Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

GerCPM wrote: »
    Good man Gilberto! Thank god we cant pick 5 star teams. Would of been very unfair. So its 4.5 star teams or lower? Is this just an experiment league/qualifying or what? Is there playoffs, how many games?
    Most importantly will there be fixtures set out? I think thats the most important thing for it to be finished. Thats what the XBOX league has and it means people know when they are playing in advance so theres no excuses!

Ok Im in, Bayern Munich!

I'm not sure what it is, consider it the first 8/9, if we could get another one running along side and divide the players up based on positions(top 4/ bottom 4 in each split into two leagues with promotion relegation from then on) for the following one/s

Once everyone joins and picks a team we can go about setting up the fixtures, hopefully the other lads select different teams, still lots of good ones left with 4.5

Not sure about the play off aspect, it was faded out and couldnt be changed, i think it was set to ON anyway, not sure of what they entail?

Two rounds of games, i set the limit to 9 players, the problem with the one started a few weeks back was it was open to anyone to join, they must have had the full 20+, doomed to fail before it began, need to keep them small to begin with

The key to this working (bar people leaving) is regular contact to the thread to keep up to date on when games need to be played, picking teams etc...
    sd08 wrote: »
    I'll pick Arsenal if I'm allowed, if not just say and I'll pick a different team before I join.
    2 games against each player seems fair enough, and we should try to post fixtures here in advance rather than the usual one or two people playing all their games then waiting on the rest to play theirs.

If they're a 4.5 star team(which i think they are) pick away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm in work so can't double check but are Liverpool a 4.5 Star team if they are then I'll pick them if not then I'll pick Valencia as I'm sure they are a 4.5 star team.
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I'm in work so can't double check but are Liverpool a 4.5 Star team if they are then I'll pick them if not then I'll pick Valencia as I'm sure they are a 4.5 star team.
    W

Pretty sure Liverpool are a 5star...

Ill be online later after work and check out all possible 4.5 teams... is there a full list online?? :confused:

Ya Liverpool are a 5*

Ian-DOC= Man City

Never played as them yet - but Ill pick Tottenham! See how that goes... :cool:

When will league fixtures etc be arranged... I can play today after work if possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

smelloflol=athletico madrid able to play tonight about 8 o clock if anyone wants to play

Better wait until comfirmation from gilberto_eire regarding the league format...

Any Rules?
    • Game Length
    • Do these games have to ranked or unranked?
    • Guidelines regarding disconnecting (honest ones) or quitting?
    • etc

thewools wrote: »
    Better wait until comfirmation from gilberto_eire regarding the league format...

Any Rules?
    • Game Length
    • Do these games have to ranked or unranked?
    • Guidelines regarding disconnecting (honest ones) or quitting?
    • etc

i dont mind waiting, is 6 minutes not standard for online matches i think we should keep it at that, disconnecting should result in a loss wheter its by accident or on purpose imo and the games should be ranked also.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

I'm pretty sure Gilberto has set up the league within FIFA's league system, so that way the fixtures and results will be there for everyone to easily see, and so noone can fix the results, seems a fair enough way for now.

Ya i set it up through the online system, so if someone was to quit it will record in the game.

I put it to 6mins a half
    I'm pretty sure when you play a league game through the online system its an unranked match

As soon as the other 3/4 lads pick their teams we can start, say 4 games a week. so we'll finish it by next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Is it too late to join??
    Really wanna find a league to join online....can start asap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I ended up picking A Madrid as I totally forgot about them. There's 2 of us in the league using A Madrid but it should make for some fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

woops, i accepted the league invite on ps before i read the posts on this thread,didnt reliase i couldnt pick 5 star team.i picked liverpool.can i change this? Maybe remove me from league and ill join again? ill be online tomorrow evening if anyone wants a game

Pat

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join??
    Really wanna find a league to join online....can start asap...

Just search for the league, put the limit to 9, we have 8 now, if you take longer then the last two to pick teams we're starting though, see how active you are in this thread :D
    pool fan wrote: »
    woops, i accepted the league invite on ps before i read the posts on this thread,didnt reliase i couldnt pick 5 star team.i picked liverpool.can i change this? Maybe remove me from league and ill join again? ill be online tomorrow evening if anyone wants a game

Pat

You can leave it yourself, click your name in the standing and it should open a menu with this option, thats how you leave a ''club'' anyway, its there somewhere.

thewools has accepted my friends invite so ill invite him(can search yourself-BoardsIRE), that just leaves ''newballsplz'' who put him in, what's the story?

Once everyone picks we'll do the fixtures, try play an even number as we go

Sounds good to me, hopefully this can really get going for a change.
    Have you sent out invites to the league or do we need to join it ourselves? I'd say that fixtures should be made on a day to day basis though so that people who may not be on won't miss their matches and nobody gets too far ahead or left behind in fixtures, what tends to ruin these things is one guy having 4/5 wins or one person having that many losses before others have played then everybody loses interest.

I joined there - decided to go with Juventus instead of Tot Spurs... :rolleyes:

Sounds good to me, hopefully this can really get going for a change.
    Have you sent out invites to the league or do we need to join it ourselves? I'd say that fixtures should be made on a day to day basis though so that people who may not be on won't miss their matches and nobody gets too far ahead or left behind in fixtures, what tends to ruin these things is one guy having 4/5 wins or one person having that many losses before others have played then everybody loses interest.

I can only send invites when someone is on my friends list, at any rate its on open league so either way works. I sent yours and Paddy's invites earlier this evening.

Maybe not even day to day, personally i could play everyday but i'm sure most won't, if we could try every second day or just 4 in a week(two weeks to finish it), so not sure would it be practical to go game by game, although it would make it more interesting.

We just need to sort this ''newballsplease'' lad(and Kav if he decided to return to the thread and read what i posted, they generally never return though :D) and we can go about starting

It would be handy if we could get another small one going to run along side, seeing as its the first and the way these things generally go i'd say the best we can hope for is say 6 from our 9 finishing, so if we can get another 7/8/9 player one going and get enough from both we can go from there.

Amazing there's so little interest in comparison to the Xbox one, can't see why none of the lads who were playing on the ''club'' team asked to join :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Im nearly sure Newballsplease PSN is Deaglan. Give him a message Gilberto.

Im nearly sure Newballsplease PSN is Deaglan. Give him a message Gilberto.

I taught you meant the PSN was Newballsplease, there is someone using that name too because the request never failed :D.

I'll add him now so

I cant find d league? :S

• Advertisement

Never mind.....found it! :)
    When we starting??

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Never mind.....found it! :)
    When we starting??

We're just waiting on Deaglan, once we have him we can set up some fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

i left league to change team,not allowed back in till gm sends me an invite,can u send me a invite again gilberto?

I joined the league there earlier and picked Arsenal, but I did notice that we have two Arsenals and two Atlético Madrids, would it not be better if everyone was a different team?
    Are we waiting on anyone else to join, or is that it?

I joined the league there earlier and picked Arsenal, but I did notice that we have two Arsenals and two Atlético Madrids, would it not be better if everyone was a different team?
    Yeah I agree. Two teams the same is ridicolous. Is that not one of the points of picking 4.5* star teams so we have a variety and not just the best teams. Arsenal v Arsenal. Atlético v Atlético ahh no!:rolleyes:

Yeah I agree. Two teams the same is ridicolous. Is that not one of the points of picking 4.5* star teams so we have a variety and not just the best teams. Arsenal v Arsenal. Atlético v Atlético ahh no!:rolleyes:

Ya well having half the players sharing teams is a bit much...

This is why i was saying would we do random picks, i said i could do a list of the 8 best teams in the 4.5 bracket, you pick a number, i then pass on the list to ensure fair play on my part and i'd get the last team left, nobody posted for or against so left it at selected picks, also picked Milan because i knew no one else would pick them, i actually don't pick them online.

But the problem going this way is, whoever picks last could argue they got left with the **** teams, and its a valid point, players who pick first shouldnt get an advantage over whoever picks last.

At any rate you can just leave the league and re join with another team, its an open league so invites from me arent needed.

So what will we do, can we reach agreement ourselves or shall we go random picks?, at this stage i don't mind leaving the two madrids, since its been like that a few days, the second selector messaged me at the time and i said ''well it wasn't agreed that you couldn't re-pick a team'' so it was their choice

As i said earlier in the thread one of the key factors in this working is regular contact with the thread, it enables us to get through things like this quickly, its already taken a number of days to get everyone to join and pick a team, i posted a while back of the league name and that invites weren't needed

Names out of the hat then?:confused:
    Athletico
    Villa
    Man City
    Bayern Munich
    Roma
    Ac Milan
    Tottenham
    Valencia
    Arsenal

Best thing for now might be to let this one go as it has, and do that next time?.... IF the lads who selected teams between themselves can come to an agreement about picking between Madrid/Arsenal, if someones not happy that random is the fairest thing to do, its not fair on the people picking last to be left with crap, why should anyone get an early pick over someone else?

I picked Milan as i knew the situation wouldn't arise as it has with Arsenal and Madrid, i'm not fussy personally but if anyone isnt happy we can go random.

At any rate everyone needs to re-pick, i had set the limit to 9 and had even accounted for what i taught was an extra place, but with Kav it made 10, must have forgot to count myself when i set it up or something, no biggie as no games were played, invites were resent to everyone and i sent a message about it as well through the PSN

If we can sort the last one or two picks we could start tomorrow night?

Deaglan picked Valencia earlier so that makes it....

Tribal- AC Milan
    Ian DOC -Man City
    Flawedgenius- B Munich
    'dplumber-??
    thewools- Juve
    WCarey- ??
    StephenD- Arsenal
    Smelloflol- A.Madrid
    Deaglan- Valencia
    Kav- ??

I take it both WCarey and Kav were the two who re picked teams?, tbh i can't remember who it was and since it's a fresh league i can't check, we'll see what they want to do, if their happy to take other teams then we can leave it, if not we'll have to go random, there's still at least two good teams left from the top of my head in Roma and Villa, i'd even take them myself if one of those two wanted Milan, just want to start this

Best thing for now might be to let this one go as it has, and do that next time?.... IF the lads who selected teams between themselves can come to an agreement about picking between Madrid/Arsenal, if someones not happy that random is the fairest thing to do, its not fair on the people picking last to be left with crap, why should anyone get an early pick over someone else?

I picked Milan as i knew the situation wouldn't arise as it has with Arsenal and Madrid, i'm not fussy personally but if anyone isnt happy we can go random.

At any rate everyone needs to re-pick, i had set the limit to 9 and had even accounted for what i taught was an extra place, but with Kav it made 10, must have forgot to count myself when i set it up or something, no biggie as no games were played, invites were resent to everyone and i sent a message about it as well through the PSN

If we can sort the last one or two picks we could start tomorrow night?

Deaglan picked Valencia earlier so that makes it....

Tribal- AC Milan
    Ian DOC -Man City
    Flawedgenius- B Munich
    'dplumber-??
    thewools- Juve
    WCarey- ??
    StephenD- Arsenal
    Smelloflol- A.Madrid
    Deaglan- Valencia
    Kav- ??

I take it both WCarey and Kav were the two who re picked teams?, tbh i can't remember who it was and since it's a fresh league i can't check, we'll see what they want to do, if their happy to take other teams then we can leave it, if not we'll have to go random, there's still at least two good teams left from the top of my head in Roma and Villa, i'd even take them myself if one of those two wanted Milan, just want to start this

if wcarey wants to take madrid i'll take villa i dont mind just want to get started really

• Advertisement

Anyone want to play later on - say after 5?

Advertisement