Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

sd08 wrote: »
    Ok, that's fine, will probably play at 5 if you're off at 7, usually not on till after dinner time so can't play much earlier than that.

that'll be cool i'll make sure im on the ps3 at 5 on thursday then good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

thewools 0 : 1 StephenD08

A Late goal won it for Arsenal :(, Eduardo doesnt miss one on ones unlike my two clowns up front!! :P gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

hi,

ill be online in about a hour,ill be around most of evening so either leave me a messgae here or send me one on ps.hope to get at least 2 matches done tonight.

PSN paddyjoedplumber

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

thewools wrote: »
    thewools 0 : 1 StephenD08

A Late goal won it for Arsenal :(, Eduardo doesnt miss one on ones unlike my two clowns up front!! :P gg
    Yeah, good game, I really didn't deserve to win that, just about got that chance at the end, but by then the game should have been beyond me.

Also played Ian-Doc, 3-1 to him, took his chances well and I couldn't get through his defence at all in the second half, might even have been more but I was able to hold him back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

just played flawed genius,he bet me 4 nil,could of been more.i was all over the place. say ill be battling it out at the bottom of table if that game is anything to go by.

Also text smellolfol and deaglan to see when they can play their games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Ive played 5 now. Most people have only played 2 or 3. Il play my next game on Friday to give people a chance to catch up abit on my 100% record!:D
    When more results come in somebody could copy and paste this into a new post, and then update at the bottom because the results on fifa dont show all results in the league.

Results so far:
    Tribal_Army 2-2 thewools
    wcarey1975 0-4 FlawedGenius
    Ian-DOC 4-4 Kav1892
    wcarey1975 0-3 the wools
    FlawedGenius 2-1 Tribal_Army
    FlawedGenius 2-0 Kav1892
    Ian-DOC 5-2 smelloflLOL
    StephenD08 1-0 thewools
    FlawedGenius 5-0 Ian-DOC
    Ian-DOC 3-1 StephenD08
    Tribal_Army 1-1 Ian-DOC
    FlawedGenius 4-0 Paddyjoedplumber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Well I'm finished work at 7 in the morning so hopefully will be able to get some games cleared by tomorrow. Sporadic PS3 use over the next couple of days so I'll try my best. Will be on all sunday evening if worse comes to worse.

W

About Kav's idea, I don't think that'd work as the team might give the winner an edge to begin with and they just get an advantage for the next league if they win and so on. The best way would be random out of a hat, maybe someone who's not too shy and has a webcam could do a draw on justin.tv for everyone to watch so it's both fair and impartial??:cool:

Agreed, the stronger players shouldnt get the stronger teams, i can see the point he's making but the cons outweigh the pro's, he made comment on players would throw games to get a better team, if anyone done that they'd be pretty sad tbh, why would anyone not just try win the game there playing instead of thinking they MIGHT get a win with a better team a few weeks later if they make no effort to win
    GerCPM wrote: »
    I didnt understand your idea at first Kav and no I dont think it would work.

I agree with Stephen, i think we should defo do random teams, although I think most people would be very reluctant to broadcast the draw?!:o Maybe we can just trust the person thats doing the draw?? I certainly wouldnt rig it or anything like that.

When i brought up the idea of random teams i put up an easy, quick and fair solution.
      You agree on the number of teams and what clubs fill the places. shouldnt be that hard really to pick the best clubs
      ,Then someone does up a list(could be anyone) with the clubs numbered randomly, the person who does the list get's the LAST remaining team
      We each pick a number and the complete list is passed on to show their choice. After the second person gets it, the person who made the list couldn't cheat, he could only change it up until he posts it to the first selector, so if for example the person who made it wants a particular team he only has a 1 in 8 or 9 chance of getting it even if he tried to cheat, so it keeps any cheating to the min'
      Everyone has a fair chance of getting a decent team, picking first isn't an advantage so everyone has a fair chance. Also avoids any Justin TV draws and seems the fairest way to do something online :P

Yeah we should do that, good idea!:)
    Is there anyway we could do the draw electronically though?

Agreed, the stronger players shouldnt get the stronger teams, i can see the point he's making but the cons outweigh the pro's, he made comment on players would throw games to get a better team, if anyone done that they'd be pretty sad tbh, why would anyone not just try win the game there playing instead of thinking they MIGHT get a win with a better team a few weeks later if they make no effort to win

When i brought up the idea of random teams i put up an easy, quick and fair solution.

• You agree on the number of teams and what clubs fill the places. shouldnt be that hard really to pick the best clubs
    • ,Then someone does up a list(could be anyone) with the clubs numbered randomly, the person who does the list get's the LAST remaining team
    • We each pick a number and the complete list is passed on to show their choice. After the second person gets it, the person who made the list couldn't cheat, he could only change it up until he posts it to the first selector, so if for example the person who made it wants a particular team he only has a 1 in 8 or 9 chance of getting it even if he tried to cheat, so it keeps any cheating to the min'
    • Everyone has a fair chance of getting a decent team, picking first isn't an advantage so everyone has a fair chance. Also avoids any Justin TV draws and seems the fairest way to do something online :P
    I have come up with a solution to this problem of fairness and the like, to make sure this draw is fair, it may seem confusing though so I'll try to explain it carefully.
    • Player A(for example Gilberto) will ask everybody to individually PM their choice of number from 1-10 to him.
    • Player B(for example me) will independently compile a list from 1-10 of each of the teams we will be using.
    • When Giberto has gotten everybody's choice of number I will then PM him the list of teams with their corresponding numbers I have come up with.
    • He can then post the list up for everybody to see their teams.
    • Gilberto can pick whatever number he likes whenever, as he won't know what teams are at what number.
    • When the other 9 numbers are picked I will be left with the remaining number, since I don't know what this will be I won't be able to rig the teams to suit myself.
    This seems to be the simplest way to do this draw, and it should come out fair, we can even do a dummy draw beforehand to make sure it's fair, i.e Gilberto just gives everyone numbers and I pick the teams and we see what we end up like, if this works out then we should be fine for the actual draw.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

To add to the above post I've gotten 15 good, even 4.5* teams.
    What I propose is that all 15 are put into a list and the 10 people pick then each pick a number between 1 and 15.
    Advantages
    • There's a fair list of the different teams available.
    • People won't have to think of teams when loads have been picked already.
    • Late-comers won't be left out with crap teams.
    • Some teams will be left over so we don't have all the same teams in every league, adds some variety.
    The List
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Man City
    Spurs
    Bordeaux
    Lyon
    Bayern Munich
    Wolfsburg
    A.C Milan
    Juventus
    Roma
    Atlético Madrid
    Sevilla
    Valencia
    Villareal

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

To add to the above post I've gotten 15 good, even 4.5* teams.
    What I propose is that all 15 are put into a list and the 10 people pick then each pick a number between 1 and 15.
    Advantages
    • There's a fair list of the different teams available.
    • People won't have to think of teams when loads have been picked already.
    • Late-comers won't be left out with crap teams.
    • Some teams will be left over so we don't have all the same teams in every league, adds some variety.
    The List
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Man City
    Spurs
    Bordeaux
    Lyon
    Bayern Munich
    Wolfsburg
    A.C Milan
    Juventus
    Roma
    Atlético Madrid
    Sevilla
    Valencia
    Villareal
    I like this idea :p:D

thewools 0 -1 Kav

Another disaster in front of goal... My keeper should be shot - he went in for a tackle and jumped over the ball i think... whereas at the other end Almunia saved an unreal shot when my striker was tapping her home into an "empty" net... :(

Next time :rolleyes:

So every1 knows d current situation!! :D
    Hope its formatted right when i go to post!! :rolleyes:

1 Flawed Genius 5 5 0 0 15
    2 Ian-DOC 5 2 2 1 8
    3 Tribal_Army 5 2 2 1 8
    4 thewools 4 1 1 2 4
    5 Kav1892 4 1 1 2 4
    6 StephenD08 2 1 0 1 3
    7 smellofLOL 1 0 0 0 0
    8 Deaglan 0 0 0 0 0
    9 wcarey1975 2 0 0 0 0
    10 paddyjoedplumber 2 0 0 0 0

Kav1892 wrote: »
    So every1 knows d current situation!! :D
    Hope its formatted right when i go to post!! :rolleyes:

1 Flawed Genius 5 5 0 0 15
    2 Ian-DOC 5 2 2 1 8
    3 Tribal_Army 5 2 2 1 8
    4 thewools 4 1 1 2 4
    5 Kav1892 4 1 1 2 4
    6 StephenD08 2 1 0 1 3
    7 smellofLOL 1 0 0 0 0
    8 Deaglan 0 0 0 0 0
    9 wcarey1975 2 0 0 0 0
    10 paddyjoedplumber 2 0 0 0 0

As i suspected it didnt come out right!! :P
    Maybe we create a facebook/bebo page etc where we keep the table posted?

And personally i think some lads need to get some games played STAT!! :p

Looks like a one horse race.... :eek:

Im still in the stables...:P

im playing 2 games tomorrow which would leave only you to play i can play you tomorrow aswell if it suits you?

http://boardsire.leaguerepublic.com/

Sorted that.

I used that site before it's fairly handy and looks more professional then bebo or a facebook :P

Sorted that.

I used that site before it's fairly handy and looks more professional then bebo or a facebook :P

Very Nice - fair play!!!

thewools wrote: »
    Very Nice - fair play!!!

are you up for hopping off me today ??:D

• Advertisement

Sorted that.

F*cking brilliant mate! That looks absolutely savage!
    One quick question! Do we post our own results or do u look after that??

Btw what is the league format? Do we have playoffs or just a straight out league? And i should hav a few very active mates for next season if i can get them off COD!! :p:)

Last thing is that im in hospital till saturday so after about 5 today i wont be bak online or on dis until saturday evening.....soz bout that :confused:

F*cking brilliant mate! That looks absolutely savage!
    One quick question! Do we post our own results or do u look after that??

Btw what is the league format? Do we have playoffs or just a straight out league? And i should hav a few very active mates for next season if i can get them off COD!! :p:)

Last thing is that im in hospital till saturday so after about 5 today i wont be bak online or on dis until saturday evening.....soz bout that :confused:

are you able to play in the next hour or so say bout half 1, 2 o clock?

Yeah no probs

Yeah no probs

grand i 'll be on at half one then good luck

anyone else able to play now let me know

kav1892 3-2 smelloflol

Well done Gilberto that looks f*cking class!:D
    SmellofLoL il play u later if u want????add me

Well done Gilberto that looks f*cking class!:D
    SmellofLoL il play u later if u want????add me

i can play you about 3 if you like i sent you a match invite after my game with kav dont think you seen it though

Can you play later as in this evening?

• Advertisement

Can you play later as in this evening?

im able to play up till about 6.30 tonight think im playing wcarey and paddyjoedplumber at around 5

Advertisement