Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    More than likely a good quality tv or av cable is it?

Might be the cable. It was just a small portable CRT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In fairness an old portable TV I had had by far the cleanest picture of any TV I've ever seen for both TV broadcasts and the PS1 through AV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was the lack of dot crawl that surprised me. It's due to all the colour elements and the black and white data coming through on one connector. Noticed it wasn't there on Castlevania IV which is a very colourful game and in particular on the Konami logo which is a good test for dot crawl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was that the Enternow modded Snes I gave him that had the weird video issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was that the Enternow modded Snes I gave him that had the weird video issues?

No it was another SNES

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Awh! I was hoping that by some freak chance whatever happened to the video supercharged your AV connection. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sera wrote: »
    I'm sorry you weren't pleased with my choice of clothes, I'll try better next time
    I am so very sorry, no intention to challenge your dress sense here!
    It's just, well, normally you're in Technicolor!
    Sera's so bright I gotta wear shades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

just remembered it there, wasn't it Sparks I was talking about this with on the night? definitely did with Retr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

just remembered it there, wasn't it Sparks I was talking about this with on the night? definitely did with Retr0

Yep it was me, We were talking about the prequel to Cooking Mama

Nice 1 my daughter would enjoy that, i will have to buy it from a reputable rom store in the morning :D

4 photos is all I took last time :/

Shane2.jpg

Shane1.jpg

Shane3.jpg

Shane4.jpg

• Advertisement

Shane4.jpg

One hundred million dollars!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, Christmas Beers......
    What's the story???
    Some time in December, but if in mine, will peeps come along??

Me and sera are on board.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I'd be up for it - all depends on whether someone with an extra seat is heading out that direction, of course :)

Yeah, that's really the big problem of a Beers in mine, it's a long way for a lot of people...
    Unfortunately you can't be all from north county dublin, some are even tragic enough to be from Meath... poor backstards

Depending on work, yes!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Me and sera are on board.
    Definately, absolutely can't wait already :p
    any news on secret Santie, wasn't it Jack Burton organizing it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And we have verifiable evidence now that he isn't a sentient AI running a custom K.U.R.T.R.U.S.S.E.L.L OS, so there's no excuse!

I could organize something if JB hs forgotton or doesn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh i didnt forgot, new topic on its way

• Advertisement

Oh i didnt forgot, new topic on its way

It better be! *shakes fist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Count me in....Bring the 5200 so you can see the size the this beast.....Pictures do not do it justice.....:eek:

Right...
    On consultation with the house management, ie The Wife aka Her Indoors aka She Who Must Be Obeyed, it seems the date for the Beers in my house is....
    December 16th.
    Reckon it'll be a laugh.

Post up here if y'all are up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Pencil me in as a tentative. Will there be any Fukushima cake? If Mr. 76 is going, I think jellies are mandatory, no?

Master of the Universe

I haven't been out in Black Mesa for ages. Will try my best to get out for this :)

Depending on transport availability, game I am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I haven't been out in Black Mesa for ages. Will try my best to get out for this :)

:pac::pac::pac:

Master of the Universe

Depending on transport availability, game I am :)

Excellent, what are the odds we meet at the wrong petrol station again? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Think I can do the 16th... office party is the next night.

My flatmate will be heading off for a few weeks soon, so I'll host another one at some stage over the next month too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Right...
    On consultation with the house management, ie The Wife aka Her Indoors aka She Who Must Be Obeyed, it seems the date for the Beers in my house is....
    December 16th.
    Reckon it'll be a laugh.

Post up here if y'all are up for it!
    provisionally in as well .im off the drink till Christmas so I should be driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Count me in............Bring a nice surpirse......:p.......and if you dont like it I will use the jag CD drive :eek:...you have been warned.......

If anyone needs a left from sandyford area...I will drop you back that way aswell........

I'm in. I'll make Sera go as well :P

Festive theme?
    so Christmas Nights and Shenmue? nothing like looking for sailors to get you in the Christmas spirit

I'm in. I'll make Sera go as well :P
    make me? sure I'm more excited than you

(I nearly cried laughing watching that first time)

• Advertisement

Played Xmas Nights last year. This year I got the Costume Quest christmas themed DLC.

Wow, peeps are excited...

The pressures really on now!

Have to get the 8bits of Christmas on the stereo and pump it loud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Yep im up for this

Cant wait :D

Played Xmas Nights last year. This year I got the Costume Quest christmas themed DLC.

Must pick that up. Loved Costume Quest!

I only played the demo but really liked it. Picked them both up recently though.

• Advertisement

Pencil me in!

Pencil me in!

Look at you with all your work terminology. I've I see you posting anything containing "going forward" I'll know the Atavan we knew is truly dead :p

I only played the demo but really liked it. Picked them both up recently though.

It's not particularly challenging. But it's a lot of fun and has a great sense of humour.

Look at you with all your work terminology. I've I see you posting anything containing "going forward" I'll know the Atavan we knew is truly dead :p

You clearly didn't see me on Saturday night so! Stumbled home at 8am after a few too many tequilas and jagerbombs (dropped into blue wkd and not red bull), was supposed to be in work at 8.45 am so I suddenly came down with a cold.

I told my boss today and she just laughed and said she'd done it before and that I'm 19 so it's ok :P

Master of the Universe

Going forward, my ask is for you to continue to touch base concerning issues which have been flagged.

Please revert to me with any questions.

So.Much.Wrong.

Edit - I've actually seen 'revert to me' in a solicitors letter. I **** you not.

Okay solicitor, if I have a question, you just want me to TURN BACK INTO YOU? I WAS NEVER YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You clearly didn't see me on Saturday night so! Stumbled home at 8am after a few too many tequilas and jagerbombs (dropped into blue wkd and not red bull), was supposed to be in work at 8.45 am so I suddenly came down with a cold.

I told my boss today and she just laughed and said she'd done it before and that I'm 19 so it's ok :P

Without a post of yours containing:

"GGhtjerlio im izz drunk ldz. i l3v wimim an b00bz"

then it carries little weight I'm afraid.

Anyone going to pick up a copy of Daze Before Christmas for the chrimbo meet up?

Master of the Universe

I could bring my Daze Before Christmas proto?

Atavan & his colleagues at lunchtime

Interview-business-suit.gif

Can we have hot chocolate and xmas jumpers?

SoAbl.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement