Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Btw Ger, Ive already taken Arsenal sorry mate....
    I actually picked Arsenal at the start and in the original league, but I suppose if you did too we can both be them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

sd08 wrote: »
    I actually picked Arsenal at the start and in the original league, but I suppose if you did too we can both be them then?
    I dont know tbh but when i signed up and picked my team i was fairly sure noone had picked them.....im sure its not a problem.....its only a mockup for now anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

God Porto are awful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

anyone wanna get me into that league somehow???? :D

Personally i think that until we get this up and running properly, i think we shud just play whoever we get the opportunity to and not have a fixture list....obviously we need to try keep together on games played but this is just to weed out those that are inactive.....and obviously only play every1 once first....but like ders hardly point in passing up opportunities to play someone from the league yet?
    Me & Ian were not on fixtures but just both ended up online last night and played our game at 1am....so i think if u get a chance to play sum1 den go for it, we're just trying to see who'll stick with this thing

That's when people end up playing all their games in one go while others havent even played one.

I just left it at four to give plenty of people time to play a few games without anyone getting too far ahead, already Monday night and some still haven't even played one.

• Advertisement

Cokeistan wrote: »
    anyone wanna get me into that league somehow???? :D

Try get more names for a second one, keep it small, and we can merge them at the end minus the lads who don't finish, this one is full though, can't see why we didn't have any other posters in the past week apart from you, so much interest in the Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Tribal...Do we have to play those fixtures in order? Or can I play them 4 anytime in any order? If the latter I suppose I could play paddyjoedplumber now or tommorow?

I've joined and added my first four opponents, sent them all messages to arrange games, playing Ian-Doc tomorrow night, so if thewools or smellofLOL would like to say when they're available I should get my matches done by friday.
    League needs to get going better, I notice it's usually the same people(Myself, gilberto, Ger, thewools, chips) posting all the time, the rest need to come on here more frequently as it's the best place and way to keep the league going and arrange games and stuff, otherwise people get left out and don't know where the person they're supposed to be playing is etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I've joined and added my first four opponents, sent them all messages to arrange games, playing Ian-Doc tomorrow night, so if thewools or smellofLOL would like to say when they're available I should get my matches done by friday.
    League needs to get going better, I notice it's usually the same people(Myself, gilberto, Ger, thewools, chips) posting all the time, the rest need to come on here more frequently as it's the best place and way to keep the league going and arrange games and stuff, otherwise people get left out and don't know where the person they're supposed to be playing is etc.

Can play you tomorrow if you like? Ill be online from approx 5-7 if that suits

Im online almost every night so jst pm me if any1's on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

i can play tomorrow from bout 3-7.30

That's when people end up playing all their games in one go while others havent even played one.

I just left it at four to give plenty of people time to play a few games without anyone getting too far ahead, already Monday night and some still haven't even played one.

Yeah but arent we just trying to weed out the inactive players for this one?
    We've dis going a few days now and still some have played 0 so dont hold the active players bak too much either or they'll lose interest...

Btw a thought because everyone is picking the same teams (which btw steve u were last to join this one so i didnt pick arsenal after you but i dont think it will matter) BUT for the next league, how about the champion gets first choice of team, then 2nd place and so on.......so each previous league dictates who gets first choice and then it wud be fair to ban the same team being used twice in one league.....

Flawed Genius 2 - Kav1892 0
    Great game mate.....pity i cudnt finish!! =D Great game.....:cool:

Just played Tribal Army and won 2-1 and beat Kav1892 2-0..Two close games. Could of went either way. I forgot we play each other twice in this! Gives people who had a bad start a chance to comeback and makes it more interesting. Probably play Paddyjoe tommorow evening, and then StephenD08 on Friday. Give the rest of yas a chance to catch up on games!;)

I like that idea Kav1892!
    But yeah, bit stupid having two players with same teams. If StephenD08 wouldnt mind, could he pick a different team?:o Theres still a few good ones left, Athletico, Lyon, Spurs and a few more. If he really doesnt want to, grand but in future it shouldnt be allowed.
    I know people have played 0 but infairness, with COD out last week, the football and rugby the weekend its been a bad time. The only two players really who havent been showing up are Deaglan and StephenD08 and I know both from previous leagues and know there interested and committed so I wouldnt worry.

Yeah but arent we just trying to weed out the inactive players for this one?
    We've dis going a few days now and still some have played 0 so dont hold the active players bak too much either or they'll lose interest...

Btw a thought because everyone is picking the same teams (which btw steve u were last to join this one so i didnt pick arsenal after you but i dont think it will matter) BUT for the next league, how about the champion gets first choice of team, then 2nd place and so on.......so each previous league dictates who gets first choice and then it wud be fair to ban the same team being used twice in one league.....

Flawed Genius 2 - Kav1892 0
    Great game mate.....pity i cudnt finish!! =D Great game.....:cool:

So the better players get the better teams and the weaker players end up with the weaker teams, that's a bit counter-productive i have to say, doesn't really encourage new/weak players to play :confused:

Would also mean i end up with a **** team next time as im not going to do much with Milan, who i only picked to avoid any ''i wanted them too'' debate. If i had known position might influence my next pick, i'd have picked Arsenal too, and i assume a few others would have done the same

The only fair way to do it is either randomly or else ranking, the higher you finish the worse a team you get, evens it out, i

So the better players get the better teams and the weaker players end up with the weaker teams, that's a bit counter-productive i have to say, doesn't really encourage new/weak players to play :confused:

Would also mean i end up with a **** team next time as im not going to do much with Milan, who i only picked to avoid any ''i wanted them too'' debate. If i had known position might influence my next pick, i'd have picked Arsenal too, and i assume a few others would have done the same

The only fair way to do it is either randomly or else ranking, the higher you finish the worse a team you get, evens it out, i

To begin with. der wont be any weak players because anyone that hasnt a hope of winning isnt going to keep active in our league of they are being beaten....we're gonna end up with a fairly tight spread of players where anyone can beat anyone and maybe one result can guarantee that good team for next season.....itd put real emphasis on every game until seasons end, and not just the games between those still in the running for 1st place....everyone needs something to play for....and besides, if the worst players get the best teams then once a player knows he cannot win the league, he will throw the rest of his games for next season......if u want to make every game from start-end competitive, its the way to go.....also when we 2 divisions going it will make staying in the league an achievment to build on for the following season. Again like in the real world.....what ya think?

