Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughable - banned from Motors!

Options
  • 30-10-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

LOL ... Anan1 has banned me from motors for a week ... boo!

I don't care if it's a lifetime ban, because you don't moderate and then come on and side with your friends. This guy was allowed to misrepresent me on a continual basis, and make defamatory comments on an ongoing basis. You were just waiting for a chance to do this. It's pathetic. Boards has a reputation for attracting people with the mentality of a 10 year old. It's not surprising.

The problem with boards is that you've become a runaway success, not through doing anything radical, but rather by getting in early. You'd do well to remember what a huge hit 'Napster' and 'Friendster' USED to be. If you don't cop yourselves on you'll go the same way. You'll have your thread mates to keep you company, but not many others. The problem with the obvious contempt towards posters which moderators regularly display is that no posters = no boards.

Go take a look on alexa. com and read the comments.

PS: On a general note, I find it ironic that you take a subject like drink - driving so casually that you allow someone with a 10 year old's mentality to troll a thread like 'drummerboy08' did.

It usually goes like this on boards: Moderator only makes posts agreeing with the biggest twit on the thread. Moderator then bans someone and twit adds thanks, as do most mods. Lovely happy family ( but not great for growing the popularity of the site )

You can ban me for the afterlife too if it makes you feel better. Just remember as a rule website life is short on the internet, and if this is the best you can achieve to further boards.ie, there's a lot to worry about.

Incidentally, the word 'diahorrea' is not uncivil when stacked up against '****', which you allow across all the forums. Boards is the only forum I know that allows this. Classy. But then again, like everything else I guess if it's one of your mates that does it it's okay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Cutting out the majority of the drivel above, what exactly is the issue here?

Do you want us to actually look into it for you, or are you just venting for the sake of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mikkael

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Cutting out the majority of the drivel above, what exactly is the issue here?

Do you want us to actually look into it for you, or are you just venting for the sake of it?

Thanks but no thanks. Your reply is a prime example of what the problem is. It's impossible to debate anything on boards in any depth. Terms like 'drivel' and 'venting' might impress the mates, but of course avoids dealing with any points raised. The thread in question was the same.

Obviously intelligent debate is not to be found on boards. Actually if you'd like, extend the ban to 10 years.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Fair enough. Thread closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement