Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There should be the following, circumstances permitting...

Sausage rolls, as Neil says in The Inbetweeners, "There's always sausage rolls"
    Mince Pies
    Fruit Punch (or more accurately a bowl of whatever alcohol I have to hand + orange and pineapple juice)
    Hot Chocolate, natch

and of course, Christmas Jumpers!
    Well, a mildly festive geansaí at anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Dizzy for the iPad will be out by then... I'll be sure to bring it along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Can we have hot chocolate and xmas jumpers?
    with marshmallows?
    tumblr_lsferi9dZH1r3l8opo1_500.gif?t=1323197941

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, go on then, you can have marshmallows...
    staypuft.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

EnterNow wrote: »
    Look at you with all your work terminology. I've I see you posting anything containing "going forward" I'll know the Atavan we knew is truly dead :p

It's all about synergy, thinking outside the box to determine the KPI's that flow with the SLA's. Just if you want to mix it up a bit. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, go on then, you can have marshmallows...

I dont want marshmallows i want croutons in warm beer

Bad case of Space mumps:D

Better still Sparks,
    I've scored this hot wimmin to come to the beers with you as your +1!

EchEchEch1.jpg

Just try not to piss her off, hard to play Boulder Dash with only one hand.....

Actually, scratch that, the game is so basic of course you can play it with one hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not if she were the last water-yeti lookalike on Earth!

I forget ignorant souls who haven't been illuminated by the glory of Red Dwarf and wouldn't recognise a good looking Gelf ladygirl when they see one!

• Advertisement

Not if she were the last water-yeti lookalike on Earth!
    I forget ignorant souls who haven't been illuminated by the glory of Red Dwarf and wouldn't recognise a good looking Gelf ladygirl when they see one!

Far from forgetting it, thats a direct quote from that episode :p

The episode in question is Justice

LISTER: Can't we find out who's inside by x-raying the pod?
    HOLLY: No. Lead lining. Has to survive in space.
    LISTER: there must be some way.
    HOLLY: Oh, there is: all you have to do is hang around here for twenty-
    four hours. Then, if you suddenly turn round and find your limbs are
    scattered around Deep Space and your necks are full of saliva, you can
    take it as read it probably wasn't Babs.

What you quoted is from Emohawk, Polymorph II not justice It's a common
    misconception, held by all truly stupid people.:D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The episode in question is Justice

LISTER: Can't we find out who's inside by x-raying the pod?
    HOLLY: No. Lead lining. Has to survive in space.
    LISTER: there must be some way.
    HOLLY: Oh, there is: all you have to do is hang around here for twenty-
    four hours. Then, if you suddenly turn round and find your limbs are
    scattered around Deep Space and your necks are full of saliva, you can
    take it as read it probably wasn't Babs.

What you quoted is from Emohawk, Polymorph II not justice It's a common
    misconception, held by all truly stupid people.:D

There were no Gelf in Justice :confused: I was referring to the pic :D

Quarantine word play...nice ;):p

I am suitably humbled,
    I shall don my canary shell suit in shame.....

edit: Just read Sparks reposte... I take my humble pie back and save it up for another time!

I say, lets start a t-shirt and leaflet campaign!

Say no to bad Red Dwarf quotes!

I am suitably humbled,
    I shall don my canary shell suit in shame.....

edit: Just read Sparks reposte... I take my humble pie back and save it up for another time!

The Canaries?

Sure! Bit of close part harmony....you are the sunshine in my life, that's why I'll always be ar'rrauu.....

:D

Nope your apology is valid! Your Gelf pic is from the episode Emohawk Polymorph II which is what I quoted from. My Red Dwarf knowledge is all encompassing :cool::D

• Advertisement

Once its not this

48413278_400x400.jpg

Hey and I AM the C.L.I.T. commander!

NSFW!

There are no bad Red Dwarf quotes:mad:

All im saying is give Quiche a chance:D

I can't wait for the Beers night, It'll give an excuse to play games and wear pants for a change!
    Woo Hoo!

I can't wait for the Beers night, It'll give an excuse to play games and wear pants for a change!
    Woo Hoo!

Nice subtle way of getting things back on topic:D

• Advertisement

Nice subtle way of getting things back on topic:D

Not really , its Space Corp Directive 68353 - No moderator shall hold a beers night without suitable coverings on his love spuds

Nearly time to go to a Purple Alert!
    Now, where did I leave the bulb?

AND WE'RE BACK TO RED DWARF!

Nearly time to go to a Purple Alert!
    Now, where did I leave the bulb?

Well its not really Purple.

More a Mauve alert really:D

AND WE'RE BACK TO RED DWARF!

Brutal :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I can make the 16th!

Finally have the place decorated, for the Beers of course, the fact they'll be up for Xmas is a bonus!
    So, is it going to be Christmas Jumpers a-gogo?
    If you must dress as an Elf be aware that it is a bit cold these nights for tights, so just say no...

So, its nearly upon us and so the questions remain,

Do people know how to get to my house?

Does everyone have lifts sorted?

Will the rest all fit into Pdbhp's car?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it should be a themed night: Belt scrolling beat'em ups. A mix of captain america and the avengers, x-men arcade, Simpsons arcade, Bucky O'Hare, Double Dragon, Renegade, Final Fight, Captain Commando and the awe inspiring streets of rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Will try make this one, work permitting that is.

Bloody full time jobs really are scourge of gaming:(

• Advertisement

HomerSimpson24.gif

indi38526.jpeg

P0003108_6_X_9.jpg

:D

pdbhp wrote: »
    Will try make this one, work permitting that is.

Bloody full time jobs really are scourge of gaming:(

Tell the truth, you're on standby for a spot in Tallafornia.!
    Just in case one ODs on fake tan!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think it should be a themed night: Belt scrolling beat'em ups. A mix of Simpsons arcade
    you forgot TMNT and I'm not playing either of those two again, I'm having a flashback
    and the awe inspiring streets of rage.
    We're lucky enough to get to play Dino Rex :P
    I have those glasses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Tell the truth, you're on standby for a spot in Tallafornia.!
    Just in case one ODs on fake tan!

Dammit I got found out:rolleyes:

As for Tallafornia I watched that steaming pile of turd last night and can say that it's an accurate portrayal of life in Tallaghtfornia..........NOT!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If anyone is driving (preferably on the South side!) and can offer a lift it would be much appreciated.

I have a driving lesson the next morning, but alas am still not in a position to be actively driving anywhere outside of quiet roads and nearby estates. Soon I shall be self-sufficient!

If anyone is driving (preferably on the South side!) and can offer a lift it would be much appreciated.

I have a driving lesson the next morning, but alas am still not in a position to be actively driving anywhere outside of quiet roads and nearby estates. Soon I shall be self-sufficient!

I can oblige and will be leaving early enough too. Where would be best to pick you up for our hot date err, retro night?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

can you pm me the directions (think I got them last time when I couldnt make it) , hopefully googlemaps +phone will help me as well (face it I'm going to get lost ;))

Right Luas, just pm'd you the directions I sent last time!
    Hope they work out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As usual, I will fling my hat into the ring for a lift if anyone can put up with me for the trip :D

Oh, and anyone interested in bringing their 3DS along? I need more streetpass hits! (Plus I want all your lovely Miis!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I could also do with a lift... who ever gives me a lift can lick the bowl I use to mix up another cake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think it should be a themed night: Belt scrolling beat'em ups. A mix of captain america and the avengers, x-men arcade, Simpsons arcade, Bucky O'Hare, Double Dragon, Renegade, Final Fight, Captain Commando and the awe inspiring streets of rage.

Awesome Stuff, im down for this.... Speaking of X-men :)
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2011/12/12/dorkly-vision-wants-to-be-in-the-avenger-movie

Im up in Dublin next weekend, ye allow culchies from Cork to tag along to retro nite? :) What time it all kick off, ill try head up if I can and how north is north ? :)

Sounds like some laugh of a nite :)
    Kev

Dinorex and o1s1n you can accompany myself and johnny ultimate! Just make your way via the Luas to dundrum. I'll also bring my 3ds

kevin2me wrote: »
    Im up in Dublin next weekend, ye allow culchies from Cork to tag along to retro nite? :)
    no because you'll clash with my Limerickness boooy lol jk
    isn't someone else from Cork, or am I imaging things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Well im heading up for 12 pubs on Sat nite so sure why not make it 2 nites out of it :)
    Limerick clashes with any county, not just Cork :)

I'll bring 3DS too... At least the better than all of us stuck in our fones like on normal nite out :)

kevin2me wrote: »
    Awesome Stuff, im down for this.... Speaking of X-men :)
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2011/12/12/dorkly-vision-wants-to-be-in-the-avenger-movie

Im up in Dublin next weekend, ye allow culchies from Cork to tag along to retro nite? :) What time it all kick off, ill try head up if I can and how north is north ? :)

Sounds like some laugh of a nite :)
    Kev

He's kidding... :(
    No scrolling beat'em ups allowed!!!!

If anyone fancies playing Halo all night, however...

You're probably at the wrong house too :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Dinorex and o1s1n you can accompany myself and johnny ultimate! Just make your way via the Luas to dundrum. I'll also bring my 3ds

wehey, excellent! Thanks :) That's perfect for me, I'd be passing Dundrum on the Luas on the way home from work anyway.
    No scrolling beat'em ups allowed!!!!

Excellent, I'll bring my AVP CPS2 board so. You know, just to make you eat the above words :D

What console will I stick on the projector?
    Last time it was the Nes which Sparks commandeered with Boulder Gash or something ...
    I seem to remember that mental beat 'em up getting a good airing as well, perhaps Dinorex's arcade stick will work as planned this time!

Master of the Universe

Any chance we could rig up your MVS? I would kill to play Metal Slug and Blazing Star on a projector!

That's a great idea, plus its attached to as Supergun so we can plumb in a jamma board as well if someone has one they want to bring. One player only mind you, the other stick is a Neogeo one and plugged into the MVS board.

Master of the Universe

Can your projector rotate the image vertically? I haven't had a chance to break out that Raiden 2 pcb since playing it on Andrew76's rotated tv a good while ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement