Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearoid Walsh (Eirebhoy) Charity 5 a side: Poker Forum Team(s)

Options
  • 30-10-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

As you all know, or if you dont go here , the Soccer forum are organising a charity 5 a side memorial tournament for Gearoid Walsh.

Since Gearoid posted here on occasion and since a lot of our posters frequently contribute and have had discussion with Gearoid I think it would be good if we had a team or two in the tournament.

I'm sure we will at least get one team, if not 2 or 3, given the level of interest we have had before.

So if you are interested in taking part would you please post your interest here.

Everything is provisional at the moment but having a list of interested parties to go through will make it easier when details are finalised.

Cheers lads.

Comments

Count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

maybe a mod could merge this into the stickied thread and edit the title a little to include this new part? just in case it gets lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I'll play if i havent left for america yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I'll sticky this one and de-sticky the other one. I think everyone has paid their respects on the main Condolences thread in the Soccer Forum. I think it'd be better to just have a dedicated thread here for the Memorial 5-a-side to hopefully get more people to participate.

Once again RIP Eirebhoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Stick me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'll play if the date suits, I'm even worse at soccer then I am at poker though, so you have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I'll play, hope the day suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hey lads, Neil pmed me, should have date and venue finalised in the next few days.

I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Hopefully back for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Ill get a team together for this

• Advertisement

The date has been confirmed for this 29th Nov.

Thats Sunday 2 Weeks from now.

Anyone who can/can't play should post here and let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 david1903

Hi All, Sorry I'm not 2 sure how to use this I was trying to post this somewhere else but it wouldn't let me! My name is Mairead, Gearoid Walsh (Eirebhoy) sister. I just wanted to thank you all for your support over the last few weeks. Gearoid spended more than half his day on the internet now we know what he was doing!! Great to know that he was liked so much, his life was football. Again thanks so much for the support my mam has also read some comments and it keeps the spirts up. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Mairead xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Steve

Only back from an ankle injury and will only be playing me first game back this week. If all goes well I'd love to get involved.

Can you stick me down as an alternative in case you don't get enough bodies? Basically if you are stuck I'll turn up, but i'm happy enough if you have the numbers.

Thanks

Inski

Have we a keeper for this? Need a proper one if we arent going to get slaughtered, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

david1903 wrote: »
    Hi All, Sorry I'm not 2 sure how to use this I was trying to post this somewhere else but it wouldn't let me! My name is Mairead, Gearoid Walsh (Eirebhoy) sister. I just wanted to thank you all for your support over the last few weeks. Gearoid spended more than half his day on the internet now we know what he was doing!! Great to know that he was liked so much, his life was football. Again thanks so much for the support my mam has also read some comments and it keeps the spirts up. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Mairead xxx

your mam made me proud to be Irish, btw.

careca wrote: »
    Have we a keeper for this? Need a proper one if we arent going to get slaughtered, imo.

Can we get the man mountain known as Llyod to play?

I have to withdraw from this lads, sorry. I hurt my ankle pretty badly at training last night. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Is this game on, do we have players ? I'm still on for this still cant run much due to calf strain so we deffo need a full team Also direction to the place please

Lads,

sick busy all week. Sorting this now. Will post in here before 5 today confirming or not whether this is going ahead.

We could be short numbers.

• Advertisement

Ok lads,

so far Ive gotten payments from Careca, Jackyback and Willie.

Thats only four people playing. I reckon we will need at LEAST 6.

I think we'll have to give it a miss unless someone has any ideas.

Ok lads,

so far Ive gotten payments from Careca, Jackyback and Willie.

Thats only four people playing. I reckon we will need at LEAST 6.

I think we'll have to give it a miss unless someone has any ideas.

Ok Steve, thanks for trying anyway.

Will you be able to send back the money to Willie (he paid for me). If not let me know and I'll get it to him somehow. Cheers.

careca wrote: »
    Ok Steve, thanks for trying anyway.

Will you be able to send back the money to Willie (he paid for me). If not let me know and I'll get it to him somehow. Cheers.

Yeah will ship it all back straight away.

Cancelled? Send the money on to the family

Cancelled? Send the money on to the family

Will do it now.

Advertisement