Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a phone from vodafone uk work in republic?

• 30-10-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I bought a phone in a vodafone shop in Newry would it just automatically work in dublin or would I have to pay more for sim free?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

The Nokia 5800. They are €240 here and about €200 up in newry.Goin up for xmas.Where would I get it unlocked and how much?Prob not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Prob not worth the hassle.

They might be unlocked already. A lot of phones sold in the UK and NI come unlocked. Varies from providers, you dont need to buy from vodafone if your on vodafone. You can buy t-mobile, orange etc whichever is cheapest and which has an unlocked handset. Ask the guys instore and they will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Get it simfree instead, you get a phone without any network logos and firmware lockdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

I didnt know diferent stores did them unlocked.Thats good news. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I didnt know diferent stores did them unlocked.Thats good news. Thanks for the info.

Most of Carphone Warehouse's phones are unlocked and unbranded - you can find them at The Quays in Newry. You could buy a pay as you go 5800 for £209.95 (including compulsory £10 top up). Here are the prices:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/NOKIA-5800-XPRESSMUSIC/PPAY/NEW

Advertisement