Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Tottenham, Sat 12.45 SS1

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Paleface wrote: »
    Oooooooh black boards.ie!
    To help with the holiday spirt :D.
    Spurs just stopped playing after 40 minutes.
    Maybe Arsenal just started to play after 40 minutes ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

F*cking embarassing. It's clear that our bench is inhabited by bottlers. A lot of talent but very little heart. Will be glad to be rid of Pav and Bentley. Ridiculous wastes of money. Wasn't expecting a lot from this game but the manner in which we fell to pieces is painful to watch.

Hoping we can play a proper team in the WHL fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Frisbee wrote: »
    Vermaelen got the ball there. How is that a yellow?
    It was a great tackle. How Vermaelen got booked for that and Bentley didnt get booked for hacking Vermaelen down in the first half is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Game very sloppy now. Looks like 3-0.

That was a shocking header from Diaby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Diaby you plank...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus that was a sitter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Thats a decade now isn't it?

Eye on the ball Diaby FFS, eyes closed trying to head the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ooh Alan Hutton. How will Arsenal deal?

• Advertisement

Bentley is a sham of a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bentley is a sham of a footballer.

This is true. He's still lucky to be on the pitch. Should've been off after 8 minutes. Probably may as well be playing with 10 men. He hasn't contributed really bar that free kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Finally first clean sheet since the Olmpiakos game. Great win, very happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Absolutely delighted with that result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

3 goals or more in each of our last six games. I'm happy with that

3 nil to the Arsenal :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Take that Spurs. Should have been more, a 5-0 would have been nice but I'm more than happy to see Arsenal actually hold on to a lead and close a game out. Very satisfying after the quotes coming out of Keane and Redknapp this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kold wrote: »
    F*cking embarassing. It's clear that our bench is inhabited by bottlers. A lot of talent but very little heart. Will be glad to be rid of Pav and Bentley. Ridiculous wastes of money. Wasn't expecting a lot from this game but the manner in which we fell to pieces is painful to watch.

Hoping we can play a proper team in the WHL fixture.

Exactly. I actually thought we'd lose 3 - 0 though I take no joy in being correct. The way we conceded those goals is the worst part of it. There's no excuse for poor defending and from what I've seen on the BBC site, we're lucky not to have been completely mauled by Arsenal today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Quazzie wrote: »
    3 goals or more in each of our last six games. I'm happy with that

Very impressive stat. I agree with what Redknapp said about the maturity of the team compared to Chelsea/Man U and I don't think you'll win the league but Arsenal are starting to become a very strong force again and look set for 3rd at worst this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Spurs were very poor today. They need to get results again and quick!!!!

I think Richard Keys was saying that Spurs could finish as low as 8th depending on results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Arsenal really dominated that second half, great performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

3-0 Get in :) keane and co should keep there mouths shut before matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm delighted with the win. Moreso that we got a rare cleansheet than the 3 goals.
    So much for all the pundits waxing lyrical about Spurs having the best away record in the league. They beat the minnows alright, but got thumped away to Chelsea and Arsenal. They need to compete with those teams if they wnat to break the top 4. Still a good bit to go yet.
    Was happy to see Harry take off Keane after 60 minutes, as not to aggravate his injury. Hopefully he'll be ok for the France game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hurrah! delighted with the clean sheet, disappointed we didn't convert more of those chances. Eduardo should have had a hattrick.

Spurs really lost it though. Started fairly well, contained Arsenal for the large part but then it all went to hell... Surprised at King in particular, never knew he was one to be suckered into the challenge so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So, whens the DVD out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Loved watching the lads knock 3 past the spuds today.

Dont worry Robbie ye might have lost 3 - 0 but atleast ye got the stronger bench :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I watched this game last night in a pub full of spurs fans, although there were a few arsenal fans present as well. Here the kick off was 1:45 at night so you can imagine that things were sloppy. Spurs fans giving it loads, waving flags going on about the 4-4 result (4-2 and you fcuked it up....), generally giving us guff for god knows what reason... for a while I thought there were going to be slaps, the bar man/bouncer had to have words with some on at least 3 occasions in the first 20 minutes of the game..:D Pretty soon the bar divided into 2, one half for Arsenal fans, one for spurs fans. It was all good natured though, nobody had to be thrown out or anything.

Anyway first half lacked life until those 2 quick fire goals, Spurs fans pretty much threw in the towel at this stage. They didnt leave or anything but for some reason werent singing songs...;) My favourite rendition of the night was (Can you hear the spurs fans sing.... NOOOO, NOOO!) ;) Good night overall but my head hurts now and my voice is gone.

It could have been alot more than 3-0. Eduardo been quiet this season and so has arshavin. Diaby should not be starting at all and cant wait to have nasri back. But cant complain about 3 goals against your biggest rivals and a clean sheet to boot. TBH Arsenal never needed to get out of second gear.

Dont think spurs will challenge at all for a top 4 spot, maybe a UEFA cup spot but they seem to brittle for a top four place. Man city are the favorites for this spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Yes the ball was given to him but Fabs goal was something

Advertisement