Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FIFA10 online league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm on now if anyone wants a game

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Yeah, I'm free to play now, added you there so tell me when you're available and we'll play.:)

Just booting up fifa now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

ill be on in about a hour if yous are still on then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

anyone on know want to play i'll be on 15 minutes

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm on now, I'll play our game when you're on if you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

ill be back on bout 9,after x factor!

:rolleyes: Luck continues to be against me in this league. Played two games today, beat WCarey 1-0 in the first, hit the post three times, two other chances went inexplicabily wide, and only some good defending kept my lead.

After that played smellofLOL, go behind to a ridiculously lucky goal, keeper saves a long ranger that's going wide anyway, up into the air and somehow Ashley Young outjumps Abou Diaby who just stands there, after that I pushed up and did get the equaliser but the winner just wouldn't go in, two one on ones decided to go nowhere and then right at the end was playing a lovely through ball to set Arshavin away but Fabregas decides to pass it completely the other way!:confused:

Anyway, two good games, nothing against either of the players themselves because they just played like they always would, my annoyance is purely directed at the game itself/the computer.
    Results, Vs WCarey:1-0
    Vs smellofLOL: 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Some results for you to update Gilberto..
    Flawed5-1Smeolloflol
    StephenD08 4-1Paddyjoedplumber
    Deaglan 1-0wcarey1975
    Paddyjoedplumber0-5the wools
    Flawed 3-1thewools
    Deaglan2-0paddyjoedplumber
    Tribal Army3-0Stephend08
    StephenD08 1-0wcarey1975
    wcarey1975 1-3smelloflol
    StephenD08 1-1smelloflol

I think its important we post all results for Gilberto to update the league because on the recent games on the fifa league on fifa it only shows the last 10 games. Itd be hard to remember all exact results and we might get confused.
    I havent played StephenD08 yet. He said hed probably play me on Tuesday hes just getting warmed up for the big one he said;)
    Will I start playing my 2nd batch of games yet??:)

GerCPM wrote: »
    Some results for you to update Gilberto..
    Flawed5-1Smeolloflol
    StephenD08 4-1Paddyjoedplumber
    Deaglan 1-0wcarey1975
    Paddyjoedplumber0-5the wools
    Flawed 3-1thewools
    Deaglan2-0paddyjoedplumber
    Tribal Army3-0Stephend08
    StephenD08 1-0wcarey1975
    wcarey1975 1-3smelloflol
    StephenD08 1-1smelloflol

I think its important we post all results for Gilberto to update the league because on the recent games on the fifa league on fifa it only shows the last 10 games. Itd be hard to remember all exact results and we might get confused.
    I havent played StephenD08 yet. He said hed probably play me on Tuesday hes just getting warmed up for the big one he said;)
    Will I start playing my 2nd batch of games yet??:)

you can add smelloflol 4-0 paddyjoetheplumber to that aswell

• Advertisement

sd08 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Luck continues to be against me in this league. Played two games today, beat WCarey 1-0 in the first, hit the post three times, two other chances went inexplicabily wide, and only some good defending kept my lead.

After that played smellofLOL, go behind to a ridiculously lucky goal, keeper saves a long ranger that's going wide anyway, up into the air and somehow Ashley Young outjumps Abou Diaby who just stands there, after that I pushed up and did get the equaliser but the winner just wouldn't go in, two one on ones decided to go nowhere and then right at the end was playing a lovely through ball to set Arshavin away but Fabregas decides to pass it completely the other way!:confused:

Anyway, two good games, nothing against either of the players themselves because they just played like they always would, my annoyance is purely directed at the game itself/the computer.
    Results, Vs WCarey:1-0
    Vs smellofLOL: 1-1.

in fairness i had two chances at the very death to win, the second one i pressed square to shoot and would of def scored cos i was inside the 6 yard box and agbonlahor just ran it straight to your keeper.Has anyone noticed that at all were your bashing square yet it takes the player a while to cop on to it ??

Right the table on FIFA is now ruined, i was playing WCarey there and was 1-0 up about to hit a FK in the 36th min' when the connection went, checked the results and it gave him a 3-0 win, strange as my PSN never disconnected.

It even went a second time as we were messaging, was only been logged out of EA and not PSN

He was going to give me the win but i just asked for my 1-0 lead and he could have the time back

http://boardsire.leaguerepublic.com/ as of now

That puts me clear in second place and ill reiterate the call again now for rankings for the next one, nobody can say its because i'm doing bad, i just think its the fairest option

We seem to have 3 mini leagues going, some players seem fairly weak and openly admit it, some are decent but just lack consistency and i think a few are above average, not fair on the lads down the bottom who aren't been given a fair chance, i think they should have a team advantage, would even it out more

The random pick would be grand but it would only be fair if we were all in or around the same level

chips1234 wrote: »
    in fairness i had two chances at the very death to win, the second one i pressed square to shoot and would of def scored cos i was inside the 6 yard box and agbonlahor just ran it straight to your keeper.Has anyone noticed that at all were your bashing square yet it takes the player a while to cop on to it ??
    Yeah, I know, sorry it was a bit of a rant, but the game has just been getting to me, you did have those chances, and I thought I brought my keeper out well but yeah he probably should have shot earlier. I sometimes get the worse one where he actually leaves the ball behind and then falls over trying to shoot it.

I think if we see more people wanting to join the league we could split it in two divisions with the top people from this staying in the top division and the bottom going into a second division with any of the new comers, and having some kind of promotion/relegation between both. That way nearly everybody will have something to play for.

So you replayed him Gilberto and you won 3-0??:confused:
    What do you propose for the weaker players?? Maybe the bottom 5 have 5 star teams? And the top 5 only have 4.5?
    Or we have a 3, 3 team leagues???no way:)

GerCPM wrote: »
    So you replayed him Gilberto and you won 3-0??:confused:
    What do you propose for the weaker players?? Maybe the bottom 5 have 5 star teams? And the top 5 only have 4.5?
    Or we have a 3, 3 team leagues???no way:)

Ya we replayed, just did it through the unranked option so we can play the second game through the league system.

Scored my best goal so far, in the 3-0 game, a rocket from about 40 yards up on the right hand side with Pirlo

I don't mind taking a 4.5 team, anything below against a Chelsea or a Barca would be a bit too hard, i only really hate playing an equal player who has one of the top 3, no problems with a weaker player, will give them a better chance.

It's a shame we didnt get any more replies since we started so we could look to split things up and have two decent sized leagues. Where are all the PS3 players?? :confused:

Ya we replayed, just did it through the unranked option so we can play the second game through the league system.

Scored my best goal so far, in the 3-0 game, a rocket from about 40 yards up on the right hand side with Pirlo

I don't mind taking a 4.5 team, anything below against a Chelsea or a Barca would be a bit too hard, i only really hate playing an equal player who has one of the top 3, no problems with a weaker player, will give them a better chance.

It's a shame we didnt get any more replies since we started so we could look to split things up and have two decent sized leagues. Where are all the PS3 players?? :confused:
    Think we might need to advertise it better, not too many people do be browsing the FIFA/PES forum on here so there's not much activity, although there seems to be plenty of interest in the XBOX leagues and stuff:confused:. If any of you have ever been on the official forums you'd see that the majority of people, in clubs at least, seem to be on PS3.
    Maybe we could put some advertising in signatures so that when we post in other parts of boards people that wouldn't otherwise look here can see and might be interested in joining?

Ideally itd be good to have 2 leagues. But then its more likely to fall apart. At the moment this one seems to be going well and everybody is still interested. If we can find 7-10 commited players who want just stop playing after a few losses, great, but the more people, the harder it is to get games played, communicate etc.:o

Obviously didn't mean one giant league but even if we could get two 7's or 8's going that would be enough.

We already have 10 in this one, another 4 or 6 could see two leagues

Aint seem to be any posters doh, HTCP(or something along those lines) posted recently, but no one else really.

Where are ye?... let's be having you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

in my defence i'm [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL]. only 1 goal scored in total tells it's own story and it was lucky:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I still have to play smellofLOL and Deaglan in this round.

Either of ye available to play today after 5???

If not can I play one of my second round games against players which I have already played?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

il be on around 5 or 6 if yer about for our game
    -deaglan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

Lads is it too late to join now?? If not, what is the league name and abbreviation etc. as the one given in the first post of this thread doesnt seem to work

thanks a mil

thewools wrote: »
    I still have to play smellofLOL and Deaglan in this round.

Either of ye available to play today after 5???

If not can I play one of my second round games against players which I have already played?

i wont be able to play till tomorrow whatever time your available i'll play,you can start your second round if you like as long as your on tomorrow i'll def be able to play.gilberto will you be on tomorrow to play aswell i still have to play you aswell

Dante09 wrote: »
    Lads is it too late to join now?? If not, what is the league name and abbreviation etc. as the one given in the first post of this thread doesnt seem to work

thanks a mil

its def too late were almost half way through id say try and get a few more names and start another league so when both leagues are finished we can get two leagues going at one time like gilberto_eire has said in this thread

il be on around 5 or 6 if yer about for our game
    -deaglan

Be online in 10-15 okay?

thewools 3 : 1 Deaglan

Good game - I got off to best of starts scoring from the kickoff... :D Hit the woodwork a few times then too before going 3 up... Deaglan got one back and thats the way it finished!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Kav1892 (5) - WCAREY (0)

Had an uncomfortable first half against him.....the Hulk caused a few problems! :D

Lost again lads. Seems like the standard in the league is REALLY high and am completely out of my depth. I needed I can stay on till the end of the campaign but if not I'd like to withdraw until the range of players skill level goes down with more players. Pity as it's the best setup PS3 league so far and I was looking forward to completing in a decent league. But aside from the game I only lost 1-0 to deglan he still had enough to put me away 4-5 nil. I dont mind losing every game, and anyone who's played me can testify that I'm no quitter, losing 3,4 or 5 nil game after game with pretty much me not being in the game isn't really a good experience. Anyway lads good luck to all. And I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Kav1892 (5) - WCAREY (0)

Had an uncomfortable first half against him.....the Hulk caused a few problems! :D

Was that between the 5-7 minute or the 22-23 minute... Other than the shot that I crashed against the post from 25 yrds, which was fortunate to get anyway, I didnt contribute anything to the game well except from tipping off 6 times...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Going for another game just for the hell of it

Advertisement