Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    RandomSelect.ie are doing a night where they book out upstairs in that place on Liffey street.

Mostly fighting games, but would anyone be interested in setting up a retro corner?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1626184767650797/

Hmm, maybe although I might be too interested in EVO itself especially if there's KoFXIII on, that game is such a spectactors fighting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm bringing my Dreamcast.

Only have 1 stick, 2 pads, SoulCalibur / Dead or Alive 2 / Ready 2 Rumble though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Howdy there peeps!

Looking at a Beers in mine before the end of the month...

Let me know the kinda weekends that'll suit folk, and I'll discuss the matter with She Who Must Be Obeyed aka Mrs Ciderman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any time after the weekend of the 15th suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I have a meet up on the 15th in Naas, not sure if I'll be home that evening or staying there or Dublin yet.
    Should be up again since I'm hoping to go to the butterfly farm with Retr0 before it closes at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm good for for most weekends except the 29th as Knavecon is on.

Currently in the process of moving to a bigger place so the Halloween beers will be a good one this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well give me a day and a date or two and I'll get the post
    party planners in!

Actually, how does the 22nd sound?

22nd is good for me.

22nd is good for me.
    Same here but depends on Retr0

Well, as usual, anyone wanting to go and needing directions pm me

• Advertisement

I'm good for for most weekends except the 29th as Knavecon is on.
    I almost forgot, hopefully I'll be here for it this time.
    Currently in the process of moving to a bigger place so the Halloween beers will be a good one this year.
    I better get a copy of The Ring: Terror's Realm

22nd is out :(

Might push it back to early September if that's ok

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    22nd is out :(

Might push it back to early September if that's ok
    But I need my beers fix! Lol jkjk
    It's up to yourself, I don't think anyone would mind extra notice for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whenever suits me really.

OK, gonna try this again....
    September 12th!
    A Saturday night.
    This year, promise....

I don't think I've any plans for September in general.

12th should be okay for me.

Mario Maker Party!

12th should be okay for me.

Mario Maker Party!

Why, when is the release date?

Why, when is the release date?

The 11th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

• Advertisement

OK, gonna try this again....
    September 12th!
    A Saturday night.
    This year, promise....

Just to let you guys know this is going ahead on the 12th of September.
    Anyone that needs directions to my place drop me a PM.
    The more the merrier, haven't seen you shower in ages!
    Might drop a line to the neighbours in the Ninty forum as well.... then play nothing but Xbox for the night ;)

Hopefully we'll manage to take down Black Mask this time:

batbiosmask.jpg

Hopefully we'll manage to take down Black Mask this time:

batbiosmask.jpg

Super Mario Maker will be taking pride of place, surely?

It's the hour or so needed to get accustomed to the dreadful camera and controls that slows down proceedings

Any idea who is in and who is pulling an Enternow?

I'm in there like swimwear.

13038474_s.jpg

You know me, if Retr0's going I'm going, afaik he is or at least said he was on Saturday

You know me, if Retr0's going I'm going, afaik he is or at least said he was on Saturday

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm going to head out to you. I still have Layer Section and Tokyo Bus Guide put aside for you. If anybody needs a lift from the Northside shopping centre area let me know, there will be empty seats.

• Advertisement

I'm going to head out to you. I still have Layer Section and Tokyo Bus Guide put aside for you. If anybody needs a lift from the Northside shopping centre area let me know, there will be empty seats.

I'm sure I have a Ethernet adapter here for someone, was it yourself?

I'm sure I have a Ethernet adapter here for someone, was it yourself?

Yes it was, I picked up a light blue ps2 from Adverts a while back, that's what it's going on to. Still need a decent size hdd, have you any idea what type of hdd I need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yes it was, I picked up a light blue ps2 from Adverts a while back, that's what it's going on to. Still need a decent size hdd, have you any idea what type of hdd I need?

