Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well, it looks like the planets are aligning and the omens are positive for a 50/50 chance I might possibly show up at this retro gaming gathering, depending on other factors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well, it looks like the planets are aligning and the omens are positive for a 50/50 chance I might possibly show up at this retro gaming gathering, depending on other factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody around willing to give me a lift? Cheers.

I will be driving that way...where in Dub are you ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I will be driving that way...where in Dub are you ?????

I'm usually around the Monkstown / Dun Laoghaire area but I'll be at a work thing until about 5pm in Damastown if you're around there?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Achilles wrote: »
    I'm usually around the Monkstown / Dun Laoghaire area but I'll be at a work thing until about 5pm in Damastown if you're around there?

Cheers.

Sorry No thats the other side of me.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Won't be able to make this :( car is not running at the mo and I'm not finished work until 7 so if I were to get the *shudder* bus, by the time I'd get home and get there, I'd probably have to leave for the bus again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Won't be able to make this :( car is not running at the mo and I'm not finished work until 7 so if I were to get the *shudder* bus, by the time I'd get home and get there, I'd probably have to leave for the bus again!

Knew a free BMW would let you down!
    No one else coming over that way?
    I think there is someone coming from the South Side, maybe EnterNow could be persuaded, sure you southsiders all live next to each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think there is someone coming from the South Side, maybe EnterNow could be persuaded, sure you southsiders all live next to each other!

Sorry lads but I'm here for the next few days:

1.-treehouse-sign.jpg

9.-treehouse-deck-wiv-tub.jpg

4.-treehouse-bed.jpg

Utter bliss I tells ya

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,040 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't see any games consoles? How can you live there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah I don't think I can make it without a lift... that bus only seems to go to Narnia 4 times a day I'd never catch it and be able to get home as well...

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Sometimes its nice to just get away from all that, yes even consoles!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sometimes its nice to just get away from all that, yes even consoles!

Where's that?

Where's that?

Skibereen in Cork. A 4 hour drive from the big shmoke but 'todally' worth it.

http://www.cottagesforcouples.ie/self-catering-cottages/the-treehouse-at-grove-house/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,040 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Madness :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Skibereen in Cork. A 4 hour drive from the big shmoke but 'todally' worth it.

http://www.cottagesforcouples.ie/self-catering-cottages/the-treehouse-at-grove-house/

Very nice indeed!

I'm guessing joysticks and buttons of another kind will still be put to task there. :cool:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm guessing joysticks and buttons of another kind will still be put to task there. :cool:

:pac::pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »

What!
    Like using Seimitsu instead of Sanwa?

So should I bring the CDi or leave it at home?

So should I bring the CDi or leave it at home?

LEAVE THE DEVIL SPAWN AT HOME! ;)

Thought you might want to see us play Burn Cycle again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

he wants to play CDI Zelda

Sera wrote: »

I'll just bring Legend of Dragoon instead.

Hopefully I remember my Gamecube and Mario Kart this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

But you can have a nice evening sitting on the sofa staring at the flowers:

5.-treehouse-lounge.jpg

I'll just bring Legend of Dragoon instead.

Hopefully I remember my Gamecube and Mario Kart this time.

Yeah. I have 2 Cubes... 2 BB adapters and maybe 3 controllers.

Need 2 copies of DD and controllers, controllers, controllers... eh.. and two TVs.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Need 2 copies of DD and controllers, controllers, controllers... eh.. and two TVs.
    I've 2 controllers but that's it

Ok, I've a GC, a pal copy of DD, and two controllers. the GC is also PAL.

Let the madness commence!!!

There's three tvs as well, of course one of them is in 'tate mode....

I've a PAL copy of DD, I have 4 controllers but I can be sure I can find them all.

• Advertisement

Okay normally what time does this start? And end?

Okay normally what time does this start? And end?
    7/8 and ends I guess it was 2.30/3 the last time in Ciderman's was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It hasn't let me down! Just this once. And failed the nct 3 times. But other than that its perfectly fine!

Well if anyone is coming from the Dublin 14 area I'd be much obliged!

Sera wrote: »
    7/8 and ends I guess it was 2.30/3 the last time in Ciderman's was it?

My last one ended around 5pm the following day.

But you can have a nice evening sitting on the sofa staring at the flowers:

Aw poor Dino, would you have to entertain yourself down here? Best stick to beer nights man :D

How about an arcade and retro road trip and pay enternow a visit?

• Advertisement

My last one ended around 5pm the following day.
    how could I forget sure? I didn't get back to my own til after midnight, worth it though :P
    Game Grumps reminded me, we never had a Mario Party

Well, I've got Mario Party on the GC and N64, so if we can avoid the digital tragedy that is Burn Cycle we could fire up Mario Party instead.
    I've also "got" that rhythm game on the Wii.
    Plus there's a bizarre Japanese copy of a Ape Escape party game on the PS2.

How about an arcade and retro road trip and pay enternow a visit?

Make sure to bring decent games man & leave that cd-i in Dublin! :D

Make sure to bring decent games man & leave that cd-i in Dublin! :D

You should probably also include Cho Aniki in that exclusion list, just so there's no confusion (or hopes dashed!). :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have fun tomorrow night people! Really wish I was going.

I'll try to sort organizing one in the near future too. Moved around the sitting rooms so it's much more accommodating for a large group of folk. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I would also like to be going, but my usual weekend of working friday and saturday till 7 and 6 is the same.

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition so I'll see if I can swing into town and have a browse around, wish I was able to know if theres anything in rage that I could get but the price fluctuation, I just cant take the risk with only a week to go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition

:eek:

haha Should have seen that coming...

....that on too

I would also like to be going, but my usual weekend of working friday and saturday till 7 and 6 is the same.

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition so I'll see if I can swing into town and have a browse around, wish I was able to know if theres anything in rage that I could get but the price fluctuation, I just cant take the risk with only a week to go :D

Sure come on out anyway, get here for 8 and have a laugh, head off at 1am or so, perfeck!

Ah I'd really like to, but already have to attend something else this Saturday. Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Wily Wars manual!

Ah I'd really like to, but already have to attend something else this Saturday. Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Wily Wars manual!

:eek:

Was that my one? /runs off to check it's still there :p

I'd go to more of these myself but distance is a killer unfortunately.

Ah it was indeed.

Yeah the distance is a killer, I went from my house to swords a few weeks ago in about a hour and 3/4 so its not too bad with the new road

We'll have to plan the next one outside Dublin, not fair to be dragging you country lads into civilisation all the time ;)

Although, where I live almost doesn't count, being out in the sticks... but, as we say, at least it's not Balbriggan!

Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Willy

:confused:

:confused:

Defo not mine! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement