Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd better hide the Nes as well then, save me cleaning up tears of shame, the shame of non ownership!
    You know, if i ever find one at the market or similar I will buy one for you, just to end your suffering. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

pdbhp wrote: »
    Good ould Cyril. A mans man. The poor bloke was firmly rooted in the 1950's, now thats retro:pac::pac:
    dats Limerick citay, he's an absolute legend :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd better hide the Nes as well then, save me cleaning up tears of shame, the shame of non ownership!
    You know, if i ever find one at the market or similar I will buy one for you, just to end your suffering. ;)

I doubt he'd take even a free one. "A 50Hz NES? Pfft, I'd rather die."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather saw me balls off with a shotgun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

You'd have to get them back from Sera first!
    Bad-dum tishhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

You'd have to get them back from Sera first!
    Bad-dum tishhhhh!

Buuuurrrrnnnnnn:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Jeebus man!
    Don't you ever sleep???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This time I'm up with Sparks myself. I'm off home. Sleepy time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh... I found my M.U.G.E.N collection the other day.

Anyone up for a bit of it with the X-Arcade sticks?

• Advertisement

Soooo is this happening this week?

Yup, all systems go.
    Now, I have a projector ready for big screen MD fun, so if someone has something cool tto play on it, bring it along.
    Or anything else for that matter!

The wifey is heading out so my Pokemon loving 8 year old will be mingling, but its just as well so's there is someone responsible on attendance!

If people can let me know I can get enough cases of Haribo and Cheese Puffs in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is this on Friday or Saturday?

Definitely can't make it on the Saturday, but will try and see what I can do if it's the eve of the weekend (if there's any liftage going from the glorious suburbs of the southside it would be much appreciated :))!

Myself and a very tired sarah are on board. Not sure if there's much I can bring that you don't already have other than some cho aniki which I doubt is suitable for the eyes of an 8 year old.

But, Mr Ultimate, the party can't start without you!

Myself and a very tired sarah are on board. Not sure if there's much I can bring that you don't already have other than some cho aniki which I doubt is suitable for the eyes of an 8 year old.

Oh, he will be in bed by 9 or 10 so rudeness is permitted!
    The last one in mine was very well attended, by a load of folks I didn't know!
    Must ask Martineatsworld if he amd his mates are coming along.

Dont think i can make it this time as i Have a Boulder Dash Anonymous meeting to go to :D

Now, now, we will have none of that talk, of course you're coming.
    Who else is going to be evangelising about his favourite game all night?

Last time around he spent about an hour in my kitchen trying to get a Spectrum emulator to work...

• Advertisement

I spent longer trying to get Gamera 2000 to work :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I spent longer trying to get Gamera 2000 to work :(

Worth every second.

Thats ok, I have two working Spectrums, with tape deck. All he.needs is a genuine copy of Boulderdash and he'll be happy for the night, just have to search him before he leaves to make sure he doesn't stroke it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thats ok, I have two working Spectrums, with tape deck. All he.needs is a genuine copy of Boulderdash and he'll be happy for the night, just have to search him before he leaves to make sure he doesn't stroke it!

As long as you mean steal then it's not too bad. It's getting stranger round these parts with 'sniffers' coming out of the woodwork, but strokers too? :eek:

Now, I can give Dinorex and Sparks a lift if they like, I'm picking up a mate from North Strand at 19:15, so can swing by for you guys.

That means the evening will kick off at say quarter past 8?
    That's pm folks!

Lovely hurling

Good possibility i will be down in fairview around that time so it will save you going out of your way

• Advertisement

Does it have to be genuine :D

Just about to find an old blank cassette to record the game onto

Have already converted the tape file to wav And im after listening to that lovely speccy loading sound:D

So does that mean everybody has to tiptoe around for 5 hours until the game loads?

So does that mean everybody has to tiptoe around for 5 hours until the game loads?

Yep:pac:

Now, I can give Dinorex and Sparks a lift if they like, I'm picking up a mate from North Strand at 19:15, so can swing by for you guys.

That means the evening will kick off at say quarter past 8?
    That's pm folks!

Good stuff. I'll bake another Space Invader cake to celebrate!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I 'm going to try and pop along if I can .
    I'll only know on the day though .
    It'll be late enough when I drive over so I can bring a few bits and bobs if needed

• Advertisement

Ok i know this i gonna sound a bit weird but would anyone be able to pick this up for me off ebay

Dont know if it will post to Here but no harm in trying

Reason: I have seen quite a few of these but all used (Obviously) And i would love to have a unopened in my vac pack of goodies im putting to bed for about 20 years
    :D:D
    I will sort out fully if anyone can do this for me

Cheers all

And boulder dash is on my android to be loaded up friday :D

Tried to order but they won't let me bid, won't deliver to Ireland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Ok i know this i gonna sound a bit weird but would anyone be able to pick this up for me off ebay

Dont know if it will post to Here but no harm in trying

Reason: I have seen quite a few of these but all used (Obviously) And i would love to have a unopened in my vac pack of goodies im putting to bed for about 20 years
    :D:D
    I will sort out fully if anyone can do this for me

Cheers all

Do you still need someone to bid on this? I have a friend in the UK that could put a bid on later but would not be around at the ending time. Also, you'd need to tell me what your max bid is and make sure no-one else here (from outside Ireland) outbids it in your name. :)

Cheers guys but its not worth the hassle of double posting from uk to here

Ill keep an eye out for one that will post to here

Probably wont even be bidded on by anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hi guys .....I will be going from sandyford to Cidermans house tomorrow night...If anyone needs a lift let me know ???????

Thanks, I'm ok though, I live in cidermans house!

I will PM googlemaps co-ordinates to those who want them, that or follow the bread crumbs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hi guys .....I will be going from sandyford to Cidermans house tomorrow night...If anyone needs a lift let me know ???????

I may avail of those services...

Will mario be there again to help guide us?

If there's a lift going, I may also avail :) Coming from Bray so can meet you somewhere along the way. Not 100% sure if I can go yet though!

Will mario be there again to help guide us?

If you go looking for mario then you will end up in my 7 year olds bedroom:eek:

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    If you go looking for mario then you will end up in my 7 year olds bedroom:eek:

Not sure there's a right way to reply to that :/

I may avail of those services...

Hey you!!
    You not coming with me??

I'm all lonely now:P

If there's a lift going, I may also avail :) Coming from Bray so can meet you somewhere along the way. Not 100% sure if I can go yet though!

Hi Pm me where and when............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm in Dundrum so 'tis only a javelin throw away from Sandyford.

No probs I will collect you from dundrum.............Won't be staying all night, as I live in laois.........If thats OK....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Thanks, I'm ok though, I live in cidermans house!

I will PM googlemaps co-ordinates to those who want them, that or follow the bread crumbs..
    Can you pm me with that .Not sure if I'm going to be there this evening but might try and pop over later in the evening for a few hours

Boourns won't be able to make it this evening, some dope thought it would be a good idea to get píssed last night and I'm still drunk at 1pm today:(

Shake it off man!
    Drink plenty of coffee and get your ass over to mine for around half 8, youll be fine!

Shake it off man!
    Drink plenty of coffee and get your ass over to mine for around half 8, youll be fine!

I'll try but I'm absolutly hanging and I don't want to be driving late tonight in this condition

• Advertisement

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'll try but I'm absolutly hanging and I don't want to be driving late tonight in this condition

You'll get a second wind later :P

Advertisement