Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner Visa

Options
  • 30-10-2009 1:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

Hi There,

I got offered a sponsorship for a job in USA, problem is i want to bring my partner with me, we have been together almost 10 years so I defineatly dont want to be leaving him behind :)
    My question is, since weve been together so long, will he fall under the "spouse"category? if not what other options do we have?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What visa did you get? In some cases, no partner is allowed at all, but in most other cases, where a partner is allowed, it is for married couples and their kids only. I can't off-hand think of a US visa that allows common law partners, but if you tell me the type of visa, I can find out for sure (I came to the USA on a spousal visa myself).

The onyl other options are a work visa for him separately from yours, if he qualifies, or if you have money saved he could go for a student viss.

Advertisement