Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Awesome, currently scaring myself silly with Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King.
    I thought it was a simple platformer but it turns out to be a Metroidvania type title, chilling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh here's a list of pretty much every scary game ever made:

http://i.imgur.com/40JbD.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They forgot Overblood :P

Actually one game they forgot is Enemy Zero. It's a mix between something like D and a first person shooter. Except your gun needs to charge up, has a range of 5 feet and all the enemies are invisible and you have to work out where they are by sound.

They also don't have a S.E.U.C.K game I made 20 years ago called Blood Eagle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

No RE0 or RE4 on the Cube and The Ring or Evil Dead on DC either:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given I am such a big wuss I seem to have a surprising number of those games.
    Someday I'll grow enough back bone to play them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Someday I'll grow enough back bone to play them!
    Or you can just watch me play Clock Tower 3 - dem cans!
    [playing it atm, on the third boss]

RE6 has cans! Balloons to pop too!

Oh... how would people feel about me moving this forward to the 20th?

After 4 months I may finally have convinced someone to move in on the 25th.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh... how would people feel about me moving this forward to the 20th?
    should be okay for me and Retr0 afaik

After 4 months I may finally have convinced someone to move in on the 25th.

WooHoo!

Set behaviour to Lurk!

And don't think I can make it on the 20th :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The 20th?

Damn... I'll be at Destination Star Trek London that day busy hanging out with my old pals Patrick Stewart and William Shatner...

Oh well.

are we doing costumes or anything and weren't we going to do something for the podcast like a video thing or something?
    My room is all moved around so lemme know asap if I need to bring stuff so I can find em.
    If Phantasmagoria 2 goes ahead and I have to go back into that office. . .
    simpsons-coma.jpg

Have said it to Doom. He might be along for a bit as well and we can have a go at recording something.

Now if you'll excuse me I think I lost my wallet under the sofa and I don't have a rat to retrieve it for me which is the only plausible way to get a wallet out from under a sofa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm all set and have some composite cables and just burning a copy of Enemy Zero.

Shall we say 6? Should be getting dark by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I should be there tonight, not sure though. More than likely will be.

I'm going to see Stop Making Sense in town tonight with the better half.
    What time do you reckon this will go on until, might call in around 12 if I can.
    Just to say hi, hello, how are you, you bunch of hoopy froods.

Then we can start considering the Jesus/Judas birthday celebration night!

I'm going to see Stop Making Sense in town tonight with the better half.
    What time do you reckon this will go on until, might call in around 12 if I can.
    Just to say hi, hello, how are you, you bunch of hoopy froods.

Then we can start considering the Jesus/Judas birthday celebration night!

I'd have to imagine we'll be pretty active during the witching hour.

And this xmas we should all celebrate the life of Jesus by giving each other the gift of bags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm spending the early evening in the company of some 70mm non-narrative cinema (as you do), and don't know if I'll head out afters. I might pop around for an hour or two before the last bus home. Which buses head your way from the city centre, DR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I will take a cycle down later probably 8 or so as i have a pc to build tonight

• Advertisement

Baraka at the IFI I'm guessing... if you just walk to the front of the Central Bank you can get the 27 from there.

Or if you go to Eden Quay almost any bus does the job. The 15, the 27 (a & b) and the 42 (a & b)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey peeps, planning on heading up around 7-30-8. That ok?

If you just want to podcast, I can have the gear working in 10-15 minutes.

If you want to do video stuff, I will potentially need a good while longer as the intensity shuttle is a picky little fecker so might take an hour or so for me to set up.

Looking forward to it :)

Hey peeps, planning on heading up around 7-30-8. That ok?

If you just want to podcast, I can have the gear working in 10-15 minutes.

If you want to do video stuff, I will potentially need a good while longer as the intensity shuttle is a picky little fecker so might take an hour or so for me to set up.

Looking forward to it :)

Cool can we do a Boulder Dash vidcast :D

Also what about the golf playing monkeys they have to make an apperance tonight

Baraka at the IFI I'm guessing... if you just walk to the front of the Central Bank you can get the 27 from there.

Or if you go to Eden Quay almost any bus does the job. The 15, the 27 (a & b) and the 42 (a & b)

The 42a and 42b dont exist anymore m8

Buses that stop by Dinos
    15 27a 27 42 43

I miss the 42B :(

I miss the 42B :(

So do i they made a right mess of the bus service out my way when it was changed to the 27a

Buses every 30 mins when it used to be every 15:mad:

Sparks43 wrote: »

So do i they made a right mess of the bus service out my way when it was changed to the 27a

Buses every 30 mins when it used to be every 15:mad:

I know that feel, I grew up in Brookfield.

I have collected Sera which means the quota for screams tonight will be more than reached.

^ Don't click that link, it's spam, the guy has posted like this before.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    ^ Don't click that link, it's spam, the guy has posted like this before.

Thanks for telling me after I clicked!

Also probably won't be along tonight after all. Will be getting drunk next door instead, Soz guize.

I've already started hanging decorations!

Sh1te!
    Sorry I missed it guys, wouldn't have gotten over til 1am so no point :(
    But, rest assured i'll be at the next one and i'll host the Jesus/Judas birthday celebrations in December spreading, as Dino reminded me, love with traditional gifts of bags!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alas I could not stay for longer - two hours flies at an A&R beers, especially when the game being played gives 50% of attendees violent motion sickness :p

Thanks again Dinorex for another fun night. I have to apologise for inflicting Enemy Zero on everyone, it's a good game I just forgot how slow it is to get going. Played a good few games although we had a disaster with the PS1, seems the PAL PS1 doesn't output NTSC unless it's through RGB, I only brought composite since I thought we would be recording, which ended up being another disaster, felt sorry for Doom after all the effort he put into it, maybe next time. Also you people that were kicking the dog are horrible people!

• Advertisement

Thanks again Dino! Pity the jelly didn't work out so good.
    Had a great night bar someone kicking the dog >: had nightmares when I went home *sniff*.
    IMO better to watch Retr0 playing Silent Hill than playing it, could not get those controls. Looking forward to the podcast.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also you people that were kicking the dog are horrible people!
    I'm on the verge of ringing Joe Duffy

I still haven't managed to clean the jelly all up.

F*ck you, Destiny's Child. The the jelly wasn't ready for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I know that feel, I grew up in Brookfield.

I grew up in Glenshane! Perhaps we know eachother? That's a bit mental...

So, I asked already but it may have been too early...
    Who is up for a Xmas Arcade and Retro Beers??
    I'd suggest in mine but if someone else thinks of somewhere better thats fine.
    I'm thinking early December but perhaps someone has a suggestion about that.
    Looking forward to hearing from y'all....

PLEASE NOT THE 8th!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

PLEASE NOT THE 8th!!!!

And it begins :D

PLEASE NOT THE 8th!!!!
    the shop is having a Christmas party on the 8th too
    if it was the only date available though wouldn't mind missing it
    beers > everything

Have a work do and another beers to be attending already on the 8th.

Such is the social calendar of a playa like myself.

No idea when my office party is.... It's usually pretty late in December though.

My new flatmate is heading off to Canada for a bit next month too so I'm sure I'll organise a get together at some point as well.

Did someone say 8 player Mario Kart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's a pipe dream

And someone went home with my GC Mario party in the drive!
    Who was playing their GC in the portable upstairs? It's probably still in it!
    I'm not sure when my Chrimbo party is on, 8th is noted as a non starter though.
    If there are more no touchy dates lash them up....

if everyone's out for the 8th than maybe the 1st? before any Christmas parties start since you want to have it early

Not sure, I'm in town that weekend selling paintings, I'll check the calendar

Might be the 14th or 15th?
    The 7th wouldn't suit you Sera if you have to be in Limerick for the night of the 8th, or would it?

Might be the 14th or 15th?
    The 7th wouldn't suit you Sera if you have to be in Limerick for the night of the 8th, or would it?
    Well I haven't paid money to go yet but would need to know if it's definitely the 7th in the next 2 weeks I guess? preferably asap

• Advertisement
Advertisement