For PS2? The standard way is to get an old 3.5" IDE drive, I've a 120GB in mine (which filled up very quickly). I've been looking at some of the SATA mods out there, some you have to butcher the network adapter but others allow you to leave it as is & use adapters, therefore you can use a 2.5" SATA drive

Sorry, for the standard way it's a 3.5" IDE drive, post edited

Myrddin wrote: »
    Sorry, for the standard way it's a 3.5" IDE drive, post edited

I was planning on asking you to carry out the mod when I gathered all the necessary parts, that's if you had the time of course. I'll have a look for a decent size hd when I get in from work, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

I was planning on asking you to carry out the mod when I gathered all the necessary parts, that's if you had the time of course. I'll have a look for a decent size hd when I get in from work, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

It's hardly even what I'd call a mod, once you know someone who has an already exploited PS2. Luckily for you, I do :D I think all I'll need to do is copy the files from my memory card onto yours & you're all set :)

• Advertisement

Theres a newer softmod called HDD OSD which doesnt require a free mcboot memory card or an existing exploited ps2.

All you do is write an image to the hard drive, pop it in the ps2 and away you go.

Myrddin wrote: »
    For PS2? The standard way is to get an old 3.5" IDE drive, I've a 120GB in mine (which filled up very quickly). I've been looking at some of the SATA mods out there, some you have to butcher the network adapter but others allow you to leave it as is & use adapters, therefore you can use a 2.5" SATA drive

There was chinese 3rd party network adapters with a SATA port but missing the ethernet socket on sale from the likes of dealextreme.

Vectrex Roli installed one in his ps2:

I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere now though.

Doge wrote: »
    Theres a newer softmod called HDD OSD which doesnt require a free mcboot memory card or an existing exploited ps2.

All you do is write an image to the hard drive, pop it in the ps2 and away you go.

Very cool, I hadn't heard of that one cheers. I think I prefer the way FMcB handles things dash wise, but this one is obviously easier to install. Will look more into it :)
    Doge wrote: »
    There was chinese 3rd party network adapters with a SATA port but missing the ethernet socket on sale from the likes of dealextreme.

I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere now though.

Such would be perfect, let me know if you see them listed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You could convert an IDE PS2 phat network adapter with one of these

KeRbDoG wrote: »

You've to butcher the metal shielding though with those, or do you?

• Advertisement

Best I can do is link you to the manufacturer, but they state minimum order quantity of 200!

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/8985359/SATA_PS2_network_adapter_support_SATA_2_5_or_3_5_hard_disk_IDE_network_adapter.html

Maybe you could sweet talk them into selling one or 2? ;)

They also sell parts for the laser:

http://www.hz-game.com/sdp/717275/4/pl-3732631/0-1576163/for_PS2_Series.html

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Sorry Kerb, had a proper look at this & it seems it's a straight swap. Interesting, will have a closer look & consider this cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Any chance I could get a lift to / from Dundrum from you this Saturday?

Just remember, Atavan will be rocking up in swim wear, could make for an awkward drive...
    Eyes FRONT!

I haven't seen Sparks on does he know there's one planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just remember, Atavan will be rocking up in swim wear, could make for an awkward drive...
    Eyes FRONT!

I planned on staring at his crotch the entire time... am I not allowed or something? :-/

MrVestek wrote: »
    I planned on staring at his crotch the entire time... am I not allowed or something? :-/

If you promise not to I'll give you a lift.

I haven't seen Sparks on does he know there's one planned?

Just phoned him today, he and Kirsty are in.
    Might be a couple of other new folk as well, should be a laugh, and I get to work the day of it and the following day, Hooray!

Just phoned him today, he and Kirsty are in.
    Might be a couple of other new folk as well, should be a laugh, and I get to work the day of it and the following day, Hooray!
    Great stuff!
    A rare occurrence the day off afterwards.
    We can stay til 6am so right? :p jkjk.

I'll schedule my breaks in the morning so I don't have to be in until 10am, otherwise I'd have to be on duty for 07:45, and be there until 20:40!
    The previous evening, before the night, I'll be off around half six, giving me time to make myself purdy, dust off the 3DO, put up the "No CDi" sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement