Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Bs

• 30-10-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to book a room for a couple of nights in Ennis. I was looking at the West County Hotel which is very reasonable but I am not sure how close it is to to the town centre. We want to be pretty central, has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

West county should be fine, it's about a 5 minute walk to the town centre, but if you want to be right in the middle, the Temple Gate, Old Ground Hotel, Queens hotel or Ashford court are smack in the middle of town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

West County is about 5 minutes walk from Town Centre. Dont know what rates are like for The Old Ground Hotel or The Temple Gate Hotel. Both these hotels are in the town centre. The West county is about 10 minute walk from the main bars and clubs.Pretty much a straight road too, so not much fear of getting lost.

Edit: Akrasia beat me to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

It really depends what you want.. if youre in town partying and going out then I'd stay in the Old ground, temple gate or queens.
    old ground can be a bit more pricey though, temple gate slightly less so and the queens should be fairly cheap but be aware its attached to a night club and near all the busier bars.

West county is a bit out of town as is the auburn lodge but both have leisure centres etc they should be around the same in price.
    personally i'd pick the temple gate or the auburn lodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I had a look at Queens, its looks cool and with the two nightclubs there should be plenty of revellers around. Its only 100 quid for a room for two nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

Lux23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to book a room for a couple of nights in Ennis. I was looking at the West County Hotel which is very reasonable but I am not sure how close it is to to the town centre. We want to be pretty central, has anyone got any suggestions?
    I have stayed at The Temple Gate.
    It is spot on and very central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

We stayed in the Woodstock hotel which is on the outskirts during the summer and really liked the place & food. They have a courtesy bus and are very good at dropping you in and picking up. Check them on Tripadvisor, that's where we saw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

West County is a bit of a dive. There's a reason it's cheap. When I worked in the airport the air hostesses and pilots were always bitching about it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Do residents still get into the Queens Nightclub free? They did the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Akrasia wrote: »
    West county should be fine, it's about a 5 minute walk to the town centre,

5 min walk, 10 min walk? Do ye lot work for estate agents? hence no concept of how far things are from the town centre? I live half way between the west county and town and it still takes me minimum of 10 minutes to get to the cathedral.
    You would not be walking back to the west county after a night out, its a taxi ride for sure.
    Try the temple gate, or the queens. Or there is a B&B there on station road, Grey Gables. Now that would be a 5 minute walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

We booked Queens which I think looks like it may be a laugh, the fact that it has two nightclubs will probably be keeping older couples and families. Wahey!

• Advertisement
Advertisement