Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now, for the next one....

I'm hoping to host one this month,
    Any particular Friday suit best?

Actually, 21st of Sept is out, as I am selling paintings that weekend!

So, maybe the 28th?

28th suites me as it's just after pay day. Yay! :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not much interest?
    Well, is there a date or place that might suit better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not much interest?
    Well, is there a date or place that might suit better?
    Thought I thanked the post? Any weekend suits me really unless it doesn't suit Retr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Any weekend that's not the 8th suits me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OK, well, get Retr0 to put down that frock and have a look at his calendar!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be there.

Can persistent no showers like Enternow, O1s1n and the rest be convinced to brave the North Co.Dublin night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can persistent no showers like Enternow, O1s1n and the rest be convinced to brave the North Co.Dublin night?

Hey, I shower at least once a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll do my best to try! The 28th is quarter end in work though, so I'm more than likely be very busy. We shall see.

• Advertisement

Right, just confirmed with She Who Must Be Obeyed that the night of the 28th of September is a go, so I'll stock up on nachos, haribos, energy drinks and other essentials for the big night!

After the 28th I'll run something for the Christmas in December, last year was a good laugh!

So, just to remind all of the 28th of September and the Beers in my place.
    Should be a blast and all are welcome.... even members who have lost their way and don't post here anymore :(
    Give me some idea, if you will, of whose coming, so I can get in the appropriate amount of Pizza/Nachos/Haribos/Absinthe....

So, just to remind all of the 28th of September and the Beers in my place.
    Should be a blast and all are welcome.... even members who have lost their way and don't post here anymore :(
    Give me some idea, if you will, of whose coming, so I can get in the appropriate amount of Pizza/Nachos/Haribos/Absinthe....

I'll be there if you'll have me! :)

Achilles wrote: »
    I'll be there if you'll have me! :)

I wouldn't say that too loudly if Retr0 is going

337839.jpg

It'd be swell if that did it for my but I just don't rock that way!

Ahh jaysus lads, lol.

• Advertisement

Ahh jaysus lads, lol.

I tell ya, a thick skin would do ya well in here :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    I tell ya, a thick skin would do ya well in here :D

At least I'm not the one openly propositioning a gay bloke in front of everyone! ;-)

Keep it relevant boys.....

At least I'm not the one openly propositioning a gay bloke in front of everyone! ;-)
    Keep it relevant boys.....

He's doing exactly as he should do in this case. He worded something innocently, & we attacked him. Now he's simply passing the slagging onto someone who made a bigger boo boo - Atavan :D:D Normally Retr0 is the victim of such 'pass the book' banter, but lest we forget what Atavan done too :p

Ahhhh!!!!!

I'm going mental!

Can't people not have a laugh here anymore?

It's too early in the morning for this!

And I've painting to do today!

Back to the relevant stuff, whose coming on the 28th?

• Advertisement

Can't people not have a laugh here anymore?

I'm starting to wonder the same thing :(

I'm going to leave the 28th out there for the next few days, if I don't see enough interest I'll knock it on the head, which will be a real shame because I know I've had a blast at the last few of these.

Come on people, crack a smile and come on over!

Enternow?
    Sparks?
    the rest of you reprobates?

I already said yes!

I already said yes!

Hello.... :P

Master of the Universe

Turns out the 28th is actually my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and they're renting out a function room.

As much as I'd love to hang out with you guys, I can't really pass it up! :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Turns out the 28th is actually my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and they're renting out a function room.

As much as I'd love to hang out with you guys, I can't really pass it up! :(

Bring them to the beers! They'll love it! Plenty of pong and erh... Donkey Kong for them to play? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myself and Sera will be there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Im up for a beers , might have to cadge a lift off someone though , will need to see if the car is 'booked 'that night:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Count me in........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Where abouts is it roughly?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where abouts is it roughly?

Middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I really must go to one of these beers nights at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nothing like heading into the middle of nowhere to meet up with strangers from the Internet :P

But yeah, will potentially be game for this, lift dependent of course!

The more the merrier, even hipsters are welcome, welcome to stand smoking in the garden discussing how much they're not going to like The Hobbit!

The more the merrier, even hipsters are welcome, welcome to stand smoking in the garden discussing how much they're not going to like The Hobbit!
    I'd need to scab a lift off somebody too, no way in hell public transport will get me anywhere near there.

Actually the 41b will drop folk at the end of the road.

There's actually a bus that goes near your house?!?! I thought folk out that way have never even seen a bus!

Also, can we play rock band at this?

Master of the Universe

When you see this, you know you're there :pac:

old_man_banjo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

When you see this, you know you're there :pac:

old_man_banjo.jpg

Ciderman?

• Advertisement

It does bear a slight resemblance to him....

Ohhh right cool well even still I may then need a lift home afterwards, lol. Or at least a lift into town where I can then get a taxi home or whatever.

Planning on bringing my original Xbox 1 with CoinOps 4 loaded onto it. Does anybody object to this? May also possibly bring my Dreamcast with VGA adapter and Link83 bios mod.

Master of the Universe

The only thing you'll need to bring to Ciderman's is something to catch all the drool when you check out how many consoles he has set up in his attic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The only thing you'll need to bring to Ciderman's is something to catch all the drool when you check out how many consoles he has set up in his attic ;)

Bound to be some incontinence pants lying around given his age ;)

7040388091.jpg

resulting in

people-golf.png

Having had a career in working serving people who need such products I was not, in any way, prepared for this...
    kang004_kanga_male_pouch_n_pad.png

So, this is what happens, apparently, when Ann Summers is making incontinence wear for men.... oh dear :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

no we'll be too busy playing Streets of Rage

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

So, this is what happens, apparently, when Ann Summers is making incontinence wear for men.... oh dear :(

On the plus side, you'll certainly get some looks from the ladies walking down the street wearing one.

And what has been seen cannot be unseen...

I can see some of the lonelier members of the forum nipping off to McCabes to buy a pair....

There's actually a bus that goes near your house?!?! I thought folk out that way have never even seen a bus!

No, there is a bus, and as for Rock Band, as long as it's for the 360 or Wii yup, no PS3 in mine, unless someone wants to give me one... a PS3 ffs!

No, there is a bus, and as for Rock Band, as long as it's for the 360 or Wii yup, no PS3 in mine, unless someone wants to give me one... a PS3 ffs!

A bus that comes 4 times a day at horribly inconvenient hours. :P

25721013.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement