberto_eire)
    thewools(thewools)
    Smelloflol(chips1234)
    GerCPM(GerCPM)
    Ian-DOC(fella i know although i didnt ask him yet, but he should play)
    Newballsplease

Any interest from the other two lads that posted?

Will we just start with the 6?, its still 10 odd games and we'll know if we have six definites if everyone finishes their games

GerCPM - FlawedGenius;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

I'd be interested in playing in any FIFA leagues going on, played in a couple in 09, even (unofficially) won the last of them, so I think I'm fairly reliable. Agree with what the others said that we need a league like the XBOX one, that seems to run well and if we got a similar system I can't see why we can't get ours going too.
    PSN is StephenD08.

thewools(thewools)
    Smelloflol(chips1234)
    Flawedgenius(GerCPM)
    Ian-DOC
    Newballsplease
    StephenD08

i think 7 is more then enough anyway(8 tops), the smaller the more chance it will finish. Most important thing is to just finish one out

So what are we doing with teams?, will be a bit annoying if i see after picking say Liverpool or someone that ill be playing 7 other Madrids or Barca's, personally don't mind playing anyone but them, and if they are going to be picked i'd rather only one person had them.

Would anyone be up for random picks?, we couid make a list of the best 8 teams and pick a number, i get the last team left, id pass the list on for fairness as everyone picks a number, also means that everyone has an equal chance no matter when they pick(1st posters dont get an advantage like in a straight pick)

4.5 star teams with random numbers?

I think its good to all have different teams anyway, and letting people pick isnt fair for the lads towards the end as most good teams are gone

opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

id like to enter too if there is room,online most evenings and at the wknd too,

psn is paddyjoedplumber

thewools(thewools)
    Smelloflol(chips1234)
    Flawedgenius(GerCPM)
    Ian-DOC
    Newballsplease
    StephenD08

i think 7 is more then enough anyway(8 tops), the smaller the more chance it will finish. Most important thing is to just finish one out

So what are we doing with teams?, will be a bit annoying if i see after picking say Liverpool or someone that ill be playing 7 other Madrids or Barca's, personally don't mind playing anyone but them, and if they are going to be picked i'd rather only one person had them.

Would anyone be up for random picks?, we couid make a list of the best 8 teams and pick a number, i get the last team left, id pass the list on for fairness as everyone picks a number, also means that everyone has an equal chance no matter when they pick(1st posters dont get an advantage like in a straight pick)

4.5 star teams with random numbers?

I think its good to all have different teams anyway, and letting people pick isnt fair for the lads towards the end as most good teams are gone

opinions?

I would rather random 4.5 star teams - i hate playing Real Madrid and Barca every game these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I would rather random 4.5 star teams - i hate playing Real Madrid and Barca every game these days!!
    Seconded for this and I'm interested in adding my name aswell

Ok i say we run with what we have, any more names can go into a second league, if for instance we get another 8 and finish it, we'll split the top players and bottom players from each into the proceeding leagues

thewools(thewools)
    Smelloflol(chips1234)
    Flawedgenius(GerCPM)
    Ian-DOC
    Newballsplease
    StephenD08
    Wcarey1975
    Paddyjoedplumber

I know most of the posters here so hopefully this finishes out, i say we use the in game league system, but we can post the corresponding games and fixtures here, say maybe 4 games a week, try play a game every second day

ill invite everyone now, once everyone accepts and picks a team we can start, so hopefully everyone who posted keeps on eye on this thread

Set the league up and sent friends invites to all, at any rate the leagues BoardsIRE

I picked AC myself

Set the league up and sent friends invites to all, at any rate the leagues BoardsIRE

I picked AC myself

so we're just picking any team we want 4.5 stars and lower ?

chips1234 wrote: »
    so we're just picking any team we want 4.5 stars and lower ?

Seems that way, random picks would have suited me better, just for the fact it means we don't end up with ''Arsenal Vs Arsenal'', usually in these things, people tend to pick the best team they can, so you end up with a few of them.... no-one really commented and gave opinions, just 4.5 was grand :D

Seems that way, random picks would have suited me better, just for the fact it means we don't end up with ''Arsenal Vs Arsenal'', usually in these things, people tend to pick the best team they can, so you end up with a few of them.... no-one really commented and gave opinions, just 4.5 was grand :D

thats cool will be on later to join the league

Good man Gilberto! Thank god we cant pick 5 star teams. Would of been very unfair. So its 4.5 star teams or lower? Is this just an experiment league/qualifying or what? Is there playoffs, how many games?
    Most importantly will there be fixtures set out? I think thats the most important thing for it to be finished. Thats what the XBOX league has and it means people know when they are playing in advance so theres no excuses!

Ok Im in, Bayern Munich!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

I'll pick Arsenal if I'm allowed, if not just say and I'll pick a different team before I join.
    2 games against each player seems fair enough, and we should try to post fixtures here in advance rather than the usual one or two people playing all their games then waiting on the rest to play theirs.

Advertisement