Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And someone went home with my GC Mario party in the drive!
    Who was playing their GC in the portable upstairs? It's probably still in it!
    I'm not sure when my Chrimbo party is on, 8th is noted as a non starter though.
    If there are more no touchy dates lash them up....

Score. I got a game and and GBA-SP that evening then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Score. I got a game and and GBA-SP that evening then.
    we're all gonna have to get label makers
    simpsons-radiobart-med.jpeg

Usually I just leave with someone else's innocence...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like Friday, the 7th of December peoples.
    I have a stag night the following weekend and won't be about but if the 7th doesn't suit enough I guess someone else can host on the following weekend without me :(

I think that works for me. And I can give you back all your stuff as an xmas present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Speaking of presents are we doing a secret Santa this year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think that would be cool, everyone who says they're coming better get their ass over here, the Rule of Enternow better not apply to Christmas doos!
    There will be couch/floor/patio space provided for certain poor souls who want to stay over.... names will be submitted to background check beforehand....

I don't want to get Dinorex as my secret santa, his plan, as outlined above, would fill me with disappointment, as would a goat in Kenya, I mean, how can I have fun with a goat if it's sent to Kenya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I don't know Ciderman, it gets a little bit scary around them there parts when the sun goes down. :pac:

I can promise that there will be no ass r*ping before, during or after the Christmas Beers, the local population will be dosed with Androcur and so will be unable to rise to the occasion...

• Advertisement

I can promise that there will be no ass r*ping before, during or after the Christmas Beers, the local population will be dosed with Androcur and so will be unable to rise to the occasion...

I will be driving this time if I do make it out, that taxi man I got the last time was a joke. I wonder could we convince certain individuals that are not too far from me to make it out this time with an offer of transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    that taxi man I got the last time was a joke.

Could even he not find Cidona's place? :D

EnterNow wrote: »

Tbh it's not the easiest of places to find!

No, and he had a sat nav. Had to phone Ciderman about three or four times on the way over.

Tbh it's not the easiest of places to find!

That was my point, its damn tough to find :D

That was my point, its damn tough to find :D

Well make yourself clearer in future! I'm not able to deal with cryptic messages!

• Advertisement

Well make yourself clearer in future! I'm not able to deal with cryptic messages!

Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

Well, I will send a googlemaps link to anyone who wants it.
    My house name is now on the thing so there is no excuse for folk getting lost.
    Anyhow, I'll clearly identify it by burning an effigy of a selection of Army Men games by the gate, that way the house will be easily identifiable.

More importantly, is there anyone for whom the 7th of December is a no-no?
    If so we can do something about it but we need to know now.
    Will Enternow go?
    Will Atavan be sober?
    Will O1s1n venture out?
    Will Sera be still dating that loser?
    Will Retr0 be still thanking his lucky stars that someone was willing to date him, and not expect to be paid an hourly rate?
    All these questions will, hopefully, be answered!

Will Retr0 be still thanking his lucky stars that someone was willing to date him, and not expect to be paid an hourly rate?

:pac::pac:

Speaking of presents are we doing a secret Santa this year?
    Jack sorted it out last year so I assumed he'd be in charge again, it was him wasn't it?
    Will Sera be still dating that loser?
    How can you call him a loser when everything he has runs at 60hz! :P
    but seriously I'm just in it for the divorce settlement in many moons ahead

"I don't want the world, I just want your half"

• Advertisement

I don't want to get Dinorex as my secret santa, his plan, as outlined above, would fill me with disappointment, as would a goat in Kenya, I mean, how can I have fun with a goat if it's sent to Kenya?

Actually, if you want your stuff back you'll have to challenge me to a duel across time and space!

Actually, if you want your stuff back you'll have to challenge me to a duel across time and space!
    Cardgames on Motorcycles?

I can do that, I see you in the ring, last Tuesday, if you weren't there you've forfeited, so give me my stuff back!

Sera wrote: »

Japanese, so hardcore!
    What next?
    Marbles on ponys?
    Conkers on scooters?
    Gangfight on the highways?
    Oh, wait

Japanese, so hardcore!
    What next?
    Marbles on ponys?
    Conkers on scooters?
    Gangfight on the highways?
    this

Will have to pay to the party by next Friday can you let me know if it's definitely the 7th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I would be up for the 7th

And i will also bring along the Videopac for true retro goodness :D

It's the 7th for sure, the following weekend is out and after that is too close to the Jebus Day... I wonder would it work like the Super Mario Bros, the Super Jesus Twins....

It's the 7th for sure, the following weekend is out and after that is too close to the Jebus Day... I wonder would it work like the Super Mario Bros, the Super Jesus Twins....
    Thanks loads I'll let em know Friday :3

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I would be up for the 7th

And i will also bring along the Videopac for true retro goodness :D

Please god don't let it pack up before then:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Its been far too long since Ive seen you chancers, any free car seats from Dublin let me know!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Its been far too long since Ive seen you chancers, any free car seats from Dublin let me know!

Yo!

Master of the Universe

Great! This is a Saturday, right? Work won't interfere in that case :)

Edit - ah, wait, I think it IS a Friday. Will do me best!

Great! This is a Saturday, right? Work won't interfere in that case :)

Edit - ah, wait, I think it IS a Friday. Will do me best!

I hope that's not the rule of EnterNow kicking in. If I do venture out I will be driving so that's two offers of an empty seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Working till 7 on Friday and back in 7 on Saturday morning.

Have to go save little china town aswell so no Jack Burton this time :(

Master of the Universe

Where I come from, we call that situation an 'all nighter'

You can sleep once work is finished on Saturday ;)

I'll more than likely be in work the Saturday so won't be too late!

Where I come from, we call that situation an 'all nighter'

You can sleep once work is finished on Saturday ;)

7 Friday morning till I get home from work at 8 on Saturday night, christ I dont think I can do it. Plus last time I almost cut my fingers off in work :eek:

Well, I'm on duty around the same and I have, at times, had to dodge furniture aimed at my head!

Plus, Mr Burton, lets not underestimate the stamina of someone so expert in BJ's!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

BJ

Burton
    Jack

:eek:

Get the losers home early so we can break out the Burn Cycle at 2am

Unless that's a Ghost Rider reference I don't think so! The CDi is banned! Sure with Burn Cycles level of interactivity we'd be better off watching a YouTube speed run instead! ;)

But EGM voted it BEST CDi game of 1994 in their buyers guide!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'll definitely head along if there's room in a car :)

Also, anyone heading to this on Wednesday: http://sciencegallery.com/events/2012/11/gamecitynights-after-dark-exploration-videogame-culture Seems like it could be worth a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'll definitely head along if there's room in a car :)

Also, anyone heading to this on Wednesday: http://sciencegallery.com/events/2012/11/gamecitynights-after-dark-exploration-videogame-culture Seems like it could be worth a fiver.

Jesus that's five minutes away from where I work.

I am so there.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Speakers will include Martin Hollis, Producer and Director of Goldeneye 007.

If Retr0 is going, I'll be at the very front with the biggest box of popcorn I can find :pac:

That would be pure legend, Retr0 "Mr Hollis, why does your game now enshrine everything sh1te about the genre it used to define?"....
    Next thing Sera is in, dragging Hollis off of her man....

That would be pure legend, Retr0 "Mr Hollis, why does your game now enshrine everything sh1te about the genre it used to define?"....
    Next thing Sera is in, dragging Hollis off of her man....
    nahson, I'd have it up on youtube, fight of the century
    "Hollis attacked by School Girl"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    nahson, I'd have it up on youtube, fight of the century
    "Hollis attacked by bloke dressed as Japanese School Girl"

Fixed:D

I'm still waiting on all those photoshop'd pictures!

• Advertisement
Advertisement