Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

beat tribal 2-1 there got luky when his keeper kicked the ball off of me out of his hands and i scored to equalise then scored in frist half extra time and luckily held off his second half onslaught

really sorry bout that goal gilberto

I'm seriously pissed off, if i kicked it in a crowded box it would have been my own fault, but you angled Aglonlahor up just as i was kicking it, keeper had a clear line before that, if you didn't try to do it, he wouldnt have angled up and you would have been running to close off a throw to a defender as most do

If thats the way people are playing i'm going to use every little trick in the book too

And the game wouldnt rectify itself then by putting every 5 yard shot i took either onto the post or right at the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

IanDoc beat me 2-1. Playing terrible at the moment. I think I need to win my last 2 games to win the league.
    The next league will be alot better. We wont have the option of picking our teams and leaving other players with weak teams. Bayern are my favourite 4.5* team so Ive no complaints. I think we should stick with StephenD08s idea on doing a draw and PM people there number etc. Its probably 5 pages back but its a genius idea!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Played two games there:

thewools 2 : 1 SmellofLOL

Good game, think i just edged it chances wise but could have went either way...

thewools 4 : 3 Ian-DOC

A cracker of a game, a smashing goal from Diego won it for me but a draw really would have been fair here. I was 2-1 up at half time then Ian brought on Tevez and Ireland (*spits*) and he scored two within seconds. I then got my two almost instantly. Man City had tones of chances for the rest of the game - I went all out defense to get a few more bodies behind the ball. Worked for once :cool:

http://boardsire.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?league=8816787

Posted this last night but most might have missed it, check it and let me know what scores i didn't get, there are games missing in comparison to the FIFA system. I might have missed a few from Sat/Sun as only 10 stay in view.

Also Flawed maybe you should slow down for a day or two, your nearly finished your games, no point having 19 played when some are still around the 10 mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Send those other lads a PM and see do they all reply, ya should try put a team limit on, obv' your choice, but i find from playing online the most annoying players are the ones who'll try take the best team or closest to it(Barca, Madrid, Chelsea)

Hopefully ye can get it going, would be nice to get two leagues going, there's still another week or so in ours so ye'r not pushed for time

Sent. Will wait and see if i hear back.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Posted this last night but most might have missed it, check it and let me know what scores i didn't get, there are games missing in comparison to the FIFA system. I might have missed a few from Sat/Sun as only 10 stay in view.

Also Flawed maybe you should slow down for a day or two, your nearly finished your games, no point having 19 played when some are still around the 10 mark

think u missed me(deaglan) and SD drew a game 1-1 i think it was.
    and i beat Kav 1-0 yesterday

I'm seriously pissed off, if i kicked it in a crowded box it would have been my own fault, but you angled Aglonlahor up just as i was kicking it, keeper had a clear line before that, if you didn't try to do it, he wouldnt have angled up and you would have been running to close off a throw to a defender as most do

If thats the way people are playing i'm going to use every little trick in the book too

And the game wouldnt rectify itself then by putting every 5 yard shot i took either onto the post or right at the keeper.

gilberto i honestly didnt even know that you could do that in the game usually when a player is close to the keeper he runs out on his own accord i didnt angle him towards the keeper.

anywats you got your own back next time we played

tribal 3-0 smelloflol

will anybody be on after the CL games tonight ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

I have a new league set up, have 5 players so far. Does anyone else want to join before we get started??

• Advertisement

lost 3-0 and to the wools and 2-1 to deaglan

chips1234 wrote: »
    lost 3-0 and to the wools and 2-1 to deaglan

thewools 3 : 0 smellofLOL

A bif flattering for all the ball A.Villa had, I worked a few nice counter attacks which Villas slow defense couldnt handle!!

thewools 1 : 2 Tribal_Army

A lag infested game but Patos coolness in front of goal was the difference here... my clowns dont like one on ones :rolleyes:

thewools wrote: »
    thewools 3 : 0 smellofLOL

A bif flattering for all the ball A.Villa had, I worked a few nice counter attacks which Villas slow defense couldnt handle!!

thewools 1 : 2 Tribal_Army

A lag infested game but Patos coolness in front of goal was the difference here... my clowns dont like one on ones :rolleyes:

Ya it went down the ****ter around the 65min mark, but in case Flawed might think this was the base of my victory (he thinks i affected the connection in out first game),i think it's fair to say, and you should agree that you took control when the LAG hit, it was even enough up to that, i couldn't get it away from my goal, you had 3/4 chances from in close, i just got my 6 yard'r from the better angle.

I've played 13 now so i'll sit out until the other 5(ish) lads get over the 10 marker

Ya it went down the ****ter around the 65min mark, but in case Flawed might think this was the base of my victory (he thinks i affected the connection in out first game),i think it's fair to say, and you should agree that you took control when the LAG hit, it was even enough up to that, i couldn't get it away from my goal, you had 3/4 chances from in close, i just got my 6 yard'r from the better angle.

I've played 13 now so i'll sit out until the other 5(ish) lads get over the 10 marker

think ive played 14 now so i'll wait till monday or so to play wcarey,sd08,kav and paddyjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

i'm going to be on sporadically over the next while so if anyone sees me on line psn msg me and i'll play some games

thewools 1 : 1 wcarey1975

You seemed to have got the hang of playing with Porto? I struggled for good possession and couldnt break u down. You should have won defo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

can u still join?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

This league is already well under way, nearly finished in fact, but we'll need reliable players for the next league and the more people the better, so if you're still interested keep an eye on the thread for when we start the next one. Also I think someone else set one up for people looking to play some games before we start a new season so maybe you could join that in the meantime.

I should be on later tonight if anyone wants to play a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Sorry for my inactivity......but ive 7000 words due on the UCD front desk for next thursday.....will be on little till i am done but when i am online ill do my best to play just FIFA.....everyon knows i was very active for the first few weeks, once thursday passes im all good :D :rolleyes:

thewools wrote: »
    thewools 1 : 1 wcarey1975

You seemed to have got the hang of playing with Porto? I struggled for good possession and couldnt break u down. You should have won defo...

i only really had the one real attempt and thankfully I scored it. I just changed the defenders around a little and managed to plug a hole but still I was really lucky you should really have won the game I dont know how many times I just managed to get a good foot in or you'd have been through. The porto keeper is really weak and pretty much any shot he has difficulty with. That said I was happy enough with the draw and if it wasn't for a badly misplaced pass by my RB I might have gotten more from the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

got 3 games played tonight,all good games

drew 3 3 with tribal army
    got bet 3 2 by ian
    bet ian 3 1(got revenge)

doing a bit better in league since i changed formation.

Played Ian tonight and lost 2-0 (I think) good player lucky to have only lost by that amount.

Tribal, you never added my 3 nil victory against Kav in the league.

GerCPM wrote: »
    Tribal, you never added my 3 nil victory against Kav in the league.

I asked people to confirm scores, i didnt enter that because he said ''2-0'' and you said ''3-0'' so wasnt sure what ye were at, ill enter it now

It was defo 3. I think he was messing.:)Cheers.

GerCPM wrote: »
    It was defo 3. I think he was messing.:)Cheers.

sound just needed confirmation

smelloflol 3-1 stephenD08 if wcarey,kav or paddyjoetheplumber are on tomorrow can we please play or second round of games thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

i might not be on tomorrow,you around tonight?

paddyjoedplumber

Will be on tomorrow for only a little while as I'm currently working nightshift. Will trya and get on later in the week to close out some more games.

W

• Advertisement

Gone quiet, come on get playing.....

Did that small second league get going?

Advertisement