Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Do you think the new league will be started before xmas?

Alot of free time to pass so Im hoping it will start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

True to my word I was on tonight, played Kav, won 5-0, game turned at 1-0 when I got a penalty and he got a red, so the score was a bit flattering.
    I'm still on if Tribal is about to play our match.
    Also, didn't want to bring this up till after but if I win my last 2 matches I'll go level on points with Ger, but if I beat him again I'll have beaten him both times. So, if that is the case, who wins the league, him for his better goal difference, me for the head to head or should we play a play-off to decide?
    I'm not going to give any opinions cos obviously I'd pick the one that favoured me, but just thought I'd bring it up in case cos it wasn't mentioned in the rules before the league.
    Of course I'll probably lose to Tribal so it won't matter anyway.:rolleyes:

sd08 wrote: »
    True to my word I was on tonight, played Kav, won 5-0, game turned at 1-0 when I got a penalty and he got a red, so the score was a bit flattering.
    I'm still on if Tribal is about to play our match.
    Also, didn't want to bring this up till after but if I win my last 2 matches I'll go level on points with Ger, but if I beat him again I'll have beaten him both times. So, if that is the case, who wins the league, him for his better goal difference, me for the head to head or should we play a play-off to decide?
    I'm not going to give any opinions cos obviously I'd pick the one that favoured me, but just thought I'd bring it up in case cos it wasn't mentioned in the rules before the league.
    Of course I'll probably lose to Tribal so it won't matter anyway.:rolleyes:

TBH i haven't the game at the moment, I'll get a loan of my cousins ( hopefully tomorrow) to finish my last two games, then I'm out, just sick of the game tbh, completely unrelated to the league, and i aint shelling out another €40 odd for another copy straight away just to play 2/3 league games a week, i might pick it up in a few mths again but i'm finished with it for the foreseeable future, was going to get PES but i've watched people playing it and it looks terrible so it will **** all PS3 time until late Jan'

TBH i haven't the game at the moment, I'll get a loan of my cousins ( hopefully tomorrow) to finish my last two games, then I'm out, just sick of the game tbh, completely unrelated to the league, and i aint shelling out another €40 odd for another copy straight away just to play 2/3 league games a week, i might pick it up in a few mths again but i'm finished with it for the foreseeable future, was going to get PES but i've watched people playing it and it looks terrible so it will **** all PS3 time until late Jan'
    I can completely understand you there, the game can get infuriating, that is why I wasn't playing many games at the start myself, and why I only play clubs and this league. I think the only games left in the league are your two and mine against Ger, so if you can't get at the game we could just call all of them draws and end the league now, I don't mind, because Ger probably deserves the league more than me anyway, and at least we could start the new league (if everyone is still interested) and get a new one up and running as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind organising it if everybody was ok with that and Ger seems to be commited to it and good at getting games done and all that?:)

I can completely understand you there, the game can get infuriating, that is why I wasn't playing many games at the start myself, and why I only play clubs and this league. I think the only games left in the league are your two and mine against Ger, so if you can't get at the game we could just call all of them draws and end the league now, I don't mind, because Ger probably deserves the league more than me anyway, and at least we could start the new league (if everyone is still interested) and get a new one up and running as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind organising it if everybody was ok with that and Ger seems to be commited to it and good at getting games done and all that?:)

It's not the game as such it's this momentum ****e that was there last year too, there was a massive thread on the EA forums bout it last year, anyone who plays online reg' for the past two years should have noticed it occur against them, it's too many factors to put off as luck.
    EA came back and denied it, said it was in peoples heads, and the reason your players couldnt pass , shoot ,tackle, support the man with the ball was because of how you play, even though it could just turn after a goal, both ways mind you, but i'd rather not have the outcome stacked in either favour.

I noticed after getting my second account past 4k points that it started again at the same point as my first one. couldn't string more then 2 wins together, i know how to play i have two accounts in the Irish top 100, so know it's not ''in my head from pressure'' :rolleyes:

I'll get back to it again in a few months

Anyway look i don't want to make this sound like the reason i'm leaving the league, this is strictly from playing ranked games which is where i get 99% of use from the game, i wish i wasnt so hasty in getting rid of it and i'd have stayed on but i couldnt be bothered going straight back out and buying it again, i'll sit out the next one, the way this has gone it will take a few weeks, i might get it again by then when i get bored.

Why would it be best to let him win it, it's not like nobody else can, i'll finish my games either way, just wasn't thinking about the league when i got rid of it, don't feel like shelling out more money on it again straight away, i can get a loan to finish my two games.
    I think you should play Ger whenever ya get the chance, no real point in saving it for last, if he wins either way he wins it.

I'll try get it tomorrow and finish my last two games by Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

It's not the game as such it's this momentum ****e that was there last year too, there was a massive thread on the EA forums bout it last year, anyone who plays online reg' for the past two years should have noticed it occur against them, it's too many factors to put off as luck.
    EA came back and denied it, said it was in peoples heads, and the reason your players couldnt pass , shoot ,tackle, support the man with the ball was because of how you play, even though it could just turn after a goal, both ways mind you, but i'd rather not have the outcome stacked in either favour.

I noticed after getting my second account past 4k points that it started again at the same point as my first one. couldn't string more then 2 wins together, i know how to play i have two accounts in the Irish top 100, so know it's not ''in my head from pressure'' :rolleyes:

Anyway look i don't want to make this sound like the reason i'm leaving the league, this is strictly from playing ranked games which is where i get 99% of use from the game, i wish i wasnt so hasty in getting rid of it and i'd have stayed on but i couldnt be bothered going straight back out and buying it again, i'll sit out the next one, the way this has gone it will take a few weeks, i might get it again by then when i get bored.

Why would it be best to let him win it, it's not like nobody else can, i'll finish my games either way, just wasn't thinking about the league when i got rid of it, don't feel like shelling out more money on it again straight away, i can get a loan to finish my two games.
    I think you should play Ger whenever ya get the chance, no real point in saving it for last, if he wins either way he wins it.

Ok Tribal / Gilberto... sad to hear you lost your love for fifa...

If you want ill look after the next league - if you tell me how to modify the league table online etc...

Will I try setting up a new league tomorrow? Start a new thread??

Remain in the same format or try and set up two leagues of 8 ppl perhaps with promotion and relagation??

That suggestion was just under the assumption that you didn't care much about the remaining games and that it would be too much bother for you to get the game just to play those two games, if you can then I will play my last games anyway, but besides Ger only you and me can win the league and if you couldn't get at the game it wouldn't be fair to give me the win cos I know that you are probably better than me anyway, and I can only draw level with Ger anyway.
    Also I think that they are the only games left so the sooner we wrap this up the quicker we can start up the new one, which I don't mind setting up and all that, obviously with the help of some of the other lads too, this league seems to have gone pretty well so if we can improve the next slightly then it can become even better.
    Hopefully, after the next one you might be back because the league will obviously be better with more players and you are definitey one of the best on here.

So, I'd say it's up to you if we finish this or just end it now, cos realistically you're the only one who can beat Ger to top spot so if you aren't able to finish your games then we can just get started on the next league. Of course if you can then don't mind this, it's not anything personal on you, just want to get finished and started on the new one as soon as possible.

So, I'd say it's up to you if we finish this or just end it now, cos realistically you're the only one who can beat Ger to top spot so if you aren't able to finish your games then we can just get started on the next league. Of course if you can then don't mind this, it's not anything personal on you, just want to get finished and started on the new one as soon as possible.

You can draw level with him, and so can i(and pass him), which will mean a play-off match, the in game league system doesn't count GD and i don't think we should either, it's just nice to look at in the other table i'm using(and compulsory if we're entering proper scores and not 1-0's) all this could be meaningless anyway if Ger wins his final game.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

let us know when the new league is starting up!
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

wow i musta really hurt Tribal when i beat him in the league that time!! lol im jokeing, but... tbh i dont really feel theres a 'momentum' thing on the game..i just think u go through stages where ur on a bad run...as i said, i dont really notice it.
    r we gonna get this league over or what? gone beyond a joke now. i doubt il bother with the next one if this is anything to go by. it started off great, but now...no one will play their remaining games or dont play fifa anymore. anymore the 9 or 10 in the next league and it wouldnt work id say.
    deaglan

• Advertisement

wow i musta really hurt Tribal when i beat him in the league that time!! lol im jokeing, but... tbh i dont really feel theres a 'momentum' thing on the game..i just think u go through stages where ur on a bad run...as i said, i dont really notice it.
    r we gonna get this league over or what? gone beyond a joke now. i doubt il bother with the next one if this is anything to go by. it started off great, but now...no one will play their remaining games or dont play fifa anymore. anymore the 9 or 10 in the next league and it wouldnt work id say.
    deaglan

In fairness we were doing great - we have a good group we just need to replace the ones which arent interested with reliable ppl...

I think ill set up a new thread and see how it goes. I have finished all my games in this league over 2 weeks ago so I dont really want to be waiting around much longer! i really enjoyed this campaign and hopefully things will get better!!

i wouldnt start a new thread or league until this one is over. but go ahead if ye reckon thats the best thing to do.

i think anyone that has 1 or 2 games left and theres no sign off them and they havent posted here in a while should probly be booted out of the next league!

deaglan

Maybe ya don't play enough games?.... i have around 500 played between my two accounts, as i said i only really noticed it kick in big time when i passed 4k points.
    Theres a thread on here about which FIFA is better 10 or 09 and multiple people mention it. It seems to be hit and miss, a goal can change it, not all players feel improved/declined.
    I think it's to do with adidas live season, if you've used that and played a player with red form he'll play the same as the players do when it turns bad, same with a green player, that code is incorporated into the game, so the basis for it happening is already there

As i said this isn't my reason for leaving, i felt i had 1 game in favour and against in the league so it evened out and even those games weren't clear cut where i could say it was momentum, seems to be most evident in ranked.

I have the game again so hopefully i can catch SD and Carey tonight and get my games over with

Tribal, you free to play tonight then, like to get this finished, if you are I'll play that and then Ger afterwards and then we can start organising the next league before anyone gets fed up:pac:

Played my final two matches tonight.
    StephenD08 5-0 Tribal Army
    StephenD08 3-2 FlawedGenius

The second game was the one that would decide the league with me needing to win to draw level with Ger and he only needing a draw to win.
    So, Ger attacked from the start and got a good early goal then I scored a free kick 2 minutes later, after that the game was toing and froing between us till the 85th minute when Ger broke away and scored a good goal, league looked to be over by then so I went all out attack and got the equaliser on 88. Going into stoppage time knew I needed something special played the ball to the edge of the box and curled a beautiful shot into the top corner.
    The ref blew up then, an unbelievable end to a great league.

So, what now, do we play a play-off ourselves, or wait till everyone else has finished all their games to use the in-game play-off system?

Ok, so we went ahead and agreed to play a deciding play-off in a ranked match, another good tight match, Ger got an early lead, I equalised soon after then got to 3-1 by half time, couldn't quite seal it and Ger did well to get back to 3-3, but with 5 minutes remaining I managed to get the winner.

Final score: StephenD08 4-3 FlawedGenius.
    So I guess I'm the boards champion.:D

he must be rageing! well ive 1 game left buit feck it. wcarey doesnt look like hes bothered? flawed/ger got banned on this for a while i think. twas a good league up until the end with people not playing...should we start a new one?
    a random draw? international? who cud we trust to do a random draw!!:D

he must be rageing! well ive 1 game left buit feck it. wcarey doesnt look like hes bothered? flawed/ger got banned on this for a while i think. twas a good league up until the end with people not playing...should we start a new one?
    a random draw? international? who cud we trust to do a random draw!!:D
    Yeah he was disappointed, unfortunate to lose too but there could only be one winner. I think we should maybe look at some of the ideas in this thread, including some of mine about teams and random draws and all that, I don't mind setting it up and doing the table like what Tribal had for this one, like you said it was good till near the end when some people were already finished and others weren't on.

So, is everyone else ok to end this league now and get started on a new one?

Yeah he was disappointed, unfortunate to lose too but there could only be one winner. I think we should maybe look at some of the ideas in this thread, including some of mine about teams and random draws and all that, I don't mind setting it up and doing the table like what Tribal had for this one, like you said it was good till near the end when some people were already finished and others weren't on.

So, is everyone else ok to end this league now and get started on a new one?

sounds good... i offered to help too but im more than happy to allow you to organise the next one. The sooner the better.....

ya start a new 1 so....... i propse random draw out of the top 10 best international teams.......... wat ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Double post......Dont know how but this one was only half written

Sorry for the lack of activity have been busy over the last while. Should be online tonight around the 9pm mark if anyone wants to get their games out of the way. Dont think I'll put forward for the next league as the standard is well above me was good while it lasted and at least it seems like it might actually finish.

ya start a new 1 so....... i propse random draw out of the top 10 best international teams.......... wat ye think?

There isn't 10 decent national teams though:

Brazil, Argentina, France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland.... that's 9 there and there's a significant advantage over Germany and Holland, never mind getting landed with the 10th best.

I wouldn't mind a mix between the best national teams and club teams:

Barca, Madrid, Inter, Man Utd, Chelsea would be the stand out club teams, you could then add France, England, Brazil, Spain and Italy

That way everyone get's a faily decent team and there's no stand-out team from the rest, while it was fun to go 4.5 star teams i personally hated playing with AC Milan

There isn't 10 decent national teams though:

Brazil, Argentina, France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland.... that's 9 there and there's a significant advantage over Germany and Holland, never mind getting landed with the 10th best.

I wouldn't mind a mix between the best national teams and club teams:

Barca, Madrid, Inter, Man Utd, Chelsea would be the stand out club teams, you could then add France, England, Brazil, Spain and Italy

That way everyone get's a faily decent team and there's no stand-out team from the rest, while it was fun to go 4.5 star teams i personally hated playing with AC Milan

i dont think theres much of a difference in the national teams tbh. i was never a fan either of playing international against club...but whatever the majority think.

i dont think theres much of a difference in the national teams tbh. i was never a fan either of playing international against club...but whatever the majority think.

There is, as has been said 2/3 players are going to be left with teams that are more like 4* star teams against 5*, your forgetting the amount of top class reserve players the best national teams have as well.

There isn't enough decent club teams, or national teams, so a cross selection is the best option, that way everyone gets a team nearly on par.

National vs Club team doesn't bother me tbh, it's only a game after all and they are in effect new teams

we should propbly get this thread locked now.... and just post in the new one.

i personally wouldnt care if i got landed with the likes of Russia...instead of germany or argentina tbh. its only a game as you said. im just kinda fed up of playing clubs all the time.
    and its a random draw so ya never know who you get.

we should propbly get this thread locked now.... and just post in the new one.

There's still a few games to be played, i still think everyone should finish their games, i'm going to finish mine against Carey anyway, don't see the point in playing till 17 and stopping:D

There's still a few games to be played, i still think everyone should finish their games, i'm going to finish mine against Carey anyway, don't see the point in playing till 17 and stopping:D

oh yea i forgot theres games left actually!including mine against wcarey

Just played NBP aka deglan there and lost 2-1. Am trying to get these games sorted guys but have recently been switched to vodafone bb and having some issue my end particularly in the evening. 3 left......

• Advertisement
Advertisement