Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Sought on Getting email address with domain name through google

Options
  • 30-10-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi There,
    I recently noticed that some companies are getting there company emails through gmail. Basically it seems like If your name is John and your company is Joe Bloggs with a domain name www.joebloggs.com you can set-up john@joebloggs.con through gmail which helps avoid fees with your hosting company.
    I have tried finding out how to get this facility but am struggling to find a way.
    Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yeah, you need to setup a google apps account. I did it, never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

All Sorted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ontheway

I must admit that this is the best email platform/configuration that I've ever used. So many benefits with this approach over the more traditional methods, yet I still find so many people afraid to step away from the Outlook -> Hosting Company setup, where they spend hours trying to find things or end up being the last person to find out that their inbox is full and bouncing incoming mail.

I can't remember the last time I had such problems. If anyone has not made the switch, I highly recommend it. Then again I must point out, that conducting email communications via Outlook was something that I was never fond of, so I am biased.

[edit]Yes I am aware that you can still use Outlook as your Gmail client, but I don't know why anyone would want to[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

Have ye seen the new Yahoo interface? much better than Gmail... I run several email accounts through it, and it works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

People can easily guess your password from gmail, hotmail, yahoo....just like what happened earlier with the hackers taking all the username and passwords. Would you want this to happen to your important business emails? Its not that easy to hack when you have joe@blogs.com etc.

Business's that use those email would not look professional and a serious business. This is one of the main reasons why people are staying with them....not because they are afraid to leave outlook. They'll still have the emails stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    People can easily guess your password from gmail, hotmail, yahoo....just like what happened earlier with the hackers taking all the username and passwords. Would you want this to happen to your important business emails? Its not that easy to hack when you have joe@blogs.com etc.

Business's that use those email would not look professional and a serious business. This is one of the main reasons why people are staying with them....not because they are afraid to leave outlook. They'll still have the emails stored.

Hi HandWS, I don't think you have gotten what the OP was trying to achieve, they will still have their joe@blogs.com address which can be accessed on the Gmail platform using their servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

oh right....thanks for letting me know. Was unsure what he mean't. Cheers

Advertisement