Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    nahson, I'd have it up on youtube, fight of the century
    "Hollis attacked by School Girl"

I can just imagine you having to be held back by security, screaming "hold my earrings!!" While throwing punches in every direction :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm still waiting on all those photoshop'd pictures!

I don't have it installed anymore so your safe on my end anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I can just imagine myself having to be held back by security, screaming "hold my earrings!!" While throwing punches in every direction :P

Getting better only one mistake in your post this time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can just imagine you having to be held back by security, screaming "hold my earrings!!" While throwing punches in every direction :P
    HOLD MAH TOOTH! Reenacting all that wrestling I watched.
    I can be on talk shows then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This is how I'd imagine the fight would really go. :pac:

Would that be Sera we hear in the background? :p

Add in a dash of limerick and bingo.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    This is how I'd imagine the fight would really go. pacman.gif
    Would that be Sera we hear in the background? :p
    Between me and Atavan is it?
    That guy didn't even say "ghowl" "pure" or "like" once, that's 75% of almost all my sentences

Andrew76 wrote: »
    This is how I'd imagine the fight would really go. :pac:

Or they could do it Retr0's way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, aside from Jack "I look nothing like Kurt Russell" Burton, are most people coming?

Do I have to do another bumper shop in Iceland? (last time I may have over done it a tad!)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, aside from Jack "I look nothing like Kurt Russell" Burton, are most people coming?

Do I have to do another bumper shop in Iceland? (last time I may have over done it a tad!)

I shan't be in attendance :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I won't be coming. Exam at 9.00 am next morning. I reckon you should just call the whole thing off.

No need for Iceland. Stock up on a few kegs of absinthe, vodka and captain Morgan's.

Don't overbuy on the food this time, you'll be poor!
    I'll be going, in volunteering tomorrow, will tell em I won't be going to the party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't overbuy on the food this time, you'll be poor!
    I'll be going, in volunteering tomorrow, will tell em I won't be going to the party.

Even though Burton and Enternow won't be there?
    And Atavan is leaving early?

If I'm in work that next day that is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Well, I will send a googlemaps link to anyone who wants it.
    My house name is now on the thing so there is no excuse for folk getting lost.
    Anyhow, I'll clearly identify it by burning an effigy of a selection of Army Men games by the gate, that way the house will be easily identifiable.

More importantly, is there anyone for whom the 7th of December is a no-no?
    If so we can do something about it but we need to know now.
    Will Enternow go?
    Will Atavan be sober?
    Will O1s1n venture out?
    Will Sera be still dating that loser?
    Will Retr0 be still thanking his lucky stars that someone was willing to date him, and not expect to be paid an hourly rate?
    All these questions will, hopefully, be answered!
    Provisionally I'm in , although the last 4 times I've said this something has cropped up to stop me .

I'll be me first time with a few beers after a some months off, for detoxing purposes , so this may be me by about 9 0'clock:

Pffffft! Forget those gaiz, we have Sparks right? think how varied the conversations will be!
    Retr0 will have at least 40 rants, that's something to look forward to and he'll bring the CDI!
    Meanwhile I'll be talking to the dogs :cool:

Meanwhile ill be in the jacuzzi with hot babes and my entourage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn it my one time I get to start a brawl with Martin Hollis and a load of Goldeneye fanboys and I've programming lectures :(

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Damn it my one time I get to start a brawl with Martin Hollis and a load of Goldeneye fanboys and I've programming lectures :(

You ARE going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Ran into a certain someone tonight who I may have convinced to drag himself away from his pantry for the evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DinoRex wrote: »
    Ran into a certain someone tonight who I may have convinced to drag himself away from his pantry for the evening.

Oh it better be Jeeves of Ask Jeeves fame! Haven't seen that guy in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

When is this?
    I want to try come along

pdbhp wrote: »
    When is this?
    I want to try come along
    The 7th of Dec it's a Friday

The 7th of Dec it's a Friday

árse, thats the same day as my Christmas do:(

• Advertisement

árse, thats the same day as my Christmas do:(
    We'd 2 do's on the 8th and Ciders has a stag I think the week before, a week later is too close but he'll clear that up ;c I'm prob all mixed up

You just have ever to ask yourself if you want to talk about football and girls all night or video games!
    I know which one a red blooded retro gamer fiend would pick, and then he'd come to the Beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

You just have ever to ask yourself if you want to talk about football and girls all night or video games!
    I know which one a red blooded retro gamer fiend would pick, and then he'd come to the Beers!

Football and girls, while playing video games :P my PhD conferring on the 7th so I won't be making my A&R beers debut this time, I'll make it a new year's resolution

Between me and Atavan is it?
    That guy didn't even say "ghowl" "pure" or "like" once, that's 75% of almost all my sentences

The other 25% is 'Pennys'

What does "Ghowl" mean, I've been looking through the OED and can't find in there anywhere!
    And, be assured, the Christmas Beers is more important than any minor work doo...

• Advertisement

What does "Ghowl" mean, I've been looking through the OED and can't find in there anywhere!
    And, be assured, the Christmas Beers is more important than any minor work doo...

It means vajayjay.

It means vajayjay.
    Not here, some other places use it like that, it's like dope I guess

Not here, some other places use it like that, it's like dope I guess

No wonder my pickup lines always fail!

Another mystery solved... why Atavan can't score in Limerick.

Tune in again next week as we ask our studio guest to randomly select a part of the world and we find out why Atavan fails to get off over there as well! ;)

(only kidding, I'm sure you're bating them off with a stick)

(and thats bating as in beating, not 'bating as in a foreshortening of masturbating..... just sayin' y'all)

I'm currently dating a Tangela.

114.gif

Is it cool to bring her along? Have told her about the meet ups.

(note: she's actually a girl with purple dreadlocks)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it cool to bring her along? Have told her about the meet ups.

(note: she's actually a girl with purple dreadlocks)

Imaginary girlfriends are allowed I'm sure. They don't take up much space and don't hog all the finger food :P

Is she hot?

She must be if she has purple dreads.

After my last effort there is little chance of running out of food!
    Yeah Dino, imaginary lady friends are fine, just hope Atavans imaginary girlfriend doesn't get jealous...

Actually beginning to wonder if she is imaginary as she was standing right next to me at the protest last night, but when I saw the footage on the news there was no one standing next to me... Could just be vampire or ghost though.

Its ok i seen her:D

PurpleDreadsStar.jpg

• Advertisement

Remember all, Christ/Judas mas Beers incoming, Friday 7th

So next Friday good stuff, where is it on?
    I think I've ditched my Crimbo doo in favour of hanging out with dubious individuals from the interwebs.

May not have a motor though as my work vehicle is out of D.O.E and tax so I'll have to play it by ear:(

So next Friday good stuff, where is it on?

I think it's my house...
    I may not go myself!
    I think I've ditched my Crimbo doo in favour of hanging out with dubious individuals from the interwebs
    Well, I'm sure they will show their appreciation by peeing in your tea over Advent!

I'll be there. (sans tangela)

I can bring a Wii U if you don't have one... Did I mention I have one?

I'll be there. (sans tangela)

I can bring a Wii U if you don't have one... Did I mention I have one?

Hmm,
    Reminds me of this guy....

;)

We should try and network 3 Wii U's together for Mario Kart!

I could totally do it if I just had the right cable.

We should try and network 3 Wii U's together for Mario Kart!

I could totally do it if I just had the right cable.

If its a lan cable i can crimp you one up

• Advertisement

Yeah, 8 player Mario Kart.... it's bound to work... this time....

No sooner will we have the right cable but, before it works, it'll want us to sacrifice a 7 year old cat on a stone of granite, whilst it is pointing at a rising Jupiter, with an obsidian blade, itself blooded with the blood of a first born calf.
    I just checked, it's all in the Mario Kart DD manual, there, in the back....

Advertisement