Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with mac mail program

• 30-10-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

When sending mail from my eircom email account the receiver can receive it but it states it is from my gmail account.

Originally my outgoing eircom email account which I use the IMac mail program for would not go out, it stated the Outgoing Mail Server was (Offline) but I could receive mail to my eircom account. So I then set up a gmail account that allowed me to send and receive. Then I merged the gmail account into my IMac mail program.

Then I went into the Imac mail settings and changed the Outgoing Mail Server from mail (offline) to smtp.gmail.com along with my gmail email address. This then allowed me to send mail from my eircom account but the receiver states it is from my gmail account.

If it helps, we are on Perligo for our telephone account but our broadband box is an eircom one.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
    Warwick

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Find out the outgoing email server perlico have and set this as your outgoing server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Alternatively, Gmail will allow your eircom address if you configure it as a custom 'From' address in Gmail.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22370
    Your second option is to use Gmail's outbound servers with a different "from" address. If you've already configured the custom from address in the web interface, your message will be sent from otheraddress@domain.com, sender:username@gmail.com, regardless of which custom from configuration you chose. Your messages will be sent from your regular Gmail address if you never configured your custom from settings in the web interface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You should of bought a PC.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

What a pointless post, the problem is nothing to do with it being a mac

Advertisement