To begin with. der wont be any weak players because anyone that hasnt a hope of winning isnt going to keep active in our league of they are being beaten....we're gonna end up with a fairly tight spread of players where anyone can beat anyone and maybe one result can guarantee that good team for next season.....itd put real emphasis on every game until seasons end, and not just the games between those still in the running for 1st place....everyone needs something to play for....and besides, if the worst players get the best teams then once a player knows he cannot win the league, he will throw the rest of his games for next season......if u want to make every game from start-end competitive, its the way to go.....also when we 2 divisions going it will make staying in the league an achievment to build on for the following season. Again like in the real world.....what ya think?

if your up and about now i'll play you now im still wide awake and bored watchin shíte and wouldnt mind getting started in the league

played ian-doc lost 5-2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I take exception to this as I'm probably going to end up bottom, based on the way I'm playing at the minute and I've no intention of quitting. I dont just play to win, otherwise I'd never play, I play cause I like to play and hopefully will get better over time. If I don't keep playing I'll stay [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] so hopefully i'll not finish last sometime.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I take exception to this as I'm probably going to end up bottom, based on the way I'm playing at the minute and I've no intention of quitting. I dont just play to win, otherwise I'd never play, I play cause I like to play and hopefully will get better over time. If I don't keep playing I'll stay [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] so hopefully i'll not finish last sometime.

are you up for playing our game now ??? imm online if youre up for it

• Advertisement

good to see that plenty of games were palyed last night :)

Same again tonight? Hopefully ;)

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I take exception to this as I'm probably going to end up bottom, based on the way I'm playing at the minute and I've no intention of quitting. I dont just play to win, otherwise I'd never play, I play cause I like to play and hopefully will get better over time. If I don't keep playing I'll stay cr@p so hopefully i'll not finish last sometime.

I agree but we both know the majority wont tolerate week in week out defeat and still hold interest.....I still believe this is the way to go to ensure every game remains vital and with an edge.....it means every position will count to get ur team :D

thewools wrote: »
    good to see that plenty of games were palyed last night :)

Same again tonight? Hopefully ;)
    I'm supposed to be playing Ian-Doc tonight at 7 so I'll play you or chips afterwards if either of you are on, and I can play the other on thursday, then I'm playing FlawedGenius on friday so I'll have my games done on time.

Maybe if someone could update all the results so far in a post for everybody to see so we all know where we stand and can see who's playing and who's not?

About Kav's idea, I don't think that'd work as the team might give the winner an edge to begin with and they just get an advantage for the next league if they win and so on. The best way would be random out of a hat, maybe someone who's not too shy and has a webcam could do a draw on justin.tv for everyone to watch so it's both fair and impartial??:cool:

I'm supposed to be playing Ian-Doc tonight at 7 so I'll play you or chips afterwards if either of you are on, and I can play the other on thursday, then I'm playing FlawedGenius on friday so I'll have my games done on time.

Can you play now??

thewools wrote: »
    Can you play now??
    Sure, I'll try to get on as soon as possible, might take a bit though, because my PS3 refuses to connect to the internet for ages, but once I'm on it'll be fine.

I didnt understand your idea at first Kav and no I dont think it would work. At the end of the day, no matter how good and tight it is between the ten of us, therel always be 2 or 3 who will struggle and finish near the bottom. I would still like to finish the league even if I was in last place and had nothing really to play for. Isnt it better playing in this league, than playing an unranked or ranked match against a stranger or some pr!ck who sends you abuse after the match? No matter how bad your doing its still better than that IMO. As wccarey said its not all about winning. Look at the Xbox one. They finish all their games!
    I agree with Stephen, i think we should defo do random teams, although I think most people would be very reluctant to broadcast the draw?!:o Maybe we can just trust the person thats doing the draw?? I certainly wouldnt rig it or anything like that.
    Hopefully tonight we get a few matches played as tommorow is out with the match. Il post up all results later if a few are played tonight.:)

Sure, I'll try to get on as soon as possible, might take a bit though, because my PS3 refuses to connect to the internet for ages, but once I'm on it'll be fine.

i'll play you after you play thewools if you like just let me know on here and i'll lash on the playstation :) if not i'll play you after 7 then

chips1234 wrote: »
    i'll play you after you play thewools if you like just let me know on here and i'll lash on the playstation :) if not i'll play you after 7 then
    I'm playing Ian-Doc later on, so don't want to play all 3 games on one day, but I'll play on thursday if you want, what times will you be free then?:)

I'm playing Ian-Doc later on, so don't want to play all 3 games on one day, but I'll play on thursday if you want, what times will you be free then?:)

anytime during the day from 1-7 will be fine i should be on boards anyways so just send me a pm on here or post in the thread when youre up to play

• Advertisement

chips1234 wrote: »
    anytime during the day from 1-7 will be fine i should be on boards anyways so just send me a pm on here or post in the thread when youre up to play
    Ok, that's fine, will probably play at 5 if you're off at 7, usually not on till after dinner time so can't play much earlier than that.

Advertisement