Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh, Forgot the Dubs game is on the same day so will have to turn up a bit late to this but be assured I will be there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got one of those PSone + screen combos here too, want that over?
    Now what else have I?
    Hmm......

The Ngage? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've got one of those PSone + screen combos here too, want that over?
    Now what else have I?
    Hmm......

The Ngage? ;)

I have Tony hawk for the Ngage, but I don't have an Ngage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

My ngage qd died.

Who wants the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're just giving them away I'll take em off your hands :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you're just giving them away I'll take em off your hands :)
    All yours.

I'll have a look for them in the morning.

Sims 2 and some action game (can't remember), and maybe a third.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Ngage, possibly one of the worst ideas by a mainstream company ever,
    remember this?
    ngage-taco.jpg
    not me by the way!

Nearly made a big screw up, thought it was this evening!
    Had the hair done and the best nerd shirt ironed! Creases in the jeans and everything!

So next week?
    Not sure about that, on duty that day, some of us have to earn a living!
    This retro Santa Claus may not be able to make it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. These threads can get a little convoluted.

I fell victim to not knowing the last one was in a basement flat.

So it's next Saturday, the 10th of July.

Anyone who needs my mobile number drop me a PM and I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I should be able to make it. Though not to leave early this time, I'm not walking home late like last time, shooting 100 yards away during the week and now a car set on fire 8 houses along, no chance I'm risking that. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

cool, ill be there

Are you just racking up posts that are just trite responses just to get access to the soccer forum?

Because that's what it looks like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Just occurred to me. I've smash bros melée and gauntlet legends for the n64 I'll bring em along and 3 controllers if there'll be an n64 and another joypad
    there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was hoping we could make some head way on getting an arcade and retro podcast going if monkeyfudge still has the contacts!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was hoping we could make some head way on getting an arcade and retro podcast going if monkeyfudge still has the contacts!

Well I haven't had much headway with boards.

I guess we can put something together and host it ourselves. Just got a new web hosting package last week that could take it.

Yeah might be better tojust get it started. See who we can get as regulars pick a topic to a week beforehand sowe aren't going in blind. Anyway, I'll leave it until Saturday.

I can register a new domain for it... what should we name it?

arcadeandretro.com is available... but it's a bit dry.

No, sounds a bit like a magazine or something.

Retro-simians

Hmm could try for something a bit flashier. I discovered a new retro podcast called Warning! A huge podcast approaches which is a Darius reference, maybe a pun like that but not as obscure.

Well I nabbed arcadeandretro.com for now anyway... was just a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The idea of a podcast intrigues me. Would definitely be up for helping out with it

hehehe...

arcadeandretro.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

GeriatricGames.com?
    RetroGamingIreland.com?
    TirGanTaitoTirGanAnam.com? :D

I'm happy to give a hand cleaning up audio, doing incidental music and ditties for it if it gets off the ground.

haha..

how about takeoffeveryzig.com?

All we need for musical interludes is Yuzo Koshiro, Hitoshi Sakimoto and their pals to add the music.

As for monkeyfudges picture....it just had to be Toki didn't it :(

I'd be more than willing to help out but only one one condition. Pokémon episode is necessary.

retro gaming in 8 easy bits

8 easy bits....
    nope don't get it..........

Oh wait!

Now I got it, genius!
    Give that man a cigar!

(16 easy bits is better though!)

atarijaguar.org is available... that's 64 bits right there and a neat boards.ie reference.

• Advertisement

atarijaguar.org is available... that's 64 bits right there and a neat boards.ie reference.

ha nice, would have people stumbling across it looking for a Jaguar fan-site though

I'd be more than willing to help out but only one one condition. Pokémon episode is necessary.

A wild podcast appears!

Master of the Universe

Superfriends!

No?

:(

Atari-shaguar?

ghostchant wrote: »
    ha nice, would have people stumbling across it looking for a Jaguar fan-site though

Does the Jaguar even have fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm assuming you've already bought it?

Well, it's not like people will be queuing up for that domain name, I'd say gizmondo.org and 3D0.org are available as well!

(I wonder if gunstarheroes.org/net is on the market?)

Does the Jaguar even have fans?

