Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

And then that sound. That stomach churning sound. I'm not sure if I was laughing at it because it was funny or if I was in fact trying to mask terror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

And it doesn't stop until the victor presses the button to continue... I kept forgetting to press that button.

Master of the Universe

You just wanted to see that demented freak dinosaur of yours continue to grind the loser's corpse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Just lamped this together lads, I often do similar for the fighting game meet ups.

My phone wasn't up to decent footage though :(

THE BUTTONS WEREN'T MAPPED!!
    ;) good stuff , and a good night . I'd be up for the next one (in chez cider?) although I ll probably just drive and drink 'that rocketfuel' stuff ciderman had rather than beer;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't thik anything about the supposed podcast even got discussed :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a free gaff coming up soon and was thinking I could hold the next meet up. It would be the weekend of the 26-28 of August. Only problem is the whole living in balbriggan thing but I have plenty of room for people crashing for the night.

Master of the Universe

You know you've been in college too long when you're in your late twenties and still using terms like 'free gaff' :pac:

I'll be there anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I have plans every weekend from now till that weekend, I'd like to go up though, it would be fun

I'll be working till 5 on the Saturday and 2 1/2 hour drive up, I might go up for the spin, I can always power through the night on monster energy and double decker bars!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could be good for me, I'll check me schedule!

Master of the Universe

Well I have plans every weekend from now till that weekend, I'd like to go up though, it would be fun

I'll be working till 5 on the Saturday and 2 1/2 hour drive up, I might go up for the spin, I can always power through the night on monster energy and double decker bars!

The Jack Burton might make an appearace? :eek:

Must make sure I doll myself up.

• Advertisement

Well I was ust thinking, I'm going down to Wexford for some mma fights and a birthday some saturday in Augest, think it might be the 15th though, I'm not too sure, I'll check it out tomorrow.

But the prok chop express might be headed towards dubln

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'll definitely try make it to the next one!

I'll have to check how easy it is to get the LCD TV's off the walls. We could have 2 LCDs, 1 CRT and 1 VGA monitor that's rotatable just for o1s1n. My place is really easy to find from the motorway and if anyone gets the train or bus, it's a 5 min walk or I can pick people up.

And yes I have been in college for too long, 10 years in October. I better not make it 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can also give lifts if needed. Any excuse to use the motorway now :P

Master of the Universe

I'll definitely try make it to the next one!

There's no trying. You just confirmed you'll be there. If you don't show, all your games automatically become my property.

Sorry, but that's just how it works. I didn't make the rules... :pac:
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll have to check how easy it is to get the LCD TV's off the walls. We could have 2 LCDs, 1 CRT and 1 VGA monitor that's rotatable just for o1s1n. My place is really easy to find from the motorway and if anyone gets the train or bus, it's a 5 min walk or I can pick people up.

Wehey, that's a lot of TVs! Excellent stuff.
    I can also give lifts if needed. Any excuse to use the motorway now :P

Shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I'd travel for it if Retr0 is putting up people in his gaff. I'd want someone else sleeping there too, though. I don't trust Retr0 to sneak in while I'm sleeping and pass over my head headphones plugged into a marathon Jeremy Parish podcast, devious bastard.

I can think of worse things to do, like J-pop. Awful J-pop. Morning Musume bad:

I have a suprisingly high tolerance for J-pop

Only if I'm watching the video at the same time though

Master of the Universe

You actually mean you have a suprisingly large collection of J-pop, don't you? :p

I've actually none except for the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! soundtracks but then again is has some crackers like Linda Linda:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

What a game, I need to replay them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

may be moving that weekend but if not I'll try and pop down for the night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If I can, I'd love to try make it out to the next one, if you'll have me. I can bring an N64 and Goldeneye? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

My brain is offically AFK.... AHHH why did I watch that whole thing?

Augmerson wrote: »
    If I can, I'd love to try make it out to the next one, if you'll have me. I can bring an N64 and Goldeneye? ;)

Just bring your controllers, I have Goldeneye and an N64 already :P
    LoGiE wrote: »
    My brain is offically AFK.... AHHH why did I watch that whole thing?

Hot japanese girls perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

MM are the best thing since sliced bread. If I came I would be playing jpop non stop on my mp4. Just as well I can't make it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

justbrian wrote: »
    MM are the best thing since sliced bread. If I came I would be playing jpop non stop on my mp4. Just as well I can't make it :D
    Awh I'm raging D: we could have had one earphone each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Sera wrote: »
    Awh I'm raging D: we could have had one earphone each
    Maybe next time:P

I didn't listen to MM song til now that I did I still prefer the one in Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and two other ones. The still of the video has me roaring laughing.

The two girls I loved in in MM started their own band called W

(has nothing to do with MM) Perfume was on American Dad but I can't find them talking about the second time it was my friend telling me about it.

• Advertisement

Is there anyone going to that other Retro night that's being organized? D:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup, did he mention a date yet?
    I'll definitely be going, the last one was great.
    Not sure what to bring along though.
    Do people want to play anything again?

Kind of clashes with my free gaff.

Kind of clashes with my free gaff.
    if it clashes with yours I'm going to yours anyway

Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    if it clashes with yours I'm going to yours anyway

Same!

Sure the date of the other one hasn't been set in stone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Yeah, if it's a choice, I'll be going to Retro's gaff. By the and for the community and all that.

• Advertisement

If I don't mention FFXII I'm sure we will both get on well. TBH I've been a bit harsh on that game. I have problems with it but it's more that the game doesn;t suit me more than anything. The free gaff is still the weekend of 27th-29th

this is my planned outfit for the meet up and I'll do the song too

Lsmmtuafimc

I'm scared.

I'm scared.
    If you think that was bad, have you seen her legs!?
    there's a video of her eating baby food on her channel as well
    :^:

I better not look. I'm in college and don't want to be labelled with the Pedobear seal of approval.

• Advertisement

I'd be stallin it to retr0's too. Wasn't really thinking of going to the other one myself.

There'll be no crowd surfing at my house so behave yourself. Topless women though... I've no problems there.

Oh, well I'm out.

:)

Oh, well I'm out.

:)
    We can bus surf on the way? :3

Plenty of time to Bus Surf, he lives in the sticks!

is everyone getting the bus out?

Well I said I'd drive so if anyone wants a lift?

Master of the Universe

I think I already called shotgun a few weeks back :D

You did indeed.

I can collect from town so yeah, anyone wants a lift, go there!

The train is quicker than the bus but either is ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement