Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBoard Help From a Social Science Student

Options
  • 30-10-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I need help from someone in level 3 Social Science whos taking social policy, specifically the module "Policy-making, Implementation & Evaluation (SPOL30010)".

It will be another week before I can pay my fees and in the mean time I'm blocked from viewing it on blackboard because I'm not registerd for the module (again because of fees).
    The programme office is closed, the social policy office is closed (has been for days), the UCD-IT and blackboard support cant help me, neither can admin until the fees are paid, and I've no other way of getting materials.

Is there anyone out there who would be nice enough to download the lecture notes/assignment guidlines etc, and stick them in an email? If so PM me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you ask me that's rather petty - they should let people view any courses once they've a UCD computer account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

Before I reply to the above, blackboard support were kind enough to stick the module folder containing all its blackboard contents into a zip file and email it to me, which, after a day of people saying they could do nothing to help, was refreshing.
    A lot of the recent reforms have made things far more difficult, everything is centralized into a general student desk, they seem to have eliminated any specalization, I remember in 1st year when I had a similar delay because I had to wait to afford the reg fee, and I was able to get the SIS hold removed temporarily because there was an actual human in the finance section to talk to, now all you can do is talk to the student desk (or if your on the phone, the student dest computer), who have the information you need if its just a general inquiry but they dont seem to have any authority of their own.
    There is a rat on a wheel like mechanism that sems to operate in UCD: The Student Desk sends you to the programme office, the programme office sends you to the Student Desk and around and around it goes...

A Social Science student also PM'd me and kindly offerd to help, so thank you to her.

Hugh, your paid half a million a year...could you not come up with a more effecent system than this?

Its not a direct blackboard block as such.

I can get onto the Noveli Client, SIS and Blackboard, but can't load any modules onto the blackboard system. You have to be registerd for the modules to add them in and my registration has been delayed due to the fees...thats absurd...are the course notes for some module a secret? Why cant you just load any module onto your blackboard? are they afraid some crafty philosophy student will go learning medicine on the side?

Hey, same problem again with Sociological Theory Level 2.
    If anyone has the blackboard folder for that they could zip and email I'd appriciate it.
    I tried just getting the exam sheet and reading list from the sociology office, who are usually extremly helpful, but some woman there said, I quote "thats not my problem".
    The fees wont be paid until Wed 18th (had delayed decision on the loan) but the exam submission deadline is Friday this week.

abcdefghijklmnop

Advertisement