Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, as the bishop said to the brothel, how many are coming?
    Just so I can hopelessly over buy from Iceland!

Again!

Also, who has a lift, who needs a lift, who is going to have to walk?

What consoles are being brought, what do we need to finally get Mario Kart to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Im still in. Am determined not to let the rule of enternow get the better of me! Just have to sort out how to get back into the city that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »
    Im still in. Am determined not to let the rule of enternow get the better of me! Just have to sort out how to get back into the city that evening.

I will be driving out and driving back, won't be too late back though as I'm up early in the morning.:( I would say I will be heading around 1am or so if that's any good to you you're more than welcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be there and dragging sera along. I'llbring the cube, mario kart (PAL), a decent router and a length of ethernet cable. No mistakes this time!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll be there and dragging sera along. I'llbring the cube, mario kart (PAL), a decent router and a length of ethernet cable. No mistakes this time!

Promises, promises. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah piss. I wanted to play 8 player Mario Kart!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If there's a ride to be hitched I'll be there :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'll be there , driving from maynooth as well so in theory I can give someone a lift (if they're vaugely on the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Sorry to say I will be missing this one...:(

Might be to busy playing something or other....and I just don't think I could take another session where our 8 player mario fails to happen.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im up for Friday

Need a lift for me and the Videopac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There will be sleep overs for everyone in the audience if required.
    Also I can do a run to pick up Dino, Sparks and O1s1n if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'm gonna drive out if possible, Atavan Halen we need to make a plan.
    If I have a car with more seats I can pick up O1s1n (I've always wanted to see how the other half live what with their pantries and butlers etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ill be driving so lifts from the south side for all! Except if there's more than three who need a lift.

Hey, I just had an epiphany!

We can have the first ever, live, Ask Atavan Q&A!

Another reason not to miss this seasonal Beers!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hey, I just had an epiphany!

We can have the first ever, live, Ask Atavan Q&A!

Another reason not to miss this seasonal Beers!

As long as I can have red velour backdrop.

I have a funny feeling I may have to admit defeat as I seem to have fallen foul of the Rule of EnterNow. There will be no 8 player Mario Kart for me this weekend:( I hope you all have a great night and Ciderman doesn't feed you all to death.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling I may have to admit defeat as I seem to have fallen foul of the Rule of EnterNow. There will be no 8 player Mario Kart for me this weekend:( I hope you all have a great night and Ciderman doesn't feed you all to death.

Godammit!

Master of the Universe

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'm gonna drive out if possible, Atavan Halen we need to make a plan.
    If I have a car with more seats I can pick up O1s1n (I've always wanted to see how the other half live what with their pantries and butlers etc.)

Thanks man! I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

My main thing now is figuring a lift home afterwards. If anyone can dump me in the city centre on their way home I can make my way from there:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Similar dilemma as o1s1n. If Atavan is driving, any chance of booking a seat there? Although if anyone is going back through the city centre between 1 and 4 AM it would be very much appreciated :)

Once again, there will be a sleep over service available for any or all that night, no problem, I'm off so I can drop peeps to Swords or Dublin proper

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Similar dilemma as o1s1n. If Atavan is driving, any chance of booking a seat there? Although if anyone is going back through the city centre between 1 and 4 AM it would be very much appreciated :)

We can walk back together. Sure we'll have some great adventures along the way.

Adventure Time with Johnny and O1s1n?

Featuring Ciderman as the Ice King! And Atavan as Gunther!

Sera can Marcelline and Retr0 as the Princess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sera can Marcelline and Retr0 as the Princess!
    But my name means Princess and there's a guy who comes into the shop and calls of Princess who's a pure Ice King, no word of a lie
    Retr0 should be LSP, I want to be Ghost Princess

If yis can get to dundrum then there's lifts available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If yis can get to dundrum then there's lifts available!

Are you a drummie with fuzzy hair & uggs etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    But my name means Princess and there's a guy who comes into the shop and calls of Princess who's a pure Ice King, no word of a lie
    Retr0 should be LSP, I want to be Ghost Princess

I should be Magic Man as he's a total jerk:

tumblr_mdvm0xWF381qh1s7wo1_400.gif

Magic Man, the first dick in mainstream animation.
    The Joker may be insanely evil but Magic Man is just a grade A Shmuck!

You should see what he did in this weeks super creepy episode.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Are you a drummie with fuzzy hair & uggs etc?

Loike O.M.G totes!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    I should be Magic Man as he's a total jerk:
    I totally agree you're similar, making people play Small World at 4am, "oh I'm not even good at it" and then you won ... what a jerk! :mad:

:pac:

Sera wrote: »
    I totally agree you're similar, making people play Small World at 4am, "oh I'm not even good at it" and then you won ... what a jerk! :mad:

:pac:

I'm pretty sure it was Retr0 that won.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was Retr0 that won.
    I thought you won? it was so close

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pfft, I won! I needed to win something after the crushing defeat at the 'Battle of Panel de Pon'.

Oh and I got Sera's girl with the pony tail killed pretty quick in Zombi U when I went back to playing it.

Pfft, I won! I needed to win something after the crushing defeat at the 'Battle of Panel de Pon'.
    you won't be forgetting that anytime soon, maybe I'll beat you at a children's card game as well

• Advertisement

I can see your kids retelling of the Battle of Panel de Pon, "Mammy, tell us again of the time granny Sera found grandad's gaming kryptonite "

And, thusly, legends are made...

Master of the Universe

Fuuuu I'm sitting in work at the moment absolutely dying at my desk with some sort of virus. At least I think it's a virus. Felt like this a few weeks ago and that's what the doctor said I had. Woozy, headache, losing voice, nose like Niagara.

Hopefully I'm not like this tomorrow or I'll be doing a ROE :(

But you can't!
    Sure, Shock Troopers is here, waiting for you!
    And where better for a sick man to be than in a house with two nurses!

Also, does anyone have a spare DC av cable, I realise the reason for my poor picture quality from that console is that I am using the tv mode on the Vga adaptor.
    I'd be willing to trade the Vga box for the av cable

o1s1n wrote: »
    At least I think it's a virus. Felt like this a few weeks ago and that's what the doctor said I had. Woozy, headache, losing voice, nose like Niagara.
    Obviously it's man flu, I'm sick as well but still going we can keep each other company

O1s1n you pull out of more beers than I do women on a Saturday night :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

But you can't!
    Sure, Shock Troopers is here, waiting for you!
    And where better for a sick man to be than in a house with two nurses!

Also, does anyone have a spare DC av cable, I realise the reason for my poor picture quality from that console is that I am using the tv mode on the Vga adaptor.
    I'd be willing to trade the Vga box for the av cable
    Might have a spare. Ill bring it too.

Master of the Universe

O1s1n you pull out of more beers than I do women on a Saturday night :P

So none then? :pac:

I may improve, will continue to blow my nose like a madman for the next 24 hours and see how I am tomorrow.

So Atavan....
    Tell me some more about all of these women you "Pull Out Of".....
    sigmund_freud35082.jpg

That is none of your business! How dare you throw around wild accusations of me sleeping with women of dubious origin!! I'm off to jamma+.

Also who's coming with me tomorrow evening? Just so I know! I'm finished work at 5.30 so hoping to leave around 6.30-7ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Also who's coming with me tomorrow evening? Just so I know! I'm finished work at 5.30 so hoping to leave around 6.30-7ish.

I won't be finished work till half 6 so I'll drive myself out.
    I'm doing an impression of O1s1n at the mo, bloody dying the last 3 days.
    Still coming though as I really want to check out dino's Wii U and possibly make sweet sweet love to his gamepad.

Aye I shall head out to Dundrum for the appointed hour if all is good. Cheers Sir Halen!

Aye I shall head out to Dundrum for the appointed hour if all is good. Cheers Sir Halen!

Yeah that's grand. I have your number anyway so I can give you a text tomorrow!

If o1s1n isn't around I'll take that shock troopers off your hands for a copy of legend of dragoon.

If o1s1n isn't around I'll take that shock troopers off your hands for a copy of legend of dragoon.

You don't like me much, do you? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement