Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

i was working late last 2 evenings,hopefully get online tomorrow about 8 or 9 for while if anyone wants to play their game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

thewools 6 : 0 Deaglan

Result not a fair reflection on the game. Was 1-0 up at half time but should Deaglan should have scored 2. One were you lobbed the keeper and somehow he recovered it on the line :p

2nd half was good for me... :) Every ball was almost perfect for some reason... :confused:

thewools 3 : 2 Ian-DOC

Another cracker against Ian-DOC. Played him last night before I went to sleepy land!!

He got the lead after a scrappy corner which Ade knocked home. Diego got a sweet equaliser after some nice passing. SWP got city to lead once again but I got lucky in the second half and came back to take the lead and just about held on... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Ive only 2 games to play, thewools and StephenD08. Il give it another week or so before I play them. No rush!
    Hopefull we should have this finished in 2 weeks or so. Then we can set up a real league with random teams, and play it over the Christmas. Seems like wcarey is well able to compete even with Porto, will you stay with us?;) I like the idea of two leagues - promotion and relegation. It means the weaker players will stay on playing as they have something to play for. Somebody has to finish bottom at the end of the day. I think were all fairly even anyway, nearly everybody has beaten each other.:)

GerCPM wrote: »
    Ive only 2 games to play, thewools and StephenD08. Il give it another week or so before I play them. No rush!
    Hopefull we should have this finished in 2 weeks or so. Then we can set up a real league with random teams, and play it over the Christmas. Seems like wcarey is well able to compete even with Porto, will you stay with us?;) I like the idea of two leagues - promotion and relegation. It means the weaker players will stay on playing as they have something to play for. Somebody has to finish bottom at the end of the day. I think were all fairly even anyway, nearly everybody has beaten each other.:)

Ye good idea - If we can get 16 players - 2 groups of 8. With 2 players going up and 2 going down after each full round. Perhaps playoffs for the 2nd promotion spot?

Would mean more interest for all players involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

thewools wrote: »
    Ye good idea - If we can get 16 players - 2 groups of 8. With 2 players going up and 2 going down after each full round. Perhaps playoffs for the 2nd promotion spot?

Would mean more interest for all players involved.

have i still to play you ?? you up for playing now ??

chips1234 wrote: »
    have i still to play you ?? you up for playing now ??

At work atm, and going to the gym later but might be online later around 7 and/or after 11 tonight.

I still have to play: Kav, Paddyjoedplumber, SmellofLOL, StephenD and FlawedGenius...

At work atm, and going to the gym later but might be online later around 7 and/or after 11 tonight.

I still have to play: Kav, Paddyjoedplumber, SmellofLOL, StephenD and FlawedGenius...

im heading out on the piss later might be on at 7 will be highly intoxicated playing if i am lol

anyone be on tonight that i have left to play,ill be on about 9.

Any of the above :rolleyes: want to play later???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Me and Ian Played last night...
    1-1 draw....

Thewools if i can get on i will.....my last assignment is due tomorrow then im free of assignments till feburary :D
    If i dont get this finished (im currently in UCD library) :rolleyes: by tonight then ill definitly get a host of games played between tomorrow, saturday and sunday.....i think ive to play everyone again still, except ian, flawed and deaglan? im not sure

Sound Kav, no panic. Finish your assignment :D

Thats one thing I dont miss....

thewools 2 : 4 StephenD08

Got my assed kicked here - should have lost by alot more... Was 2 - 0 up and then everything went badly downhill... Arsenal too quick for my defense..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

shall we try and get this league wrapped up fairly soon?!!
    fair play to every1 for playing their games and not giving up so far anyway.
    the amount of leagues on this site that get started but never finish was just annoying.

had a nightmare against the wools the other nite. 6-0 !! i lost it.... no excuses!! just lost it!!
    deaglan

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

thewools 2 : 4 StephenD08

Got my assed kicked here - should have lost by alot more... Was 2 - 0 up and then everything went badly downhill... Arsenal too quick for my defense..
    Was a good game alright, honestly thought you had it at 2-0 so I just went all out after that and scored a peach of a free kick and just kicked on from there. Have 6 games left to play so if anyone is on later hopefully I'll be free to play.

I think we should be thinking of how to do the next league now, assuming everybody's still interested:rolleyes:, like getting ideas of teams and how many people we have etc., might have to look back a few pages for some of my ideas on this, or if anyone can come up with any better ideas that would be even better, just got to make sure people don't lose interest after this one has finished.

Thats one thing I dont miss....

I dont see how any1 cud ever miss this ****e! :rolleyes: :(:D

Any of the above :rolleyes: want to play later???

hey i should be on soon will be able to play some games if kav,paddyjoe,wcarey are on later i'll play them aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

StephenD08 2-1 paddyjoedplumber.

Couldn't make the most of my chances (as usual:rolleyes:) in the first half, then he scored in the second, got back into it after his keeper came out of the box for a long ball and I knicked it, easy tap in. Got the winner just after from a good move.

I have to play, Ger, Tribal, Kav, Deaglan and WCarey, so if anyone's on tell me what time suits, I'll try to leave my match with Ger till later though so he doesn't finish before the rest of us.;)

Looking forward to getting this finished and starting the new one, I've gone off Arsenal, so want a new team, preferably one who knows where the goal is.:pac:

smelloflol 1-0 paddyjoe

thewools 1 : 0 Kav

Unlucky that it wasnt 1-1, Kav was one on one in last kick on game but blasted wide to my suprise!! :eek:

• Advertisement

anyone be on later? ill be able to play most of afternoon and evening if anyone is around?

thewools 3 : 2 paddyjoedplumber

Close game - I tried a new formation with Iaquinta up front.. He worked out well scoring two great goals... Paddy came back well and could have easily gotton a point or more off me. The woodwork at both ends got a good hammering :)

Good Game...

Any1 on for game now?
    Jst message me on psn...

Sorry Tribal but i just looked at table and it says ive only 3 wins? Im sure i won four.....beat smellofLOL, the wools, wcarey & paddyjoedplumber??

Did u miss one or what?
    I think everyone shud have a look make sure there points are right....

Just looked and i mustnt have posted my game against paddyjoe....
    Think it was 3-0 to me....will need him to confirm?? :P

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Sorry Tribal but i just looked at table and it says ive only 3 wins? Im sure i won four.....beat smellofLOL, the wools, wcarey & paddyjoedplumber??

Did u miss one or what?
    I think everyone shud have a look make sure there points are right....

I posted numerous times to check the break down of your results and let me know, there's an option on the tool bar to do this. It's difficult entering results on the page, it contains every game on one long list and is very basic so it's hard to spot if i got them all in and highlighted ''confirm''

Kav1892 (1) - Paddyjoedplumber (0)
    Great game with paddy, probably should have been a 2-2 draw if we cudve finished.....loads of chances, but just held on....

SmellofLOL (1) - Kav1892 (2)
    Good game aswel, SmellofLoL went 1-0 up before i equalised 2nd half....
    My connection once again played havoc and went in the 78th minute...
    So i proposed a 15 minute playoff in unranked, and when the ball went out of play past the 15 min mark we ended the game......seemed fair as we were too far gone to play another whole 90 minutes....ended up scoring about 5/6 minutes in to snatch this one.....
    Uefa Fair Play award to SmellOfLOL :)

Btw tribal.....checked bak through the tread and to confirm, it was 3-0 against paddyjoe first time around :rolleyes:

Played two games there:

thewools 2 : 1 SmellofLOL

Good game, think i just edged it chances wise but could have went either way...

thewools 4 : 3 Ian-DOC

A cracker of a game, a smashing goal from Diego won it for me but a draw really would have been fair here. I was 2-1 up at half time then Ian brought on Tevez and Ireland (*spits*) and he scored two within seconds. I then got my two almost instantly. Man City had tones of chances for the rest of the game - I went all out defense to get a few more bodies behind the ball. Worked for once :cool:
    thewools 3 : 0 smellofLOL

A bif flattering for all the ball A.Villa had, I worked a few nice counter attacks which Villas slow defense couldnt handle!!

thewools 1 : 2 Tribal_Army

A lag infested game but Patos coolness in front of goal was the difference here... my clowns dont like one on ones :rolleyes:

I played SmellofLOL twice already so please add Tribal...

All i have to play now is Flawed, if he loses both of his next two game (myself included) I have a slight slight chance. ;)

Tribal still should win it... more games in hand!!

http://boardsire.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?league=8816787

Updated(to the best of my knowledge)

I was using the table in FIFA for cross reference, but since i haven't had a game in over a week i was just trying to add the results from the posts.

Can whoever i have left make themselves available to play?, SD told me one night around a week ago that he would play a few together at the weekend instead, would it have been that hard to sacrifice one game of COD?, I'm not playing my PS3 much now so not likely to be hanging around for a chance match.
    Also messaged Kav last night while he was playing COD and he still hasn't replied to my messages as off this evening.

• Advertisement

Also messaged Kav last night while he was playing COD and he still hasn't replied to my messages as off this evening.

You were offline before i got a chance to reply......u said something about your other account which i dont know of? :confused:

Advertisement