Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 10...So what do you think?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just started with the new game - great that the patch is already released.

As the reviewers have been saying - not many additions but a much more polished game. Tactic page is brilliant. Find the game a bit easier but it's early stages yet.

Started as United - Sold Nani for 11M

Bought
    - Preto
    - Beckham
    - Van Nistlerooy
    - Lloris
    - Srna
    - Dudu

Who are you starting as? First thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Started as West Ham.

Im struggling to sign top quality players, ive got Beckham and Landon Donovan coming on a free in January, untill then i will most likely work with the gifted youngsters already at the club. Junior Stanislas, Zavon Hines and Jack Collison are very very good.

As for the game itself, it just seems slicker than last year. The "Backroom Advice" option is great. Cant fault anything at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Still waiting on mine, just a quick question, can u change the skins to be more like the old one? The one drived me mad on the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Can anyone tell me whats new from last years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'm very pleased with this years offering, no big massive new gimmick to drive sales, just polish of what I thought was an excellent 2009 game.

Started off as chelsea and by september they transfer embargo was slapped on me lol.

Signed Eden Hazard and Edin Dezko at the start of the game and my god are they not inspiring signings, Dezko is a goal machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Excellent so far, started as Shelbourne as always. Have mainly stuck with the actual squad so far. Top of the league after 15 games. As said, there isn't much new in the game, its just done alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

still waiting for my zavvi copy to arrive.

Im in a catch 22 situation, i cant play fm09 because i know the game wont be played once i get fm10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Meh its ok. I got it from a friend for free, nothing that great. Started with Derry City doing ok so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

The white skin is doing my head in, but it's good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

How much is this to buy in the shops lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    How much is this to buy in the shops lads??

I paid 35 in Xtra Vision last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Think its great - started with QPR and have just won promotion thanks to my strike force of H.Camara and R.Lewandowski (sp??)

Impressed with the backroom advice as well while I also think the new Touchline instructions are great especially when a goal down (Pump Ball into Box is a great option)

Impressive players so far for Championship level clubs:

Ben Watson (was on loan from Wigan)
    Lewandowski (signed from Lech for 2.8m - goal machine)
    Henri Camara (Excellent Poacher)
    Ludovik (FB & CB at Udinese at the beginning, great ball playing CB for 1.1m)
    Ottosen (great CB attributes - Heading, Tackling, Pace etc...)
    Poulsen (Danish LW - lots and lots of assists and MOM awards and can be got for 1.4m)

Its going to be an interesting PRM season, just deciding on where to strengten the squad to stay up!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

very good game really like how the 3d engine is working now, and runs pretty fast considering i have larege datebase and few leagues.
    Started with man utd as i always do to get head round the new edition, signed hernevan from fulham, miguel veloso and vargas from fiorentina, missed out on toulanan who i tried an exchange for nani but nani moaned bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Yeah Lewandowski usually is great for Championship teams.

Similar to Ben Watson you should try and get Jonjo Shelvey - his stats aren't great but he develops into a great player.

In my game it has Ryan Gigg's second nationality as Sierra Leonian!

Also is anyone whose playing a Utd file losing about 8 million per month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Real FM wrote: »
    Yeah Lewandowski usually is great for Championship teams.

Similar to Ben Watson you should try and get Jonjo Shelvey - his stats aren't great but he develops into a great player.

In my game it has Ryan Gigg's second nationality as Sierra Leonian!

Also is anyone whose playing a Utd file losing about 8 million per month?

His grandfather is from Sierra Leone.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/04/10/ryan-giggs-my-hell-at-the-hands-of-racist-school-bullies-115875-20378161/

I had no idea either until i googled it!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

It looks good to me so far - cannot put the same time into it that I used to. Really struggle to get to the end of a season. Is it just me (maybe growing up??) or is the game a little less addictive than it was in the early days of FM or CM in it's SI days?

Don't get me wrong - it is still a great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

It looks good to me so far - cannot put the same time into it that I used to. Really struggle to get to the end of a season. Is it just me (maybe growing up??) or is the game a little less addictive than it was in the early days of FM or CM in it's SI days?

Don't get me wrong - it is still a great game...

It's not just you. I really struggled to get into FM2009 and I'm still undecided on whether I should get this game or not. I think it is a little less addictive but it could be growing up too.

Is it worth getting then lads?

It's not just you. I really struggled to get into FM2009 and I'm still undecided on whether I should get this game or not. I think it is a little less addictive but it could be growing up too.

If you can pick up a deal somewhere (I preordered mine with Zavvi and got it yesterday) then yeah I think it's worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Xtravision sell PC games?

Does anyone know if xtravision in Stillorgan have it, I have never noticed PC games up there.

Sendit have it for 34 euro, but I would prefer to get it in my hands right now. Otherwise it's back to FM08 and my Juventus game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Was gonna buy it today but it was 45 in my Gamestop! Cheeky buggers not paying that for it,Ill wait for Smiths or Xtravision to get it back in or order it ftom zavvi r the likes.How long do zavvi take to deliver?

• Advertisement

I got mine yesterday or no it was today (been a long day) - I seen that some people in the UK had their's early. I had it on pre-order so not sure. Delivery doc says that it was shipped on the 29th of Oct.
    NB : There is some sort of mail strike in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Went to get it in Gamestop, 45 euro...get outta that garden! Went into HMV and it was 35 euro and I got a free FM mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I agree with you about last years game, I hated the 3D matches they were slow and annoying.

But I went out and got the new one and I have to say its much better than last year especially the 3D matches, they are enjoyable now and are very smooth. Also they layout is much more easier to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

PCros wrote: »
    I agree with you about last years game, I hated the 3D matches they were slow and annoying.

But I went out and got the new one and I have to say its much better than last year especially the 3D matches, they are enjoyable now and are very smooth.

Hmmm, I always just turn the 3d matches off and put it on fastest commentary... do you guys watch the whole match or just the highlights or what way do u do it? Does it not take ages? Might have to watch them this year for the sideline instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I turn the 3D off because it makes the game run slow on my laptop, I watch the goal highlights in 2D mostly and run the game commentary medium speed, I like to be able to see how the team are playing and how the match is going and some of the bigger matchs i'll watch slower etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Julez wrote: »
    Hmmm, I always just turn the 3d matches off and put it on fastest commentary... do you guys watch the whole match or just the highlights or what way do u do it? Does it not take ages? Might have to watch them this year for the sideline instructions.

No you can select 'key moments' which shows you goals, near misses, cards etc. Wouldn't watch the whole match. Its cool to use the sideline instructions as you said because you get to see them implement them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bought it the other day!! not alot extra done to it but its a much better game than 09!!! took us a while to get used to the new screen etc, speed of the game is brilliant like the old championship manger games!!!

find it alot easier to win this year or maybe its the 4132 tactic im using;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The main screen is a lot more "busy" and complicated than before. It seems like FM09 but a bit extra added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

i'm thinking of buying it, do you guys think it's worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

no

Advertisement