Apparently so:

http://kotaku.com/5241855/atari-jaguar-getting-new-game-this-year

by 'this year' they mean last year, but still..guess some people just can't let go (why they were ever holding on in the first place is a bigger mystery)

• Advertisement

Ah, but is it really a 64-bit machine? The immortal retro question.
    ghostchant wrote: »
    A wild podcast appears!

I'm pretty sure it's taken as well as super effective. ATB were thinking of using it when they started and they were both taken.

People also forget Jagfest, the only place to play 32 player Jag games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There is a distinct possibility I shall make this evening now. Will have to scour the house for retro goodies, although my supply is relatively limited. However, I should have link cables and a GBA if Four Swords is still proposed. No copy of the game though :(

Master of the Universe

Shall we start trying to sort out what we're bringing?

I know Monkeyfudge has a Dreamcast and a stick, so I'll bring my new stick and some games. If anyone else wants to bring some Dreamcast games feel free. I don't have Powerstone 2. And that NEEDS to be played! :D

How many Dreamcast pads do you have Monkeyfudge? I can bring along another two if needed.

I think there was mention of Goldeneye too. Do we have four pads for that?

I'm sure we'll spend most of the night huddled around Ciderman's Vectrex and Virtuaboy if he comes along..but the more stuff the better!

Okay... I haven't used my Dreamcast in a while. So not sure what state it's in. I do have it at the apartment though.

Have at least 2 controllers for it and the arcade stick.

I also have the N64 here with 2 controllers and the only cart I can lay my hand to at the moment is Golden Eye.

My Saturn is AWOL at the moment... looking for it.

I have my 2 game cubes here... And I have 2 GBA SPs as well as connector cables. Still have to find my copy of Four Swords... so if someone else has it they might bring it along.

I'll be arriving a little late since I'm at the GAA match. I can bring 2 extra DC pads, powerstone 2, a GBA and some cables to connect them to the GC. I used to have 4 of them but might not find them all so bring one if you have it. Should have four swords as well. Some has to have Pac-man Vs.! I'll probably have to drive because my only way home is a3.30 nightrider from town so no drunken Toki :'(

• Advertisement

I have Pac-man versus anyway.

I'll bring 2 N64 pads and Worms armageddon.

Also will bring another SP, but I don't have cables to connect it to the cube, ony GBA to GBA if they're any use? Along with Pokémon colosseum so bring your GBA Pokémon games!

I'll also have a PS1 for retr0. It just needs to be re-assembled and cleaned :P

Anything else I should bring?

The new AVGN is well worth checking out, detailing the various game glitches in old games mostly caused by the hardware so don't show up in emulation.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/701484

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Those Rocky glitches are hilarious! :pac:

I will be late enough also, as I am on duty, don't get off until 8.30pm, so I'll be down Coolock direction around 9, laden with controllers, games, consoles and the rest!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I've 3 n64 pads , 2-3 DC ones and the lightgun so I'll bring them,(hell I'll bring the keyboard too.),I've a box with about 50 or so DC games , powerstone 2 is one but its a copy(as are most of them though so retr0's will be better!)
    I'll bring the DC itself just in case .

Probably wont have time to get played but I'll bring the atari vcs with some decent multiplayer games (4 player warlords with the paddles is usually great craic).Might just lamp in a few other consoles/games as well , better to have them and not get played than not bring them I guess ;))

I'll probably be coming from town if anyone wants a lift there (although not 100% sure what time I'll be out at though),

Do you want me to bring slightly dodgy DC collections?
    The shooter and fighter collections have loads on them, Border Down, SFIII etc

Master of the Universe

Everyone bring your dodgy Dreamcast games. See if we can get the complete library betwee us :D

Anyone interested in playing the Snes/MD/Mega CD/32X? I can bring either if needed. And some games.

I think we may already have enough with what has been mentioned though.

/Edit - Then again Night Trap would be hilarious...!

I've never actually seen the MegaCD in action...

Oh.. I found a Tomy Grandstand Caveman game yesterday evening as well.

Probably wont have time to get played but I'll bring the atari vcs with some decent multiplayer games (4 player warlords with the paddles is usually great craic).Might just lamp in a few other consoles/games as well , better to have them and not get played than not bring them I guess ;))

I'd be well up for this, I heard 4 player warlords is brilliant fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement